1/07/2011 Winter Storm Subway Changes

Guest Lance

Guest lance25

Let's try to keep all the service changes in one thread. With that said, here's the first:

Posted: 01/06/2011 8:52PM

MTA Service Notice

Due to a winter storm watch, (:) train service has been suspended in both directions from the Brighton Beach Station to the Bedford Park Boulevard Station at this time.

Wow, they're not playing this time...even though the snow isn't supposed to start until tomorrow at around 11AM.

I could just imagine the R68/A's hiding from the snow. But after the last snowstorm the (MTA) is not going to go through that again

-(A) Stuck In rockaways 6 Hours

-(N) Stuck on Sea Beach 11 hours

-(M) Stuck on Myrtle Av line 9 hours (but almost no one was on it so it didnt make big news).

WITH PEOPLE IN IT? OMG**Chin hits Floor**(speechless)... :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

There were at least a car or two at station platforms, where the train could be safely evacuated. It was the crew and the train itself, that were buried in the snow.

The (N) was stuck on the Sea Beach for over 35 hours.

That's crazier than what's been happening on this forum since the new year.

That's seriously crazy though...35 hours??? Damn, and people thought 6 hours on the (A) was too much....lol

What exactly is protocol for this kind of situation? For example, is there a snow total limit that requires the MTA to make certain operating decisions? Something similar to what the schools do: if it snows 6 inches or more by 7 AM, schools are closed.

That's crazier than what's been happening on this forum since the new year.

That's seriously crazy though...35 hours??? Damn, and people thought 6 hours on the (A) was too much....lol

But there is a difference though.The people on the (A) could not leave vs the (N) where they did have the option.

Guest lance25

The (B) was suspended from whatever time I quoted in my first post to the end of the night. I guess someone realized that this was an overreaction and ran the line today despite the snow.

Archived