New R62 strip map on the (3)

R33WF

It's seriously about time. They didn't even update it for the (3)'s turn to 24/7 status years ago (I forget how many years ago that was). Well, at least now they won't have to change it again for a while, barring any unforseen changes.

The 3 is 24/7? Damn i been gone out of nyc that long l0l.

Yes it is! After midnight, the (3) runs from 148th St to Times Square. Sometimes it goes to 34th St or further down Manhattan depending on if there is a G.O. but it's running after 12am and that's the most important thing, thank God.

That (3) strip map looks great. I approve! :tup::tup::tup:

If they had the money why didn't they just install the LCD lights like the R160's have. So people can destroy it.

Well the (MTA) doesn't really have much money so to take on a project like putting LCD lights or whatever on the (3) would be expensive as hell, I would think. The (3) has used strip maps like this for many years and it works. Why mess with a good thing when it's isn't messed up?

If they had the money why didn't they just install the LCD lights like the R160's have. So people can destroy it.

The paper strip maps work especially well for the lines that use the R62/As now because the cars are hardly transferred between lines. I think they're okay for now.

A paper strip map might cost about $100 to put up (I'm only guessing here) while a LCD screen in each car would likely take thousands of dollars. Also the R62s have been on the (3) for a long while and likely are going to die on the (3).

Archived