Bus Drivers that don't know the route

Via Garibaldi 8

^^^ I was JUST about to make that same point about this guy... but figured I tried to keep peace... for now...

Anyway, It's not a peeve for me when a driver don't know a route...

9 times out of 10, I'm usually the one to head to the front of the bus to help them out....

If you don't know something, you simply don't know it.....

What does bother me though, is when b/o's take diversions, and don't tell/announce pax beforehand...

shit, with me, it doesn't even have to be a formal announcement... just be like, yeah, I'm taking ______ due to construction on the _______...

That would be great if the guy knew the route....so if he don't know it he does not know he is off route......B):eek:;)

Am I the only one to notice that he's only complaining about Staten Island service? But anyway, drivers get lost all the time on a route in ANY BOROUGH they never did before, no matter how long they been working with the (MTA). It happens, nobodys perfect.

Do you remember when MTA Bus and LIB was doing both (G) and (Q)(S) Buses, I remember one of Baisley Park B/O talk wrong route on (G)(S) Bus when I was riding on LIB on (G)(S).

I remember that (G) shuttle. I hped out a Baisley Pk driver cuz he didn't know the area, let alone Brooklyn period.

As if driving on city streets isn't tough enough. Just think if you were taken from where you were familiar with the roads and put in another part of the city where you weren't familiar with the roads. You might as well be on another planet. Cut the guy some slack.

As if driving on city streets isn't tough enough. Just think if you were taken from where you were familiar with the roads and put in another part of the city where you weren't familiar with the roads. You might as well be on another planet. Cut the guy some slack.

The thread wasn't so much about the one driver. It was really a question of why so many drivers on Staten Island get lost. I ride buses in Manhattan and Brooklyn and have done so for years and I've never had a lost driver. Same thing in Queens when I've used the service out there.

The thread wasn't so much about the one driver. It was really a question of why so many drivers on Staten Island get lost. I ride buses in Manhattan and Brooklyn and have done so for years and I've never had a lost driver. Same thing in Queens when I've used the service out there.

Via Garibaldi....Dude take a chill pill and stop being rude. DevilBus is a respected member (and a good source of info) for many on here. As someone who's driven and now dispatches he sees both sides of the coin on this, so show some repesct.

You wanted answers on why B/Os in SI are having problems with the runs....well 4 MTA B/Os explained it:

Part of the problem is newly hired b/os may get thrown in staten island and not know anything about staten island. 90 % of b/o in staten island live in staten island.

MTA just had a new class on SI, so you probably got a newbie. It's not his fault. Especially if he is on the extra list, he's gonna get lost a few more times. So if you see him, wait for another bus.. Or just help the guy/gal out..

He could have been on the Extra List when you are on the Extra List you do almost every route that comes out of the Depot or whatever the union assigns you to do which could be the same route every day or something different some people can't remember a route in one day like I and others can it takes time they only give you one to two days to learn one route cut them some slack

I did the X25 once in line training. I was with a 10yr vet and she didn't even know it and got lost.She said she did it maybe 5 times in her career. Glad the X25 is gone. It was just retarded. I think we had 3 riders that trip.

But then again you answered your own question in your orignal post:

When I realized that he had continued down 5th in error and I went up to him and asked if he was detouring and he goes "Oh!! They told me to turn on 23rd [street and Broadway] and I don't do the X10!"

Like I said calm down...it's public transportaion. S**t happens.....the world isn't gonna come to an end because he missed a turn.

Via Garibaldi....Dude take a chill pill and stop being rude. DevilBus is a respected member (and a good source of info) for many on here. As someone who's driven and now dispatches he sees both sides of the coin on this, so show some repesct.

You wanted answers on why B/Os in SI are having problems with the runs....well 4 MTA B/Os explained it:

But then again you answered your own question in your orignal post:

Like I said calm down...it's public transportaion. S**t happens.....the world isn't gonna come to an end because he missed a turn.

I asked a question and responded to a question, simple as that. I may be new to the forum, but I'm not new to the system. I do have a clue of how some things work.

When I took M98 soon after (MTA) Service Cut, I help her because it was first time and I still remember M98 LTD bus stop isn't changed, except at 68th St.

There was Hispanic or maybe Spanish elderly lady who also boarded M98. This lady was very difficult to understand because looks like she also might have speaking disable soundlike.

Once bus hit Lex Av/86th St, she ask if she was going to 190th St. We tried to tell her she's on wrong bus, but she refuse to change, even with sign still says EAST MIDTOWN, lots of people try to get on first day.

At last stop, Lex Av/68th St, she miss her lunch swing because of refusing lady. I told her there's police station here.

She went to police station to report it and soon police came after she used restroom.

Why don't you do me a favor and just ignore my posts, because for some reason you keep replying when I'm not talking to you. Thank you.

You obviously are not listening to what anyone says, so you keep going on about your rants. Like I said stop crying to us and complain to the mta.

Archived