Exam 5025: Just got hired? URGENT questions!!

Tommyboy911

Hello everyone!

My first post here on the forums!

I just received a notice in the mail on Saturday that I have to go on Monday Morning (12/27) to Livingston Ave! I'm very excited but have a few questions I need answered :/

It says I need a class B permit, but do they expect me to get it this week? I thought they told me all I needed was a Class-D license on the first day, but I dont know.

Also, they are asking for traffic violations on my record. I got a speeding ticket and redlight ticket about 5 yrs ago, do you think this will affect my employment process?

Thanks everyone, and hopefully I can share my journeys with the MTA with you guys!

Tommy

happy holidays to everyone and their families!

Hello everyone!

I just received a notice in the mail on Saturday that I have to go on Monday Morning (12/27) to Livingston Ave! I'm very excited but have a few questions I need answered :/

It says I need a class B permit, but do they expect me to get it this week? I thought they told me all I needed was a Class-D license on the first day, but I dont know.

Also, they are asking for traffic violations on my record. I got a speeding ticket and redlight ticket about 5 yrs ago, do you think this will affect my employment process?

Thanks everyone, and hopefully I can share my journeys with the MTA with you guys!

Tommy

Yes you need to have CDL B permit and MTA will train you if you hired. Who told you you need Class D license to drive a bus?

David:cool:

You are walking a fine line there buddy, by the way all DMV offices are open on Friday DEC 24th. I replied to your PM.

You have 3 days to get your CDL B Permit.

I thought they were don with the hiring, maybe this is for the next round of hiring? What list number range are they up to on the 5025?

You will definitely need that class b cdl permit with air brakes and passenger endorsements. If you cant get a physical done you will have an A3 restriction but they will accept it. BUT..you will need that A3 removed otherwise you can't drive the express route that goes through N.J.

As for tickets, can't have more than 4 points in the past 3 years and. They don't care about defensive driver courses.

Good luck.

Sorry for getting back to you questions so late. All the info here is correct. What i did when take the test for my CDL permit was. I had passed 2 out of the 3 requirements but the DMV won't let you retake the same test at that site so i went to another DMV and took the part i need and knocked everything out in one day. Remember that test is up till 12 o'clock for most places and some don't even offer CDL test at other so check the web site. http://www.nydmv.state.ny.us/offices.htm

here is what needed for the MTA

http://nysdmv.com/broch/cdl/cdl10sec01.pdf

http://nysdmv.com/broch/cdl/cdl10sec02.pdf

http://nysdmv.com/broch/cdl/cdl10sec03.pdf

http://nysdmv.com/broch/cdl/cdl10sec04.pdf

http://nysdmv.com/broch/cdl/cdl10sec05.pdf

http://nysdmv.com/broch/cdl/cdl10sec11-13.pdf

Good Luck, a Job like this should not be passed up.

thanks everyone!

I am going to the DMV this morning, will keep you all updated.

I was number 4,000 something on the list of the 5025. I didnt think I even had a remote chance, I got like a 78 on the exam.

Air breaks looks the toughest of them all...well see what happens.

Will post an update later today, thank you again!

Tom

If this guy guy a 78 then there is still a few hundred to go on the 5025. The 5025 list is set to expire on Oct 31st,2011.

The list was established back in 2007, would and should have been finished by now if not for a few long "hiring freezes."

There is hope for guys like Igor and Massproduction who have

list numbers towards the end of the 8006. Your time will come, good things come to those who wait. Stay the course and don't let anybody try to bring you down.

WOW! Thats phenomenal! Congratulations to you Tommy911, get your stuff together and get this great job! So that you can complain about it, but at least it'll be from the inside. Dam that list number was really down there. This gives me alot of hope of getting called up for Conductor one day. I'm looking very much forward to being in charge of a subway car, being responsible and making proper announcements that everyone can hear and understand on those terrible speakers installed subway trains, cant wait.

Well that's the closest I've seen to a 1:1 call up ratio lol, at this point it's a 4 out of 5 which is insane, at least to me. Makes me wonder, the MTA couldn't have possibly hired 4000+ people on 5025. I wonder how many people didn't get their stuff together, didn't live at the same address, didn't pass a drug test, couldn't or didn't get their class b CDL and etc....

I just think this is pretty darn awesome that alot of people that for almost good reason forgot about this and they are getting called up. Goes to show that as you said earlier, good things come for those who wait indeed,

Well that's the closest I've seen to a 1:1 call up ratio lol, at this point it's a 4 out of 5 which is insane, at least to me. Makes me wonder, the MTA couldn't have possibly hired 4000+ people on 5025. I wonder how many people didn't get their stuff together, didn't live at the same address, didn't pass a drug test, couldn't or didn't get their class b CDL and etc....

I just think this is pretty darn awesome that alot of people that for almost good reason forgot about this and they are getting called up. Goes to show that as you said earlier, good things come for those who wait indeed,

From what I have read on here, people get disqualified for different reasons.

Others decline the job offer for whatever reason.

So I don't know how many they have hired so far from the 5025 list. Ex, out of a class of 100 B/O's in a matter of weeks there could be just 30-40 people left after line training. Also seniority moves faster in the Bus division compared to other titles.

You got a 97 on the C/O exam right? I bet your list number would be under 50 if you got that score on either the 5025 or 8006 TA B/O exam.

Tommyboy911: I was reading some old threads on here and it turns out that you really don't need the CDL Permit for your 1st appointment which for you is next Monday.

This was from a guy who was from your list(5025) and was hired last year(Olegkha).

But the sooner you get it the better.

Just letting you know that in case you don't pass the 3 permit exams by Friday.

Hello everyone!

Tommy

Was today's scheduled pre orientation postponed because of the snow? if so when are you supposed to come down to 180 Livingston St?

Good Luck :) , where did you go to find the job to drive a bus ? i always go on mta.info and it doesnt show bus operator jobs open .

Dude, you asked this question before. You have to take an exam, the last one was on April/08. The 5025 list which is going on now was on April/06.

They postponed the MTA Bus B/O exam last year.

Dude, you asked this question before. You have to take an exam, the last one was on April/08. The 5025 list which is going on now was on April/06.

They postponed the MTA Bus B/O exam last year.

Ok Thank you and im asking this because some say go on mta.info and when i do i dont see it then they tell me you have to go to the building downtown or somethign & then they say you have to look in the chiefsnewspaper and find it so i posted this up to see who knows .

Ok Thank you and im asking this because some say go on mta.info and when i do i dont see it then they tell me you have to go to the building downtown or somethign & then they say you have to look in the chiefsnewspaper and find it so i posted this up to see who knows .

Cool, I know you have connections at Ulmer Park depot.

They will let you know when the next B/O exam is going to be on this forum.

But the last TA exam was in 2008, and I believe there are

2 or 3 Mabstoa lists out there now. I would think maybe the next B/O exam would be for MTA BUS. The last scheduled exam(3003) was "postponed." back in January,

http://www.mta.info/nyct/hr/compete.htm

2 or 3 Mabstoa lists out there now. I would think maybe the next B/O exam would be for MTA BUS. The last scheduled exam(3003) was "postponed." back in January,

http://www.mta.info/nyct/hr/compete.htm

Oh Okay thanks alot

2 or 3 Mabstoa lists out there now. I would think maybe the next B/O exam would be for MTA BUS. The last scheduled exam(3003) was "postponed." back in January, http://www.mta.info/nyct/hr/compete.htm

it feels like its BEEN postponed FOREVER.....wen will they open it?

is that the only test one has to take to qualify....or are there others?

Archived