M15 SBS

Iamthe1

Is the (M15) select bus service still going to happen because i notice that a lot of new bus stops (which i think are for the SBS) are popping up along first and second avenues, presumably:

106th St and 116th St (their in my neighborhood lol)

As well as other changes like...

new lanes being installed along 1st and 2nd avenues...and on 1st avenue their are new signs going up the say "Bus Only Lane" or something of that sort

oh yea and second avenue got a new repaving from 125th St to 106th St (the street used to be really bumpy up their lol)

Hopefully this link will answer prove useful:

http://www.nyc.gov/html/brt/html/next/first_ave.shtml

The page focusing on (M15) SBS.

Yup, The offical NYC website even has a subsection action about BRT/SBS!

The main service begins 2 months away, in October, [Phase I] with additional stuff (i.e. - full bus stations, street improvements with bikes, etc.) coming in 2011 and 2012 [Phase II]

The page is really insightful. The powerpoint (?) presentations are cool too.

IMO, some of the stops...err...stations along the route...err...corridor seem odd. For example,

2 Av &... 106 St -> 100 St -> 88 St -> 79 St -> 67 St

BTW,

stop < station

route < corridor

Need I say more?

Hopefully this link will answer prove useful:

http://www.nyc.gov/html/brt/html/next/first_ave.shtml

The page focusing on (M15) SBS.

Yup, The offical NYC website even has a subsection action about BRT/SBS!

The main service begins 2 months away, in October, [Phase I] with additional stuff (i.e. - full bus stations, street improvements with bikes, etc.) coming in 2011 and 2012 [Phase II]

The page is really insightful. The powerpoint (?) presentations are cool too.

IMO, some of the stops...err...stations along the route...err...corridor seem odd. For example,

2 Av &... 106 St -> 100 St -> 88 St -> 79 St -> 67 St

BTW,

stop < station

route < corridor

Need I say more?

It's odd for now because of SAS construction between 101 Street and 68 Street.

The only question now is the date in October when it will begin.

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.0; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

Is the (M15) select bus service still going to happen because i notice that a lot of new bus stops (which i think are for the SBS) are popping up along first and second avenues, presumably:

106th St and 116th St (their in my neighborhood lol)

As well as other changes like...

new lanes being installed along 1st and 2nd avenues...and on 1st avenue their are new signs going up the say "Bus Only Lane" or something of that sort

oh yea and second avenue got a new repaving from 125th St to 106th St (the street used to be really bumpy up their lol)

More than likely, it still is gonna happen. 1 Av also got repaved between Houston/1 St to about 42 St.

http://mta.info/mta/news/books/pdf/100726_1045_BUS.pdf

This document has pages about SBS on the M15.

It stretches from page 76 all the way to the end [page 84]

A few points of interest about the document:

It confirms the Sunday, October 10th starting date

SBS will operate longer than the Limited did and with greater frequency

SBS will also have increased operating costs [maintaining the fare machines, etc...]

Page 82 claims that enforcement has reduced fare evasion on the Bx12 SBS.

There was also an alternative plan [whenever this document includes a proposal for a bus line, it always includes several possible alternatives as well...] to ditch the local and have all service would be SBS, but that was rejected on the basis of the great distance between some stops.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/brt/html/faq/faq.shtml

This is a general FAQ page about SBS.

Although many of the questions are typical ones about SBS, I still found it pretty helpful.

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/DMD64) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

SBS is nearing on the M15...bus only lanes are now painted on 1 a between Houston st & about 57 St.

Not if I beat you to it. :P

I work right by 1 av, I'll beat both of you to it lol :P

I personally hate this sbs business. They just installed a new bus stop where I live and it took away alot of parking over here, and the bus stop is not even in use yet. I've gotten 2 parking summonses for a bus stop not even in use yet, with no indication on its bus pole on what bus is stopping there. Is it neccesary to create a new bus stop so far on the route before the bus route ends? No. Why couldn't they just use the same bus stop like the regular m15 on 106 - 105st? No one is going to be waiting for this sbs bus going north when the next to last stop is so soon.

Now looking for parking is getting worse and worse having to wait up to 2 hours for a spot. Alot of you guys don't understand this yet because you either don't drive yet or don't own cars. I guarantee in 5 years the'll do away with the sbs B.S and I can't wait.

Archived