The Bus Battery Run Thread

Abba

Don't know if it would qualify as a skip or a Battery Run, but once on the BX12SBS, we went straight from Broadway/207th to University Ave because of lateness, bypassing 10th Ave, Sedgwick Ave, and that other street - er, I mean, Cedar Ave. lol. 10th Ave in particular was really crowded when it was skipped.

Mostly Crowded buses.

Today, after I caught late M60 at LaGuardia Airport's CTB this morning, and it got full at Central Terminal and passenger going to Terminal (A) area. It was crowded, so it made battery run all the way to Astoria Blvd (N) Station because there is no one getting off at stops.

I have been on battery run on uptown M15 SBS when there was no passenger getting off/on at 29th St, but this one is Weekend Only.

This was after (MTA) Bus Takeover.

I remember old QM22 bus schedule had last bus regular route via Mad Av at 10:00am last bus.

I caught it at 78th St/Ditmars Blvd area and I was only passenger on and other B/O got off somewhere along 21st St.

I also remember after coming from experience NYPL Retirement Party, I had took (Bx12)SBS to Pelham Bay Park and (BxM7A) also made few bus stop skips.

I also remember BxM2 B/O when there was accident blocking depot, this BxM2 only had five passenger. When we were on ex-Liberty Lines onBxM1, it showed up and when we changed to BxM2, BxM2 made battery run from 81st to 57th Sts (on my way to HSES Recycling Club)

Must have been that same day that the bus accidents happened in Queens and on Gun Hill Road.

Not really, I've done that route multiple times on different occasions. They do it because of abnormal traffic on the University Heights bridge connecting the Bronx to Manhattan at 207th St and Fordham Road.

I can safely say I got a battery run on the bus

While waiting for the M15 SBS in front of the depot (the stop no one really uses), the bus that the driver was supposed to have (1273) had a cracked window, so the dispatcher told him to go to the lot across the street and take another one. Since it was just me at the bus stop, he told me to come with him and he said I can choose which bus I wanted (my inner child popped out at that moment lol). I chose 1277 since it was sitting right there. He pulled the bus out the lot and he went non-stop down 2 Av all the way to 88 St (this is where the bus is at now as I type this)

Once I was coming home from West Farms and the Bx9 I caught ran nonstop from Tremont Av to E 180 St/Southern Blvd while the bus behind it ran local. Another time, I took the Bx28 eastbound to take the SAT at Truman HS and we did a battery run from the (5) station to the high school because nobody else would fit on the bus and everyone was going to the high school. I've never been on the SBS battery runs but I have seen them multiple times; whenever the buses bunch really badly (3-4 buses all at the SBS stop on 207) one would always run nonstop via Broadway/Kingsbridge as Melvin described. I take the (A) to the Bx7 and transfer at Isham regularly so I see that at least every one to two weeks.

While waiting for the M15 SBS in front of the depot (the stop no one really uses), the bus that the driver was supposed to have (1273) had a cracked window, so the dispatcher told him to go to the lot across the street and take another one. Since it was just me at the bus stop, he told me to come with him and he said I can choose which bus I wanted (my inner child popped out at that moment lol). I chose 1277 since it was sitting right there. He pulled the bus out the lot and he went non-stop down 2 Av all the way to 88 St (this is where the bus is at now as I type this)

If nobody uses it, why is the stop there?

On first day of M60 trip by 126th St Depot, one M60 I was on pickup passengers until 110th St, and when he turned right at 125th St, he change to NEXT BUS PLEASE (maybe supervisior radio him), because there was another M60s. When bus passed by 125th St/Amsterdam Av, because there was ahead M60 and he skip and discharge passengers only at Morningside Av and passenger that thought sign M60 run up to corner and try to paid on bus, even thought there was M60 ahead of him. B/O had to tell lie and he asked him politely to use ahead M60 that is picking up.

He overshoot bus stop only to discharge passenger and we exit like GoBus (Exit thru REAR DOOR)

Archived