Favorite elevator manufacturer?

ABQ RIDE

I am pretty sure there are some elevator fans here, so I decided to make a thread about them: Who is your favorite elevator manufacturer?

My personal favorite is KONE. The EcoSpace MRL traction elevator is such a great product for low-rise buildings in that it uses 1/3 as much energy as hydraulic elevators and uses no oil.

I wonder why competing low-rise MRL solutions haven't been nearly as successful as the KONE EcoSpace. In particular, ThyssenKrupp Synergy MRL elevators are very rare in comparison.

The Otis Elevator company. Originally created by Otis himself. He built the worlds first safety elevator. Before him, and his elevators people couldn't build tall buildings, and those that were tall, and came with elevators were often unsafe, or considered unsafe by people.

Unitec (from Otis). Before I was a railfanner, I was an elevator fanner :(. Where do you think I got the name "4P3607" from?

4 = Queens

P = Passenger

3607 = elevator number.

for example, 1P5727 would mean:

1 = Manhattan

P = Passenger

5727 = Elevator number.

I still know some things about elevators. I remember I was in the first ride of the New Installment of the elevators of LeFrak City. The building I was in, which is the first building on LeFrak (London), got the first new elevator. It was put in service of the afternoon of August 7, 2008.

I was on the first ride of that elevator (#4P3607), going from the Lobby to the 18th Top Floor. It was faster than the other elevators (made by "freedom" co).

4P3608 was finished on October 29, 2008 (Right on my Birthday). 4P3609 started construction on November 4, 2008 (Election date for the president), and was finished on January 20, 2009 (when The President was put in office).

I think all of the elevators in the LeFrak City Complex are complete. I remember I got stuck in 4P3607 for 2 hours on the 2nd day, got stuck on the 7th floor and there were 3 other people :cry:. I also had to use the bathroom ;). Luckily they fixed the glitch right after (its run by computers, the older elevators were run by a switch machine :confused:).

I still have the button panel to the old 4P3611, which belonged in the LaFrance Building. I also have the Elevator Request Button panel as well from the 14th floor of that building.

I find it odd how 4P3608 is slower than the other two, and 4P3609 is the fastest. On weekends during the summer to save energy, they put one elevator out of service.

Also another fact: 4P3607 (car 1) has a higher ceiling than 4P3608 & 9. This is for moving things, the older elevators did not have this feature.

So yes, I have a history of being an elevator fanner. I actually still have (which I outgrew) the Unitec work uniform, shirt & hard hat & goggles.

Unitec (from Otis). Before I was a railfanner, I was an elevator fanner

those exist? I'd hate to be an elevator fanner, sometimes the (C) comes faster than an elevator I'm waiting for.

And what's next? Escalator fanning?:confused:

Unitec (from Otis). Before I was a railfanner, I was an elevator fanner :o. Where do you think I got the name "4P3607" from?

4 = Queens

P = Passenger

3607 = elevator number.

for example, 1P5727 would mean:

1 = Manhattan

P = Passenger

5727 = Elevator number.

I still know some things about elevators. I remember I was in the first ride of the New Installment of the elevators of LeFrak City. The building I was in, which is the first building on LeFrak (London), got the first new elevator. It was put in service of the afternoon of August 7, 2008.

I was on the first ride of that elevator (#4P3607), going from the Lobby to the 18th Top Floor. It was faster than the other elevators (made by "freedom" co).

4P3608 was finished on October 29, 2008 (Right on my Birthday). 4P3609 started construction on November 4, 2008 (Election date for the president), and was finished on January 20, 2009 (when The President was put in office).

I think all of the elevators in the LeFrak City Complex are complete. I remember I got stuck in 4P3607 for 2 hours on the 2nd day, got stuck on the 7th floor and there were 3 other people :cry:. I also had to use the bathroom ;). Luckily they fixed the glitch right after (its run by computers, the older elevators were run by a switch machine :confused:).

I still have the button panel to the old 4P3611, which belonged in the LaFrance Building. I also have the Elevator Request Button panel as well from the 14th floor of that building.

I find it odd how 4P3608 is slower than the other two, and 4P3609 is the fastest. On weekends during the summer to save energy, they put one elevator out of service.

Also another fact: 4P3607 (car 1) has a higher ceiling than 4P3608 & 9. This is for moving things, the older elevators did not have this feature.

So yes, I have a history of being an elevator fanner. I actually still have (which I outgrew) the Unitec work uniform, shirt & hard hat & goggles.

Interesting never knew how those codes worked...

Otis all the way!!! but check this one out from Mitsubishi Electric...

spiral-escalators-50645.jpg

That looks like an escalator to me sir...

those exist? I'd hate to be an elevator fanner, sometimes the (C) comes faster than an elevator I'm waiting for.

And what's next? Escalator fanning?:confused:

well not actually "fanning", but I knew alot about the elevators and checked up on them alot to see what was being replaced & all ;).

Archived