MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Transbusfan said:

Ok;) 4599 pending after the removal of the radio and farebox. 4676 and 4681 were picked up this morning to MHV.

I have no clue where you're getting this information from, but the two 2010s were running in Brooklyn this morning and 4599 is currently in service on the B46. May I ask what your sources are?

3 minutes ago, Snorunts said:

I have no clue where you're getting this information from, but the two 2010s were running in Brooklyn this morning and 4599 is currently in service on the B46. May I ask what your sources are?

Yes 4599 is still in service that's why I said pending the removal of the equipment. 4676 and 4681 made their last run the morning and was picked up. As far as the intel i'll keep that to myself. Very telling on this forum when someone provides info its deemed untrue..

22 minutes ago, Transbusfan said:

Ok;) 4599 pending after the removal of the radio and farebox. 4676 and 4681 were picked up this morning to MHV.

4599 is literally in service right now on the B46 LCL.

4676, 4681 were running in service at FLA when you stated they transferred.

Potentially could have moved now however like I said when you stated your message all 3 units were still in service under FLA.

Okay, my apologies. You could have said pending movement to those depots undressed of noting them as transfers. 

5 minutes ago, Transbusfan said:

Yes 4599 is still in service that's why I said pending the removal of the equipment. 4676 and 4681 made their last run the morning and was picked up. As far as the intel i'll keep that to myself. Very telling on this forum when someone provides info its deemed untrue..

1 minute ago, MTATechOperation said:

Potentially could have moved now however like I said when you stated your message all 3 units were still in service under FLA.

Those 2 units as of 3:35PM are now at the MHV base.

4676 ended service at: 10:52AM, on the B46

4681 ended service at 8:52AM on the B41

2 minutes ago, MTATechOperation said:

Let me guess the tracker gave you that info during that time frame ? I guess you had to see it to believe it... B-)

1 hour ago, Transbusfan said:

I kept that in mind that it'll be the next move. Buses can be picked up during the same day ending service like the morning later to move to another depot during the evening. For example, XD-40 7184 out of Ulmer Park running on the B3 (however, 7185 was at Fresh Pond moved during the weekend) during the AM rush to later move to Fresh Pond during the evening around 8 PM all on a Monday.

Edited by Calvin

On 10/5/2022 at 8:05 PM, Calvin said:

on loan?

@Transbusfan it is very strange to have buses operate at their old base for the morning rush, then operate in at their new base for the afternoon rush. I can see this and I’m used to see it. I’m gonna give you 2 RTS buses that I saw one in one depot, then operate at their new depot. Try these 2: 3114 & 4114. In 1991 during one of the largest swaps I saw in person, 4114 was in FP one day and 3114 was in AM. by the time the next day’s peak came, 3114 was in GH on the Bx28,  & 4114 was in AM on the M104. 

4599 still assigned to FLAT, currently on the B46... As far as 4676 & 4681 those were defiantly moved to MANVI.

On another note... 6095 & 6096 have been returned back at HALE from STENG.

8794 delivered to STENG / 4205 scrapped.

And for those who are still questioning QV's 4395 & 4401 that are at STENG, these are still loans as of now, these are not permanently assigned to STENG.

Edited by TransitMan0251