2010 MLB Postseason The Hunt For October/November Baseball

mass production

Listen, Girardi is going to stick with A.J for game 4 no matter what, they can talk all they want over the radio, it's the managers call in the end. That having been said I feel that the Yankees can win 2 out of 3 at home where they have a huge advantage. The Rangers finished 3 games under 500 for the season on the road,that isn't very good. Yankees up 3-2 going to Texas for game 6, that is the likely scenario in my opinion.

I think the Rangers would be happy no worse than being down 3-2. IMO for a realistic chance to win the series Cliff Lee needs to win game #3.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While North Texas will always have the Cowboys and College Football as a 1st love in sports, the Rangers in the ALCS is front page news. Even over the last-place Cowboys and an important Governor's race in Texas for the moment.

All of the Dallas area TV news stations and newspapers have sent crews/reporters to NYC to cover game #'s 3-5. The Rangers run is already outside of the Cowboys super bowls the most covered playoff run of a pro team in North Texas history. Even more than the Stars winning the Stanley Cup and the Mavs making the NBA Finals in 2006. Here proof with link to the ABC station in Dallas.

http://www.wfaa.com/home/related/Rangers-fans-in-enemy-terriroty--105179389.html

Cliff Lee is in a 'zone' again. Lee as of 7 innings has pitched a 2-hit shutout as Texas leads 2-0. Andy pitched a very good game but Lee has been amazing.

Barring another Yanks late comeback, the Rangers will be up 2 games to 1.;)

8-0 now, put it in the books. Andy pitched a gem, that is a positive.

I still think the Yankees have a good chance to win the next 2 games,

but if this series goes to 7 games it will be hopeless for them.

Pitched a gem in a lost cause is not a positive. It's a waste. If Andy pitched Saturday, this might've been a game that can be given up. AJ needs to get his act together tomorrow. If they are down 3-1, it's over especially with Lee likely in game 7.

What game does CJ Wilson is supposed to again pitch for the Rangers?

By way it's a wrap as Texas wins game #3 8-0.

^^^ and whatever team picks him up, he's gonna bomb.... that almost always happens when pitchers get traded & get a big pay day....

Anyway, I don't know who's pitching for Texas tomorrow, but I tell you this... Burnett is the only yankee I have ZERO faith in.... But Girardi doesn't have a choice but to throw this guy out there.... they pay him (AJ) the big bucks, let's see what he does....

Yankees will most likely win one of these next 2 games @ home, but yet & still, if the yankee bats come out flat tomorrow, they don't have much of a chance in winning this series.... not from what I'm noticing in these 3 games thus far....

That top of the 9th in today's game I'm not worried about; that was nothin more than a conceding (of the game) of the fact that Lee simply dominated this lineup... kept them off balance.... This is why I wait til game 3 onward to assess a series (although I'm not changing my prediction, which is looking pretty dam bleak right now, looking at all these swings & misses).... turns out that Tampa Bay forcing the ALDS to a game 5 worked out perfectly for Texas in this ALCS... go figure....

The obvious weakness I'm seeing so far out of this Yankee team, is the fact that they aren't effectively hitting any of these lefty SP's (Liriano included, if it weren't for that 1 bad inning)....

Total truth ^

=

No matter what happens Cliff Lee has just about assured himself a big pay day as a free agent during off season. Can we say $25 Million a year?

At least that, well into 'CC money'. His main negative is that he doesn't work on 3-days rest. I now understand how Cashman was justified in being pissed about that trade for Lee falling thru.

Total truth ^

=

At least that, well into 'CC money'. His main negative is that he doesn't work on 3-days rest. I now understand how Cashman was justified in being pissed about that trade for Lee falling thru.

My gut with Lee. He either signs with the Yanks to be with his old buddy from Cleveland, "CC", the Cardinals(he favorite team growing up as a kid) or stays in Texas since he oringally from nearby Little Rock, Ark.

My gut with Lee. He either signs with the Yanks to be with his old buddy from Cleveland, "CC", the Cardinals(he favorite team growing up as a kid) or stays in Texas since he oringally from nearby Little Rock, Ark.

I know Lee's a free agent, but still...

Who would the Yankees get rid of?

Remember, Mo & Jeter are free agents this year also... you know neither one of them aint goin nowhere, and management will end up paying them more than what each of them are making now, in order to keep them around...

Well I would say they should give Mo what he wants, but Jeter's demands would need to come way down from what he currently makes. Either way I would think to pass up on Lee to cave in to Jeter's demands will haunt them.

I respect Jeter, but no way is he worth passing up an ace like Lee when he shut the Yankees down for the 3rd time in the playoffs.

I know Lee's a free agent, but still...

Who would the Yankees get rid of?

Remember, Mo & Jeter are free agents this year also... you know neither one of them aint goin nowhere, and management will end up paying them more than what each of them are making now, in order to keep them around...

Remember there is a 50/50 chance Andy retires after the season as well.

You can use that money for Lee.

Remember there is a 50/50 chance Andy retires after the season as well.

You can use that money for Lee.

Yes, that's true.... forgot Andy's on there also...

But I still get this gut feeling that they're gonna actively (stupidly, IMO) go after Crawford, to try to replace the lack of output that guys like Kearns, Thames, Berkman, and at times (as much as I hate to say this) Granderson.... where they'd plan on putting him in the lineup, to that, I don't have a clue...

Well I would say they should give Mo what he wants, but Jeter's demands would need to come way down from what he currently makes. Either way I would think to pass up on Lee to cave in to Jeter's demands will haunt them.

I respect Jeter, but no way is he worth passing up an ace like Lee when he shut the Yankees down for the 3rd time in the playoffs.

yup....

you know that, and I know that...

but lo & behold, if mgmt. actually had the balls to hand Lee a max contract, in conjunction with prompting Jeter to take a paycut for the greater good for the team:

a] A-Rod will be brought up into the conversation somehow, someway... guaranteed.

b] the Yankee faithful will rip Cashman & company a new one...

C] the NY media will rip Cashman & company a new one...

NY media will be brutal, but if Lee pitches well for the Yankees, the fans will not care about Cashman basically slamming the door on Jeter. Any sensible person will realise it makes no sense to let the best [at least up there with Halladay] go elsewhere because they were tied up overpaying Jeter who is past his prime.

I agree that Crawford can't help this lineup. Thames was a good pickup and Gardner always plays hard and if not for his dive at 1st in game 1, they'd be down 3-0 right now. Pitching is always #1 on the importance list.

Yes, that's true.... forgot Andy's on there also...

But I still get this gut feeling that they're gonna actively (stupidly, IMO) go after Crawford, to try to replace the lack of output that guys like Kearns, Thames, Berkman, and at times (as much as I hate to say this) Granderson.... where they'd plan on putting him in the lineup, to that, I don't have a clue...

yup....

you know that, and I know that...

but lo & behold, if mgmt. actually had the balls to hand Lee a max contract, in conjunction with prompting Jeter to take a paycut for the greater good for the team:

a] A-Rod will be brought up into the conversation somehow, someway... guaranteed.

b] the Yankee faithful will rip Cashman & company a new one...

C] the NY media will rip Cashman & company a new one...

Yanks will have some decisions to make such as signing for reminder of their careers Jeter and "Mo and have to overpay for them.

Crawford is not and will never be Rickey Henderson. Still say he might go sign with his buddy Tori Hunter(playing the D. Wade booster role for the Angels)and try to regain the AL West they owned for nearly the last decade.

IMO the Yanks most important is to get Lee.

Wonder if this boards superphils fan Patcoman is in worried mood yet? For that i bet the lines at sportsradio WIP-AM is jamed tonight.

The Giants beat the Phils 3-0 to take a surprising 2 games to 1 lead over the Phils. If this holds up and the Giants win the series IMO, it ranks among the biggest LCS upsets ever.

Meanwhile the Yanks try to come back and tie series after the beatdown by Cliff Lee in game #4.

There a real chance now that the worse nightmare tv ratings wise for Fox-TV and Bud Selig of a Giants/Rangers world series could take place.:confused:

Jeffery Meir part 2? As of 1010pm tonight in game #4, the Yanks lead the Rangers in the 5th inning.

However this game has been highlighted by '2' home run calls. The first hit by Robby Cano just cleared the fence as fans tried to get involved in catching the play. What controversial is that the umps in the game did not review Cano's disputed HR.

Soon after Lance Berkman possible HR which was very hard to call from tv replays, was ruled a foul ball after replay review by the umps.

If Yanks win this game, Rangers fans and Non-Yankee MLB fans across America will be crying again just like the Mehr play in the 1996 ALCS. Here article.

http://mlb.fanhouse.com/2010/10/19/two-home-run-controversies-in-one-inning-between-yankees-ranger/

Bad umpiring, what was the right field umpire looking at? replay showed the fan reaching over the wall with his glove, not sure if Cruz would have caught the ball though,but still they should have at least reviewed it on video.

If this was in the late innings I am sure they would have though. Teixeira injury might be a blessing in disguise, he was doing nothing in the series offensively.

Bad umpiring, what was the right field umpire looking at? replay showed the fan reaching over the wall with his glove, not sure if Cruz would have caught the ball though,but still they should have at least reviewed it on video.

If this was in the late innings I am sure they would have though. Teixeira injury might be a blessing in disguise, he was doing nothing in the series offensively.

Won't matter much now. Texas now leads 6-3.:P Hamilton 3rd HR of ALCS.

If Rangers win this series Josh Hamilton has to be at least be in the discussion for ALCS MVP. However Cliff Lee will probably get it.

Even when they were up 3-2 before that top half of the 6th, I'm watching the game, and it's like, there's (still) no life in this team... even with the 2 Jeter XBH's...

I notice trends when I watch sports... Me, I'm sittin there waitin for somethin to unravel (in the top 6th)... just a matter of time... it usually happens when a team puts men on base (in the capacity the yankees did in that bottom of the 5th) & get nothin to show for it in that half of the inning.... also, after the 2nd inning, it seemed as if AJ was just escaping innings.... that catches up with you too....

When I said yesterday:

Yankees will most likely win one of these next 2 games @ home, but yet & still, if the yankee bats come out flat tomorrow, they don't have much of a chance in winning this series.... not from what I'm noticing in these 3 games thus far....

....what I meant by that statement is, it's the absolute worse time for a collective offense to go cold... putting a guy that has 0 HR's in the lineup doesn't help either (regardless if that's "Burnett's catcher")....

as far as the 2 homerun calls & the injury to Tex... it isn't an excuse.... even if they (try) to pull off a late inning comeback, this series is done... sometimes you gotta know when to fold em, as a fan... you can say anything's possible, but this team is gonna have to do a complete 360 if they're even gonna force a game 7....

and the part that gets me, is that... they got beat at their own game/style too.

Even when they were up 3-2 before that top half of the 6th, I'm watching the game, and it's like, there's (still) no life in this team... even with the 2 Jeter XBH's...

I notice trends when I watch sports... Me, I'm sittin there waitin for somethin to unravel (in the top 6th)... just a matter of time... it usually happens when a team puts men on base (in the capacity the yankees did in that bottom of the 5th) & get nothin to show for it in that half of the inning.... also, after the 2nd inning, it seemed as if AJ was just escaping innings.... that catches up with you too....

When I said yesterday:

....what I meant by that statement is, it's the absolute worse time for a collective offense to go cold... putting a guy that has 0 HR's in the lineup doesn't help either (regardless if that's "Burnett's catcher")....

as far as the 2 homerun calls & the injury to Tex... it isn't an excuse.... even if they (try) to pull off a late inning comeback, this series is done... sometimes you gotta know when to fold em, as a fan... you can say anything's possible, but this team is gonna have to do a complete 360 if they're even gonna force a game 7....

and the part that gets me, is that... they got beat at their own game/style too.

Exactly.

You can't blame the (still only potential but seemingly almost definite at this point) loss of this series solely on the horrendous pitching (except Pettite, but he was up against Lee. As several people have said, they probably should have gone with AJ (can't win) vs Lee (can't beat) yesterday and Pettite today.) Besides that 8th inning outburst in game one the bats have been completely flat and the Yankees have been completely outplayed. If you don't score runs you don't win games.

EDIT: Case in point. Bases loaded and one out, and they don't score.

And the flood gates have opened. Cruz just homered and Rangers lead 10-3.

Exactly.

You can't blame the (still only potential but seemingly almost definite at this point) loss of this series solely on the horrendous pitching (except Pettite, but he was up against Lee. As several people have said, they probably should have gone with AJ (can't win) vs Lee (can't beat) yesterday and Pettite today.) Besides that 8th inning outburst in game one the bats have been completely flat and the Yankees have been completely outplayed. If you don't score runs you don't win games.

EDIT: Case in point. Bases loaded and one out, and they don't score.

Archived