5136 Does Have Cameras

ciboii22

They said it does , & they should work , i asked the bus driver and he said it does work , and why would they have it on there if it didnt work .

No bus driver knows for sure if they work of not, we dont see the feed from the cameras.

Dont ASSume ;)

Exactly, didn't the company that made those cameras go bankrupt? Ie: useless cameras? To me they are nothing more than just mockups now to give would be farebeaters [some not all] 2nd thoughts before doing something stupid.

None of the cameras except the few on the 1000 series D60HFs work

Exactly, didn't the company that made those cameras go bankrupt? Ie: useless cameras? To me they are nothing more than just mockups now to give would be farebeaters [some not all] 2nd thoughts before doing something stupid.

Speaking of which, isn't it funny how nearly all the companies that the (MTA) deals with, always wind up bankrupt? St Louis, Pullman, these cameras, those priority seating on the R160s...

The company who installed those cameras went out of business, hence nobody to maintain the cameras, so out of all of the buses they installed cameras on, rouhly 15% of them actually work!! They are just to scare people, which doesn't work too well

Yup, totally true. Those cameras are just a major waste. People are still entering via the back of the bus and not paying.

What they should have are cops/inspectors at the major stops [not every limited stops] and maybe have them make sure there's no farebeating or something. At least it would be better than nothing.

The company who installed those cameras went out of business, hence nobody to maintain the cameras, so out of all of the buses they installed cameras on, rouhly 15% of them actually work!! They are just to scare people, which doesn't work too well

To add, that company was Integrian...which was a start-up that went under. The line is now owned by Digital Safety Technologies, although it is unclear if they are maintaining the cameras.

These are IP-based cameras.

Archived