"S" route sign

jeffmorris

The NYCTA use colored circles with white letters and numbers on black background. Since the "S" route sign is supposed to be black circle with white "S", how is the black circle displayed on the black background? I found this website at http://www.nycsubway.org/faq/subway-markers.html but about the Rockaway Park Shuttle, is the route letter "H" or "S"?

1) The (S) is displayed in a greyish-black circle (its considered black, but it looks grey on signs).

2) the Rockaway Park Shuttle use to use (H). Now "H" is used as an internal destination...

It then used this (since the smilie is not available):

S8Av.png

on maps, not on the train signs.

Currently today, it uses (S) on both maps and trains.

I hope that should help :tup:

Late at night, some routes become shuttles but keep their route letters instead of "S".

"A" from Euclid Avenue to Lefferts Blvd

"M" from Metropolitan Avenue to Myrtle Avenue

"R" from 95th Street to 36th Street

"5" from Dyre Avenue to East 180th Street

I know that "Q" replaced "W" and "M" replaced "V" a few months ago. I was surprised to find out that the new "M" route was similar to the "K/KK" route after 1967. Was the "K/KK" route discontinued in 1976 due to budget cuts or low ridership?

Late at night, some routes become shuttles but keep their route letters instead of "S".

"A" from Euclid Avenue to Lefferts Blvd

"M" from Metropolitan Avenue to Myrtle Avenue

"R" from 95th Street to 36th Street

"5" from Dyre Avenue to East 180th Street

I know that "Q" replaced "W" and "M" replaced "V" a few months ago. I was surprised to find out that the new "M" route was similar to the "K/KK" route after 1967. Was the "K/KK" route discontinued in 1976 due to budget cuts or low ridership?

Actually, for the Lefferts shuttle, the trains display an "S" (usually the yellow S, most likely because it's closest from the (A) on the rollsign). Actually, the Lefferts shuttle is programmed into the R44/46 as an "S". Also when the Dyre Shuttle ran R62s the trains also displayed an "S".

@IND: Where's the pic of the blue (S)? That one is the scarcest seen.

Guest lance25
Was the "K/KK" route discontinued in 1976 due to budget cuts or low ridership?

Budget problems. When Chrystie St opened in 1968, the 70(K)70(K) ran from 57 St to Eastern Pkwy (now Broadway Junction) and extended to Jamaica-168 St during the rush hours in the peak direction, running skip-stop with the (QJ). In '73, the renamed 70(K) line was truncated to Eastern Pkwy and the (J) ran skip-stop with alternating trains. Finally in '76, the line was eliminated altogether.

All Lines Were Originally Supposed To Have An (S)

The 7th AVE Line Has A Red (S) But It Never Ran If You Take An R142 It Has That With The (9) And <Q> You Will Find It.

The Lexington Line Had The 70(SS) On The Bowling Green Shuttle.

The 7 Never Had One The 42nd St Shuttle Can Be Considered It

The (S) On The Rockaway Line At One Point Was The (H) And Was Extended To Euclid Avenue

The 6 Ave Line Has The (S6) Which Was The (S) Gray On Grand St But The (S6) Dosent Have To Be Considered A Shuttle Since It Ran Full Length

The (L) Never Had A Shuttle Because There Was Nowhere To Put It

(M) And (Mx) Were A Shuttle And Still Are On Weekends

The (R) During Late Nights Is Considered A Shuttle

The 70(8) Was A Shuttle Says The Mta

And The 70(SS) Was The Polo Ground Shuttle

The 7th AVE Line Has A Red (S) But It Never Ran If You Take An R142 It Has That With The (9) And <Q> You Will Find It.

And The 70(SS) Was The Polo Ground Shuttle

Okay, the train to look for (Which the strip map was replaced and it was actually a faded (S6)) was an R143.

I did once find a strip map with a <Z> and <5>. It was on an R142A, I have a video but never uploaded it :P.

and next time aahd please dont type with the first letter in each word as a capital! :eek:

also, What is the Polo Ground Shuttle? What the heck? :confused:

Archived