Bee-Line Contract Status?

Amtrak7

Wirelessly posted via (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.259 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Did this happen before and thats why there are ex bee-line Orion V's on the (Q72) now?

We brought those 85 buses from them...seems like a bad business choice though

Wirelessly posted via (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.259 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Not really because when the MTA brought those buses, they were in the BEST shape of their lives. Bee-Line took care of those buses. Once they came ton Baisley Park and LaGuardia...that was it! They look like crap. Oddly enough, two of those buses are now scrapped (#119-120), which came from...UGH! LaGuardia.

Only because you know better than to buy a thirteen year old bus and to drive it in conditions much rougher than said bus was ever used too.

Not really because when the MTA brought those buses, they were in the BEST shape of their lives. Bee-Line took care of those buses. Once they came ton Baisley Park and LaGuardia...that was it! They look like crap. Oddly enough, two of those buses are now scrapped (#119-120), which came from...UGH! LaGuardia.

They WERE in the best shape of their lives...until thry came to the city, where they were used a whole lot more then back when they were at Bee Line so naturally they're gonna drop like flies. I'm suprised 138 is still around since that one blew an engine and 2 transmissions

Only because you know better than to buy a thirteen year old bus and to drive it in conditions much rougher than said bus was ever used too.

That's true. I doubt they can last 5 years like they said they was brought for. Most of them barely have 2 years left in them

They WERE in the best shape of their lives...until thry came to the city, where they were used a whole lot more then back when they were at Bee Line so naturally they're gonna drop like flies. I'm suprised 138 is still around since that one blew an engine and 2 transmissions

That's true. I doubt they can last 5 years like they said they was brought for. Most of them barely have 2 years left in them

It's all about maintenance. No maintenance.....no bus !

And the sad thing is that before LGA and Baisley Park got their grimey hands on them, these were the best Orion 5s this city has ever seen (yes I said it. The MTA treats their OVs like crap).

I would expect LGA would have the anti-midas touch (everything they touch turns to crap), but Baisley Park? When it was Jamaica Buses along with Command, they were two of the good Cooper 4. I would expect JFK and Far Rockaway (former Green Bus Lines), to have the LGA touch. Surprisingly, I see the Q35 running with their buses hauling a$$ down Flatbush, with no problems........

From what i heard, this contract has nothing to do with the (MTA) taking over BEE-LINE. Westchester owns Bee-Line not the (MTA). This contract has to deal with fares.

BTW Why is this under MTA Bus, this isn't (MTA) this is Bee-Line should be under Regional.

Archived