Bus Stops Trapped By Snow

Locomotion69

yep...

I had to explain to 3 police officers as to why I was standing in the middle of 5th av b/w E. 30th & E. 31st last night... I was waiting for one of the BM buses....

Worse, where the actual bus stop/pole is (it's on the corner of 30th), there was an elongated puddle of water... so I had to walk, mid block just to stand & wait for the thing....

about 5 mins after the police drove off (IINM, they came out the dunkin donuts), a lady ran right behind me, as the BM3 was waiting at the traffic light @ 31st...

I wasn't flippant at all, they (the police) saw the 3 foot high pile of snow around the bus stop... one of them laughed & said, "don't get ran over out here kid" (and something else towards the end of the statement I didn't hear clearly)...

Most cases, I'm willing to barrel through a foot of snow to cross the street... anything about higher than knee level, forget about it...

yep...

I had to explain to 3 police officers as to why I was standing in the middle of 5th av b/w E. 30th & E. 31st last night... I was waiting for one of the BM buses....

Worse, where the actual bus stop/pole is (it's on the corner of 30th), there was an elongated puddle of water... so I had to walk, mid block just to stand & wait for the thing....

about 5 mins after the police drove off (IINM, they came out the dunkin donuts), a lady ran right behind me, as the BM3 was waiting at the traffic light @ 31st...

I wasn't flippant at all, they (the police) saw the 3 foot high pile of snow around the bus stop... one of them laughed & said, "don't get ran over out here kid" (and something else towards the end of the statement I didn't hear clearly)...

Most cases, I'm willing to barrel through a foot of snow to cross the street... anything about higher than knee level, forget about it...

Cops and Dunkin Donuts = Fail. I mean seriously, I hate cops. i had to go off on a NJTPD who came on my bus about 3 months ago, mind the fact he zoomed over from Dunkin Donuts to come my bus to ask how many passengers are on the bus and then told me to flip my name plate around so my name shows. I told him to go **** himself and get a life, and he says "im going to report you" and then I said "go head then ill say you was sleeping in dunkin donuts with a newspaper in your ass" :cool:

Back on topic if I were you B35 lol I would have threw a snowball at them and ran lmfao. :confused:

Yikes. Not to get off topic but those snow drifts on Queens Blvd is scary. I never seen so much snow in NYC in my life.

This company should be sued and lose this contract. If a bus rider slips falls and gets hurt or worse guess who on the hook to pay in a lawsuit. Probably use the taxpayer.:mad::tdown:

yep...

31.jpg

Only a few essential stops out here are plowed. Even the stupid rich in Garden City have the courtesy to plow their bus shelters.

Only a few essential stops out here are plowed. Even the stupid rich in Garden City have the courtesy to plow their bus shelters.

Most of the bus shelters out where I am are single-person affairs, only a couple are shoveled out. Thanks to whoever put the schedule in a plastic sheet protector on the bus shelter wall or on a light pole at other stops, though.

Tonight, I tried out Q101 from 2nd Av-61st St and when I got off at Steinway St/25th Av, I couldn't cross over b/c of snow was still high pile, so I had to walk dangerously, looking behind.

When I was crossing Steinway St on green light, I had to hold onto one of car, not to get slip.

Cops and Dunkin Donuts = Fail. I mean seriously, I hate cops. i had to go off on a NJTPD who came on my bus about 3 months ago, mind the fact he zoomed over from Dunkin Donuts to come my bus to ask how many passengers are on the bus and then told me to flip my name plate around so my name shows. I told him to go **** himself and get a life, and he says "im going to report you" and then I said "go head then ill say you was sleeping in dunkin donuts with a newspaper in your ass" :cool:

Back on topic if I were you B35 lol I would have threw a snowball at them and ran lmfao. :confused:

I had the pleasure of throwing a state trooper off of the ice when I worked at our local hockey rink as a skate guard in college. I told everyone on the ice that there was no horseplaying. Of course the trooper continued to horseplay with his son and I told him he had to leave the ice rink immediately. He goes "But, I'm a trooper!!?!?" as if I was supposed to care. lol

Archived