Some questions and requests about the MTA

IRTFlushing7

Hello. First Post in the forums. There are some requests and questions that I have about the MTA back in the 90's and up to this year.

- Does anyone have pictures of re-routes of several lines during the aftermath of 9/11. Like, the (Q) running via Queens Blvd. Also, were the close stations be able to see, or where they covered with the blue thing?

-Also, any pictures of the Queensbridge-21st Street station with the (Q6), (:P, and (S) lines.

-Pictures of shuttles over the years as the 63rd Street shuttle, Grand Avenue Shuttle (all if you can), Lennox, etc.

-Dean Street before its closing in '95. (Some of the last pictures, post 1980)

-The abandoned platforms on the Nassau St. Line.

-Finally, some rare G.O.'s and extensions over the years, such as the G line into 179 st., The Jamaica El in '85, IRT Flushing before the repairs, during, and after.

Thanks for the feedback and help. I can find some pages at nycsubway.org, but not all.

I would like to add on, such as abandoned stations and line spurs. Ive Seen a tunnel after leaving Queensbridge-21st, going to Roosevelt. Also, the other tunnel at Roosevelt-74th Street for the terminal station. Finally, anyone can ask questions, and we can possibly help each other out, as I also have some knowledge of the MTA. And the madness during severe weather, such as the 2007 Brooklyn Tornado.

Hello. First Post in the forums. There are some requests and questions that I have about the MTA back in the 90's and up to this year.

- Does anyone have pictures of re-routes of several lines during the aftermath of 9/11. Like, the (Q) running via Queens Blvd. Also, were the close stations be able to see, or where they covered with the blue thing?

talk to Brighton Local

-Also, any pictures of the Queensbridge-21st Street station with the (Q6), (:), and (S) lines.

Go to nycsubway.org and use the station by station guide. Queensbridge is under the IND 6th Avenue Line

-Pictures of shuttles over the years as the 63rd Street shuttle, Grand Avenue Shuttle (all if you can), Lennox, etc.

-Dean Street before its closing in '95. (Some of the last pictures, post 1980)

nycsubway.org has some pictures from 1982, use station by station guide, Dean Street is under BMT Brighton Line

-The abandoned platforms on the Nassau St. Line.

Again nycsubway.org has got you, it's under BMT Jamaica Line and the stations you're looking for are Bowery and Canal

-Finally, some rare G.O.'s and extensions over the years, such as the G line into 179 st., The Jamaica El in '85, IRT Flushing before the repairs, during, and after.

Once more nycsubway.org has many of these. Use the station by station guide. Jamaica El is under BMT Jamaica Line, the Myrtle Avenue Line (Bridge-Jay to Myrtle/Bway upper) is under BMT Myrtle. Finding G/O's is a bit trickier. Best way to go is find the station you're looking for and see what they've got.

Thanks for the feedback and help. I can find some pages at nycsubway.org, but not all.

My turn to do it. See the red.

JFK_Express_Train.jpg

jfk.jpg

recent-bimg_5753.jpg

JFK Express

1) At 57th Street

2) At 21 St-Queensbridge.

3) At Howard Beach-JFK Airport.

The second part of the video might not be true since the JFK Express wasn't really popular. You had to board a bus to get to the train. Also there were reports of people stealing the money when no one was looking.

Can't help with the (G) and the (R).

Archived