Hello

NYCTSignals

My name is frank.... i am currently a Signal Helper at 167 in the Bronx. Been on the job 2 yrs. I was just made permenant seeing as they fired all the provisional helpers i started with. Times are tuff but I like my job. im 26 so i have a long ways to go with Transit if they dont fire me down the line some where.. I hope to become a Signal Maintainer once the next avaible test comes out.

My name is frank.... i am currently a Signal Helper at 167 in the Bronx. Been on the job 2 yrs. I was just made permenant seeing as they fired all the provisional helpers i started with. Times are tuff but I like my job. im 26 so i have a long ways to go with Transit if they dont fire me down the line some where.. I hope to become a Signal Maintainer once the next avaible test comes out.

Howdy Frank and welcome aboard.:tup:

Ah, that's what I thought. I assume they expect you to be able to read the signal drawing typicals? I find that NYCT drawings are much easier to read than the standard AAR way of drawing signal diagrams.

• 2 weeks later...
Ah, that's what I thought. I assume they expect you to be able to read the signal drawing typicals? I find that NYCT drawings are much easier to read than the standard AAR way of drawing signal diagrams.

they dont expect you to know anything execpt flag the train and paint and grease stops nd switches lol All the rest falls on the maintainer

Archived