Out-Of-Control PATH Conductor Tosses Passengers' Food

buswizard

An out-of-control conductor for the PATH (Port Authority Trans-Hudson) service between New York City and New Jersey has been enforcing the network's no eating rule by grabbing astonished riders' grub right out of their hands and chucking it out the window of moving rail cars, the New York Post reported Monday.

Food-tossing conductor Michael Wilson acted out at least three times, lobbing a box of pizza, bucket of chicken and container of candy off trains.

But he may have flung his last piece of food.

Port Authority officials caught up with him earlier this month after he grabbed a box of candy that two teens were selling during the evening rush hour.

Read more: http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/traffic/traffic_news/enraged-path-conductor-tossed-passenger-food#

post-1612-133288582239_thumb.jpg

post-1612-133288582239_thumb.jpg

It's one thing to enforce your 'no eating' policy, but it's one thing to assault someone found in violation. Of course, we do not know whether the teenagers tried to attack him first.

Those people were lucky they weren't arrested for violating PATH's policy. An 11 year old girl was arrested in a WMATA station some years back for eating a french fry. Big brother is always watching.

Even if the the teen tried to attack him 1st that still doesnt give the CR no right to go in a rage. What I was told when I was in training with NJT was no matter if someone hits you do not hit them back because they can sue and you will be assed out of a job. They hit us and the law kills them with up to 7yrs in jail and a 7,500 Fine. But you best believe if someone attacks me im throwing pepper spray in they eyes.

PATH can take all their Nazi-like rules and shove it.

you're wrong

PATH= FAIL. They don't even have garbage cans in their system!

PATH is a clean and efficient system that transports over 200,000 daily riders.

It's one thing to enforce your 'no eating' policy, but it's one thing to assault someone found in violation. Of course, we do not know whether the teenagers tried to attack him first.

Those people were lucky they weren't arrested for violating PATH's policy. An 11 year old girl was arrested in a WMATA station some years back for eating a french fry. Big brother is always watching.

I do not condone assault, but this wouldn't have happened if the passenger adhered to the rules. Food and drinks are banned so PATH doesn't become dirty and unsanitary like the NYC subway

PATH= FAIL. They don't even have garbage cans in their system!

um, who ever told you that lied.

PATH may seem crazy with all of its super strick rules, but when you take into account all the fact that a plot was unveiled to blow up its Hudson Tubes, you can't be too mad at them.

Do you really have to eat on a PATH ride? I mean, it was a while ago so I might be exaggerating a bit, but it was certainly under an hour between 14th Street and Newark...you can go without the Big Mac for a half an hour.

I promise.

Do you really have to eat on a PATH ride? I mean, it was a while ago so I might be exaggerating a bit, but it was certainly under an hour between 14th Street and Newark...you can go without the Big Mac for a half an hour.

I promise.

I mean while it is ridiculous to eat a full meal on a train, what about the people eating something as simple as a candybar?

you're wrong

Okay Weinberg.

what about the people eating something as simple as a candybar?

When the candybar wrapper ends up just thrown about on the ground (which, if you've ever ridden the NYC subway, you'll know that it usually does), you have to ask: is it worth it?

We hear about rats on station platforms in the subway all the time (hell, every so often they just jump aboard on the train!) but how often do we hear about rats invading PATH stations? I'm not saying that the rat population isn't there but I bet you it's a lot smaller than it is on a per-station basis than the subway.

you're wrong

I do not condone assault, but this wouldn't have happened if the passenger adhered to the rules. Food and drinks are banned so PATH doesn't become dirty and unsanitary like the NYC subway

lol-he-mad1.jpg

you're wrong

How is he wrong?

That doesn't mean anything. A transit system can be **** and span yet be operated corruptly

Oh please you make it seem like the NYCS is the worst thing that has ever been built. Does anyone need to be reminded today that our oldest underground infrastructure is 106 years old and still standing? This can't be said for many other systems.

you're wrong

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... ok I'm done.... it's just funny seeing people *cough cough* throw out assertments and not bother to back them up... and my personal response?

PATH can take all their Nazi-like rules and SHOVE IT up Hitler's dead ass. And just because now there are camera's on the PA-5's won't deter me from taking railfan videos next time I'm on the system... so SUCK ON THAT...PATH Management =P

When the candybar wrapper ends up just thrown about on the ground (which, if you've ever ridden the NYC subway, you'll know that it usually does), you have to ask: is it worth it?

We hear about rats on station platforms in the subway all the time (hell, every so often they just jump aboard on the train!) but how often do we hear about rats invading PATH stations? I'm not saying that the rat population isn't there but I bet you it's a lot smaller than it is on a per-station basis than the subway.

Well you have to remember, NYCT does have 10 times more underground space than PATH. And NYCT tracks are often located near sewers. Sewers = rats. A good point was brought up too.....What if I eat something small as a mint and shove the wrapper in my pocket.

And just because now there are camera's on the PA-5's won't deter me from taking railfan videos next time I'm on the system... so SUCK ON THAT...PATH Management =P

Pierce_FBI_web.jpg

:P

lol.... I wonder what kind of torture devices the Bush Administration put on that truck to extract the true intentions of railfans who take videos of trains.... :P

I can see it now.... WATERBOARD.....

"AHHHH HELP!!!! I WAS JUST TRYING TO GET A SAMPLE OF THAT WICKED PROPULSION SOUND!! DON'T KILL ME XP"

Folks, PATh is NOT the (MTA) subway. It is very strict there are always people watching at every station, the stations are way smaller, the trains are shorter, and no, the kids would not have attacked the conductor, he wouldn't have tossed the candy, he would have held the train at next station and the PA cops would have been called.

I know some of you have never set foot on PATH and it shows in the comments. They do not screw around on PATH, they operate it like a railroad, not like a transit system, if people act up in a way that isnt safe or breaks the law, they are kicked off/arrested every-single-time unless the situation isn't able to be handled right at the time it happens, which is rare.

If a conductor on PATH tried to take anything of mine, i'd not let them have it. Open food and beverage isn't allowed, but food closed in wrappers (including candy) and beverages in bottles are allowed.

- A

The air quality in the most dank PATH stations is 3254y6367i6488 times better than any underground (MTA) station, including GCT, there are no mice, no rats, the stations, aside from some cosmetic deterioration from groundwater pushing in the stations are clean, the reason there are no trash cans is o people cannot hide explosives in them. Most of the stations are near areas with trash cans, newark, journal square, newport, hoboken, all have trash receptacles outside the fare controlled area, and the stations in manhattan, all you gotta do is pitch in at the nearest street corner before you go down the stairs. I do think they need more clear plastic trash cans by WTC though, but they can't really do that for safety reasons, the nearest trash bin is up on barclay and west broadway (about a block away).

- A

Folks, PATh is NOT the (MTA) subway. It is very strict there are always people watching at every station, the stations are way smaller, the trains are shorter, and no, the kids would not have attacked the conductor, he wouldn't have tossed the candy, he would have held the train at next station and the PA cops would have been called.

I know some of you have never set foot on PATH and it shows in the comments. They do not screw around on PATH, they operate it like a railroad, not like a transit system, if people act up in a way that isnt safe or breaks the law, they are kicked off/arrested every-single-time unless the situation isn't able to be handled right at the time it happens, which is rare.

If a conductor on PATH tried to take anything of mine, i'd not let them have it. Open food and beverage isn't allowed, but food closed in wrappers (including candy) and beverages in bottles are allowed.

- A

Speaking on the not screwing around thing, I saw a railfan taking photos on PATH once. Almost immediately it got reported..

Yep, i've seen that happen. Often i'll tell tourists bout the photo rule & if they ignore me usually the conductor ends up strolling over & saying something. The ban is to protect a vital transportation artery, not to be jerks as some postulate. Only time i ever do photo or video is if i see a private railcar at hudson yard, or like the one 15 second video of the BNSF loco on the trash train at journal square. The crew typically understands that these are too good to pass up, but may remind you anyways & could ask you, within their power to do so, to delete. The best way to experience PATH is to ride it, nothing else quite like it. :tup:

- A

Archived