R42 J madness to kick off 2010

Ftrainfan

This is hilarious.

If someone says "R160 > R42" or any other crappy train they're considered a foamer, yet when someone says "R42 > R160" everyone praises them.

And thats 2/3rds of the reason why I'm not too interested in railfanning anymore...too much stupid fights and shit over car types...at least when it comes to busfanning, everyone appreciates whats running.....

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is hilarious.

If someone says "R160 > R42" or any other crappy train they're considered a foamer, yet when someone says "R42 > R160" everyone praises them.

And a question to everyone who prefers the trains that are like 40 years old compared to the new ones, answer these questions:

Do you call people who like email foamers?

Do you call people who like cell phones instead of payphones foamers?

Do you call people who like 40 inch HD TVs instead of 10 inch black and white TVs foamers?

Do you call people who like new cars foamers?

The answer to the above are all no. The above show technology advancing and people adjusting to it. And if I were to add "Do you call people who like the new technologically advanced trains better than the old disgusting trains foamers?" you would see how it would fall into place there.

They are not foamers unless you go nuts everytime you see the train. If you go crazy when you see a R160 or R42 or anything your a foamer. ftrain goes nut when he gets an R160 especially on the (G) which makes him a foamer. If I went nuts over any train, that would make me a foamer. (which I'm not) I see what you mean. Its just a train. I got other hobbies

This is hilarious.

And a question to everyone who prefers the trains that are like 40 years old compared to the new ones, answer these questions:

Do you call people who like email foamers?

Do you call people who like cell phones instead of payphones foamers?

Do you call people who like 40 inch HD TVs instead of 10 inch black and white TVs foamers?

Do you call people who like new cars foamers?

The answer to the above are all no. The above show technology advancing and people adjusting to it. And if I were to add "Do you call people who like the new technologically advanced trains better than the old disgusting trains foamers?" you would see how it would fall into place there.

That's what I say. Everyone can have their preference. Who cares what they like and don't like? It's when it causes issues like this that it becomes an issue.

Only because everyone's criticizing the OP for saying how R160s are better than these 40+ year old trains that (J)(Z) riders have to suffer from daily.

Pretty much, its the one thing I hate about railfanners these days, one can hate on anything thats old and everyone would hound and gang up on one another, same goes for if one likes anything thats new....I dont see why it has to be that way, its really immature....

Only because everyone's criticizing the OP for saying how R160s are better (which they are) than these 40+ year old trains that (J)(Z) riders have to suffer from daily.

This is exactly how that R68A (Q) thread when to shyt. Now this is about a R42/160....O boy.

When will people stop going crazy over a car type. I rather buses now, trains people just get too serious over it and its not even funny.

When a train comes if you like snap a pic and move on.....

Pretty much, its the one thing I hate about railfanners these days, one can hate on anything thats old and everyone would hound and gang up on one another, same goes for if one likes anything thats new....

That's because current-day railfanning is not about the trains, it's about bullshit and drama.

This is exactly how that R68A (Q) thread when to shyt. Now this is about a R42/160....O boy.

When will people stop going crazy over a car type. I rather buses now, trains people just get too serious over it and its not even funny.

When a train comes if you like snap a pic and move on.....

I'm with you on that one...

That's because current-day railfanning is not about the trains, it's about bullshit and drama.

Ya damn skippy it is...

Pretty much, its the one thing I hate about railfanners these days, one can hate on anything thats old and everyone would hound and gang up on one another, same goes for if one likes anything thats new....I dont see why it has to be that way, its really immature....

Exactly, and thats why I dont attend those silly foamer trips. When I rf I go alone so Im not in a train full of foamers talking about a train in front of hot chicks. When I rf/busfan im chick hunting. When Im working im chick hunting.

I worry about people who have nothing better to do than take pictures in the subway all day. The subway should just be used to get you to where you need to go, but these grown up men think that it's cool to be like "OMG I SEE AN R46 ON THE (C) LINE!!1!!1!!" and take out a camera and start frantically shooting pictures. And some of these grown up men who stand at the front of a train with a video camera recording. I haven't looked out the front window, or even thought of doing so, since I was like 5 years old.

And now there's people who snap pictures of buses everywhere they are. What's next, cab fanning?

I worry about people who have nothing better to do than take pictures in the subway all day. The subway should just be used to get you to where you need to go, but these grown up men think that it's cool to be like "OMG I SEE AN R46 ON THE (C) LINE!!1!!1!!" and take out a camera and start frantically shooting pictures. And some of these grown up men who stand at the front of a train with a video camera recording. I haven't looked out the front window, or even thought of doing so, since I was like 5 years old.

And now there's people who snap pictures of buses everywhere they are. What's next, cab fanning?

You are an ASS.

Exactly, and thats why I dont attend those silly foamer trips. When I rf I go alone so Im not in a train full of foamers talking about a train in front of hot chicks. When I rf/busfan im chick hunting. When Im working im chick hunting.

Do chicks get turned on by a guy taking tons of pictures of trains? What's your pick up line? "You turn me on more than an R142A train signed in as a <7> on the (Q) line." Or what about "You smell as new as an R160 but make me foam as much as an R32."

What the bloody f**kin' hell is wrong with you? And if you don't like TRANSIT, why are you on a TRANSIT forum?

Do chicks get turned on by a guy taking tons of pictures of trains? What's your pick up line? "You turn me on more than an R142A train signed in as a <7> on the (Q) line." Or what about "You smell as new as an R160 but make me foam as much as an R32."

Wow....Dont make me do it.....

What the bloody f**kin' hell is wrong with you? And if you don't like TRANSIT, why are you on a TRANSIT forum?

Who ever said I don't like transit? I LOVE transit. I rely on it to take me where I need to go as fast as possible. I don't stop every minute to take a picture. I don't memorize which car numbers are on which lines and what yards they come from.

1: you are the biggest ass on this forum.

2: you are a subway nerd

3: you wouldnt know pussy if it came at you and said hi

4: you are the biggest ass on this forum

Who ever said I don't like transit? I LOVE transit. I rely on it to take me where I need to go as fast as possible. I don't stop every minute to take a picture. I don't memorize which car numbers are on which lines and what yards they come from.

You just made the generalization that all transit photographers are frickin' idiots. I don't get what's wrong with taking photos. Yeah, my first reply may have been harsh, but you have to look at things from the other side and see how you just came off.

You just made the generalization that all transit photographers are frickin' idiots. I don't get what's wrong with taking photos. Yeah, my first reply may have been harsh, but you have to look at things from the other side and see how you just came off.

Exactly. There is a big diff between photographers and foamers.

Ones who spend their whole days doing it need to really find something else. If I saw someone on the train taking a picture every minute I would think they were a tourist, which I can understand. But if it's clear that they're not one I just think that they're some creep/nerd. If you actually have a destination that you're going to and want to take a few pictures here and there that's okay but really? Read a book, grab a newspaper, or just sit like a regular person.

Archived