Trainz Sim NYCTA Pics

Strain

Ok and i downloaded the 8hr. free trial of GSUP8 and i got the thing into gmax so ho do i get it into trainz and will the textures show cuz i dont know what im doing?

And by the looks of my station do you think it will fit like all 8 cars on an R46 and all 10 Cars on an R143?

Ok i sent the email.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok and i downloaded the 8hr. free trial of GSUP8 and i got the thing into gmax so ho do i get it into trainz and will the textures show cuz i dont know what im doing?

And by the looks of my station do you think it will fit like all 8 cars on an R46 and all 10 Cars on an R143?

Ok i sent the email.

To get it into Trainz you would have to re-texture it in Gmax, because regardless of exporting, the textures will not show up in anything other than Autodesk 3DS Max, the general supporter of .3DS files. After that, export it to a folder in .IM format, and once in Trainz, you have to use Content Creator Plus to create a config file. I write my config files by hand and is not explainable.

When I looked at the length of your station, it looked to be somewhere around 44 meters long, if you round it. NYC Subway stations are about 200 meters long for BMT/IND stations, and about 175 meters long for IRT stations. This station would therefore be very small when exporting to Trainz, so you'd probably have to scale it to about 5 times its current size.

My new Subway Station hope you like.:P

Bus Station/Terminal. (Bx10)(Q43)(M31)(Bx33)(B20)(B16)(B110)(M10) Stops

Untitled-2.png.

NB Platform. (N)(R). Now serves (Q) as well.

Untitled2-1.png.

SB Platform/ Full underground View.(N)(R)(Q)

Untitled3.png.:rock::rock::rock::drool::deadhorse::lock:

Hope you enjoy and is there someone other than Bstyles that can help me get this into trainz cuz ive troubled him enough already.

Edited by Strain

The height of a platform would be 1.1 meters, or 3' 7.3". And I believe Jeffmorris made some city buses. Look under his name on the DLS.

I don't mind getting more stations into Trainz. The more, the merrier. I've been upgrading my computer the last few days and through all the software glitches I haven't had a chance to look at your station, but this evening I will make some progress.

For get about the mega station I said I'd make. This is a decimate project I will be making a M2 or what ever train it is they have on th MNNH Line I always get mixed up in what type they are I will be using GSU8. Since I've kinda gotten the feel of it I'm ready for something new. Now I'll try to make it as accurate as I can but just remeber I'm just an amture at this stay tuned for more.:rock::):cool:

Good luck and thinking about this Trainz Classics,09 and 2010 has the same Metro North Content and it's top notch stuff 3rd party reskinners skinned the Shoreliners into NH(red) colors and the Locomotives and rolling stock is decent very realistic.I hope this works well for you.

And btw this is the NYCTA thread lol.I guess u can post ur progress in that other thread made if ya want.

Good luck and thinking about this Trainz Classics,09 and 2010 has the same Metro North Content and it's top notch stuff 3rd party reskinners skinned the Shoreliners into NH(red) colors and the Locomotives and rolling stock is decent very realistic.I hope this works well for you.

And btw this is the NYCTA thread lol.I guess u can post ur progress in that other thread made if ya want.

Well technically this does run in the NYC and in my crazy messed up i think its a subway (long story dont only if you have a lot o time on your hands) so i think ill rename the thing to any thing NYC but it has to be trainz related. Now i know that there will be alot more pics if i do that.

Can someone help me change the thread name to Anything NYC Trainz Only.

Hello all.

Sorry I've been away for a few weeks. internet company is still giving me issues, so I have to go to the local coffee shop for wifi. anyway, I have made significant progress on the route, and have finally started into downtown Brooklyn. The (A)(C) has been constructed to schermerhorn, with the transit museum included. The (G) connection to the (F) and Bergen St is built, the (R) is built to metrotech, and the (2)(3)(4)(5) have been built to borough hall and where they join up before hoyt st. since this is a mobile phone post, pictures will be included later tonight. guaranteed!

@Strain: good luck with your projects. you're looking good so far.

@Bstyles: have you had a chance to look at the signal pack I sent you a few weeks ago? PM me so we can discuss it more. I've made some more signals.

No Sleep 'Til Brooklyn folks....stay up for the pics B)

-A :cool:

My custom stations are the following so far: (These are ones that cannot be found in any of Jeff Morris' station pack.

Grand Central (S)

Times Square (S)

42 St-Port Authority (A)(C)(E)

18 St (6)

Worth St (6)

Union Square (4)(5)(6)

Astor Place (6)

Bleecker St (6)

Spring St (6)

Essex St (J)(M)(Z)

Chambers St (J)(Z)

Chambers St (A)(C)

World Trade Center (E)

Bowling Green (4)(5)

For the BMT Nassau line stations: Bowery and Canal St, I just left the unused portions of the stations walled off. Now, what is meant by custom stations for TSQ and Rockefeller Center? They have standard configurations, it looks like to me.

Edited by Green Eggs n' Pelham

I was a construction junkie this past weekend, and I've made it to Brooklyn, all tunnels and bridges except the (L). That'll get finished when the Queens-Queensboro Plaza complex is done, so I can factor in the (G)-(L) connections.

Anyway...here ya go!

ProgressReportMap.jpg

Progress Report Map as of 1/10/2011

UnfinishedBergenTop.jpg

(G) train avoids derailing at Bergen St upper level. Construction worker strike?

TransitMuseum1.jpg

R17's at the Transit Museum

Schermerhorn-SmithWye.jpg

The madness of the Smith-Schermerhorn Wye, (A)(C)(F)(G)

R46atBroadStlayups.jpg

I know it's impossible for 75 footers on the eastern BMT, but here is a R46 set at the Broad St layups

PortalstoBrooklyn.jpg

View of the Montague tunnels south of Bowling Green. (5) goes straight when they layup, and diverging goes to Brooklyn

GatSchermerhorn.jpg

For the first time ever on my route....a (G) train!!! (5-cars only)

NewNameatMetrotech.jpg

I'm not a fan of the new station name either. (R) station

BoroughHall-Jay.jpg

So I kept the original name at the (A)(C)(F) station!

59StIRT-IND.jpg

Columbus Circle. I completed the (1) from 72 St to South Ferry.

4atBowlingGreen.jpg

(4) at Bowling Green, with orange tiles.

Enjoy folks!

-A :cool:

Question: should I follow the (A)(C) up to Broadway Jct, the Coney Island lines or the Brooklyn IRT? I'm deciding which to continue with first.

Side note: If you looked at the map closely, I've got CPW done to 110 St, the B'way IRT to 72 St, and the 63rd St, 60th St, 53rd St & 42nd St tunnels done into Queens, including Roosevelt Island, 23 St-Ely, and 21 St-Queensbridge. Uptown & Queens will get its own post once a significant portion is done.