R42 J madness to kick off 2010

Ftrainfan

Oh and don't even get me started on the people who DREAM about working for the MTA. Why would anyone dream of having a city job that starts with like 50k a year and you drive a train all day? That sounds like one boring job that doesn't require a college degree. Seriously, they need to grow up and try to get a job that will make actual money.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh and don't even get me started on the people who DREAM about working for the MTA. Why would anyone dream of having a city job that starts with like 50k a year and you drive a train all day? That sounds like one boring job that doesn't require a college degree. Seriously, they need to grow up and try to get a job that will make actual money.

This isnt the time or the place.

I want to work as a T/O. Sure you may not make much but I'd rather operate trains than work in an office doing paperwork and such making big bucks. Money isn't everything

Ok like seriously who the f*ck are you to tell someone where they want to work? If that's their dream job then let it rip.

You've gone from making racial profiling remarks on (C) riders to insulting those who move our city? Just do yourself a favor and get off before you make yourself look like an idiot on the forums.

Exactly, and thats why I dont attend those silly foamer trips. When I rf I go alone so Im not in a train full of foamers talking about a train in front of hot chicks. When I rf/busfan im chick hunting. When Im working im chick hunting.

You are the man!!! :tup:

Ones who spend their whole days doing it need to really find something else. If I saw someone on the train taking a picture every minute I would think they were a tourist, which I can understand. But if it's clear that they're not one I just think that they're some creep/nerd. If you actually have a destination that you're going to and want to take a few pictures here and there that's okay but really? Read a book, grab a newspaper, or just sit like a regular person.

Look here, why can't people do what they want to do without criticism?

Ok like seriously who the f*ck are you to tell someone where they want to work? If that's their dream job then let it rip.

You've gone from making racial profiling remarks on (C) riders to insulting those who move our city? Just do yourself a favor and get off before you make yourself look like an idiot on the forums.

I said I didn't feel safe taking out my expensive smart phone on the (C) train. You make the conclusion I'm racist because black people ride the (C) train. Besides for the (7) with all the asians name one other train that doesn't have blacks on them. And NO that is not what I intended. I meant I didn't want to have it stolen on the subway.

And thats 2/3rds of the reason why I'm not too interested in railfanning anymore...too much stupid fights and shit over car types...at least when it comes to busfanning, everyone appreciates whats running.....

Truth.

That plus the system has become very boring as nearly every line has an R160. What's the point? Unless there are areas you never covered, you aren't going to get any new/different shots as the NTTs have taken over the system and made everything bland.

Exactly, and thats why I dont attend those silly foamer trips. When I rf I go alone so Im not in a train full of foamers talking about a train in front of hot chicks. When I rf/busfan im chick hunting. When Im working im chick hunting.

lol, truth. But nowadays I take the train just to get to point b. I don't really care much about fanning anymore. The holiday train is nice, but it's the same route the past 6 years. I don't want to ride the same trains with foamers that rides it year after year. There's more to life than trains.

I worry about people who have nothing better to do than take pictures in the subway all day. The subway should just be used to get you to where you need to go, but these grown up men think that it's cool to be like "OMG I SEE AN R46 ON THE (C) LINE!!1!!1!!" and take out a camera and start frantically shooting pictures. And some of these grown up men who stand at the front of a train with a video camera recording. I haven't looked out the front window, or even thought of doing so, since I was like 5 years old.

And now there's people who snap pictures of buses everywhere they are. What's next, cab fanning?

Really dude? Seriously? And to think I thought you were a cool dude. You sound like a damn hypocrite right now, why would you join a forum thats full of transit hobbyists only to bash on them? And then you're going to bash on employees who are also a part of this forum? I think some intelligence was lost on your part. If there's people out there including myself who enjoy the hobby in anyway whatsoever, then let them be, there's some who takes it more seriously than others (lol).

Plus you sound pretty stupid right now, maybe people are taking pictures of whats running on whatever line for historical purposes, whether its a line, or a type of fleet thats running on that line.

And so what if there are grown men or lil kids with cameras at the front window? They may be tourists or rail enthusiasts. If they like it, they do it, if you dont like it, then keep the shit to yourself.

As for the buses, people take pictures of them for the same reasons why they would take pictures of the train, they enjoy them, they use them for historical purposes and so-on, its no different. I for one am a rail & busfan and you are really digging yourself into a grave right about now by insulting the enthusiasts, the employees and those who want to become an employee for NYC transit. I am proud to be a rail and a busfan and I'm also glad to be able to get paid for fanning around the city, 2010 alone, I've made a lot of $$ off of what I've been doing, close to six figures....

Cab fanning? LOL I have an idea with a cab...fuel the bitch up, put it on drive, make it go over 70mph, light the damn thing on fire, jump out of the cab and hope it goes straight up your candy a**..........

I said I didn't feel safe taking out my expensive smart phone on the (C) train. You make the conclusion I'm racist because black people ride the (C) train. Besides for the (7) with all the asians name one other train that doesn't have blacks on them. And NO that is not what I intended. I meant I didn't want to have it stolen on the subway.

You're full of lies.

You made the accusation that (C) riders are out to steal your precious iPhone/BlackBerry. Guess what?! I take my iTouch out all the time and I NEVER had problems with anyone. You're just acting like a stuck-up bigot.

And so what if someone's dream is to be a T/O? Who are you to tell someone who they can and can't be?

My conclusion is that you're really insecure about yourself. Seek help.

I want to work as a T/O. Sure you may not make much but I'd rather operate trains than work in an office doing paperwork and such making big bucks. Money isn't everything

Agreed. Its about doing what you love. Why spend so much of your life doing something that makes you miserable?

Cab fanning? LOL I have an idea with a cab...fuel the bitch up, put it on drive, make it go over 70mph, light the damn thing on fire, jump out of the cab and hope it goes straight up your candy a**..........

When it goes up his rear end, it won't be a candy a** anymore, it'll be a frickin' candy crater B)

Wow. After reading this whole thread I have one thing to say.

Railfanning has became to the point where its not fun anymore because of.

1. People talking worthless bullshit

2. People acting like certain things in the subway is the end of the world.

3. Flame wars and worthless fight.

As For Cait Sith, 553 Bridgeton and Leroy and rr4567 I have to agree with you 4 completely. You guys are liked the 4 people in my opinion who said things that made sense and smart posts.

But guys I'm going to say this once.

Grow Up. This is not preschool:mad:

Wow. After reading this whole thread I have one thing to say.

Railfanning has became to the point where its not fun anymore because of.

1. People talking worthless bullshit

2. People acting like certain things in the subway is the end of the world.

3. Flame wars and worthless fight.

As For Cait Sith, 553 Bridgeton and Leroy and rr4567 I have to agree with you 4 completely. You guys are liked the 4 people in my opinion who said things that made sense and smart posts.

But guys I'm going to say this once.

Grow Up. This is not preschool:mad:

Thank You!

Archived