R42 J madness to kick off 2010

Ftrainfan

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess I don't have to catch up on All My Children tonight....its more drama on here than there....jeez its not that serious. Grow up already....been off this board for one year and comeback to the same shit "I hate this and I hate that", "this train pwns this train". If you don't like the subway system...then don't ride it nor fan it.....either deal with it or stay in your house and look @ the 4 walls!

They were good when they were in the golden years, I hope that rumor I heard happens, They need to f(&*king go already they are done.

What rumor, that they would be replaced by R32s when several R44 B cars are rebuilt into R46 B cars and added in the 12 R46 AA sets? Because that's something I heard. But then again, I hear alot of things.

It would make sense since the R42's they gotta paint that roof n stuff.The R32 is pure stainless steel so it would be better off since the (C) doesn't run all of its cars.Those 42's gotta go!:eek:

http://www.nycsubway.org/perl/show?35765

Paint on the roof means NOTHING. It's all about how the various components of the car are functioning, a rusty roof only means one thing, it should get some paint.

Conceeded Douchebag...

That's what I tried to say in a nice way B)

Can't say "sweet catch" - The R42's have been on the J for a long time.

Can't say "nice pics" - they're blurry. What can be said, though, is "Good attempt".

I worry about people who have nothing better to do than take pictures in the subway all day. The subway should just be used to get you to where you need to go, but these grown up men think that it's cool to be like "OMG I SEE AN R46 ON THE (C) LINE!!1!!1!!" and take out a camera and start frantically shooting pictures. And some of these grown up men who stand at the front of a train with a video camera recording. I haven't looked out the front window, or even thought of doing so, since I was like 5 years old.

And now there's people who snap pictures of buses everywhere they are. What's next, cab fanning?

Railfanning is a hobby. I don't do this for a living. I have other hobbies like softball and exercising. I'm not the type of person to wake up at 3 AM just to be the first person to ride a new subway line.

Truth.

That plus the system has become very boring as nearly every line has an R160. What's the point? Unless there are areas you never covered, you aren't going to get any new/different shots as the NTTs have taken over the system and made everything bland.

lol, truth. But nowadays I take the train just to get to point b. I don't really care much about fanning anymore. The holiday train is nice, but it's the same route the past 6 years. I don't want to ride the same trains with foamers that rides it year after year. There's more to life than trains.

Most of my recent railfan trips were commuter railroads or subway systems in other cities. The last time I went on a NYC subway railfanning trip was when the new (M) line debuted. This year, I'm only doing three fan trips-Silverliner V (Philadelphia), M8 (Metro-North), and Boston. I might do a Staten Island express bus trip. I'm done fanning the NYC subway.

Lets just put it this way....if you fight over anything that has to do with rail/bus fanning, then you need to be 12-9'd. CASE CLOSED.

It nearly came to that point at Subchat. I really enjoyed posting at Subchat, but this troublemaker named Brian Weinberg (Terrapin Station) deliberately instigated flame wars. He has a clique of sycophants who protect him (Oren/Wmatagmoach, Will D, Spider-Pig). Subchat is full of members who make positive contributions, but Weinberg has the compulsive need to crap on every thread. For 5 years, I was harassed by Weinberg until I finally snapped. I called him an antisemetic remark. I don't regret my actions. Once, I saw that little weasel on a fan trip and he quickly walked away from me. I permanently left Subchat in October. As much as I like trains, it wasn't worth the stress.

Great catch, but in my opinion, the R32s suck, they are garbage.

Fixed

Gorgor:

Besides for the (7) with all the Asians name one other train that doesn't have blacks on them.

Gorgor you are one racist, and ignorant bastard. First you start by bashing black people. You are also making mentions that only Asian people ride the (7) which isn't true. Third I am Asian, and I do ride other subway lines besides the (7), and how do you know that black people don't ride the (7). You are just ignorant, racist, and xenophobic. Also for you to know I am Asian, you are insulting my people, you are insulting my black friends, and for you to know the line that I live by isn't the (7). It's the (D) by the West End Line.

Gorgor you are one racist, and ignorant bastard. First you start by bashing black people. You are also making mentions that only Asian people ride the (7) which isn't true. Third I am Asian, and I do ride other subway lines besides the (7), and how do you know that black people don't ride the (7). You are just ignorant, racist, and xenophobic. Also for you to know I am Asian, you are insulting my people, you are insulting my black friends, and for you to know the line that I live by isn't the (7). It's the (D) by the West End Line.

Dont even worry about it, because people like him dont even make it far in life. His ways will catch up to him sooner or later.

And another other note, I have family that are black that live around Jackson Heights, near the (7).

I know, but him insulting T/O's that's horrible. I have a teacher that I know as a friend that had an uncle that operated the 42nd Street (S) for years till he retired, and just making fun, or saying nasty comments about them is wrong. He has family members that worked for the (MTA) for years. It's rude to not just me, but my fellow friends out of this forum too.

asian_facepalm.jpg

lol, stop, you're just messin' with us... right?

Nope, but it's an idea I heard being tossed around. I think it would be cool to see this done and it would probably mean that there would be some more obsolete R44 grids laying around which would be great for some cars I like to work on.

What rumor, that they would be replaced by R32s when several R44 B cars are rebuilt into R46 B cars and added in the 12 R46 AA sets? Because that's something I heard. But then again, I hear alot of things.

Well after that, can we take the ARR ONE SIXTEES and convert them into A division cars? (6) trains with FINDS!!! OH YAEH! :(

(foampost and misspell intentional.)

Do chicks get turned on by a guy taking tons of pictures of trains? What's your pick up line? "You turn me on more than an R142A train signed in as a <7> on the (Q) line." Or what about "You smell as new as an R160 but make me foam as much as an R160

Smell as new as an R160? They smell really bad on the inside, especially the (Q).

R142A signed up as <7> on the (Q)?

If you're gonna make jokes, at least make them make sense.

Gorgor some of your posts are stupid, and they are also ignorant. Your reply to my post proves it. Your ignorance won't get you anywhere in life. By calling people fat like in the former R68A (Q) thread, by calling me stupid, by calling black people criminals, and by calling T/O's stupid, and poor just proves my point even more. Just because T/O's aren't paid as much as a white collar worker doesn't mean their job is poor, and even if they didn't get a college education it doesn't make them stupid. I know people that don't want to go to college, because they don't want to.

Anyway if you looked at my post on top I know a teacher that has an uncle that worked as a T/O before he retired. He used to operate the 42nd Street (S). So if you make fun of T/O's you are making fun of one of my friends, and my teachers family members, and not just that he still has family members that work for the (MTA), and they are not stupid.

PS I do have African American, and dark skinned Caribbean friends, and none of them are criminals, or gangsters.

Archived