a little good news

cdi919

Well i was at 180 livingston st today and i saw many off the street people getting hired for b/o. I believe they were from 2 tests. One was test 502 something and the other was 800 something. I also talked to a s/a coming to c/r on a promotion. Plus i saw bus drivers that were called back from layoff for nyct and mabstoa. I spoke to a guy on a medical for t/o promotion and his number is 157. Hope this is good news for anyone.

You know the list number of the S/A going for condcutor promotion?

I did not ask because it does not affect me but at least it shows movement on the lists. I did see they are looking for lots of bus drivers. That room was full of people.

Why do most of the jobs they are hiring for lately always seem to be B/O? Does that job have a high turnover rate?

there is a lot of people retiring within the next 2-5 years. this is year 25 for a lot of b/o's so i guess they are waiting for the age.

there is a lot of people retiring within the next 2-5 years. this is year 25 for a lot of b/o's so i guess they are waiting for the age.

That is not true!

That would mean that 20-23 years ago there was a major hiring boom.

What makes this year or 1995 special ?

Nothing, its the same exact year as the others !

There are more B/O then any other positions?

There was hiring freeze for some time, so more classes must be held to catch up with the normal hiring rate?

What you guys think ?

Why do most of the jobs they are hiring for lately always seem to be B/O? Does that job have a high turnover rate?

Olegkha gave you the reasons why, as for the high turnover

rate, they fire more B/O's then all other titles combined,

this was posted on here from Jah a couple of years ago.

I also read on here from a B/O that seniority moves faster

with B/O's compared to other titles.

Hiring for B/O's is only going to continue for about another month.

nothing is impossible. B/O's are more "in the front lines" so to speak, compared to other titles.. So more chances of getting into trouble. i.e., one on one with passengers, dealing with city traffic, taxis, bicyclists, inclement weather, easier to catch one if they were on a cell phone, things of that nature. So that's why I would think you would have more B/O's losing their job over other titles.. But it all depends on the person doing the job, so I don't really know how true that may be.

WHat happens if a B/O gets into an accident? Can they kiss their job goodbye?

I would probabaly consider becoming a B/O if I was not on the conductor list. I actually don't find driving to eb that hard, though I have never driven anything nearly as big as a bus.

That is not true!

That would mean that 20-23 years ago there was a major hiring boom.

What makes this year or 1995 special ?

Nothing, its the same exact year as the others !

There are more B/O then any other positions?

There was hiring freeze for some time, so more classes must be held to catch up with the normal hiring rate?

What you guys think ?

Because of the 25/55 rules. So many people have the time, but not the age. As soon as they hit 55, they're out of Dodge. A lot, and I mean a lot, of T/O's and C/R's have been retiring on a weekly basis, because they're all hitting the age.

Because of the 25/55 rules. So many people have the time, but not the age. As soon as they hit 55, they're out of Dodge. A lot, and I mean a lot, of T/O's and C/R's have been retiring on a weekly basis, because they're all hitting the age.

I will believe that when i see what day i pick!

WHat happens if a B/O gets into an accident? Can they kiss their job goodbye?

I would probabaly consider becoming a B/O if I was not on the conductor list. I actually don't find driving to eb that hard, though I have never driven anything nearly as big as a bus.

I couldn't find Jah's post but it was a long time ago. He is a T/O but had relatives of his who were B/O's. The next NYCT B/O exam should be next year, it's the hardest O/C exam.

Look at how short the lists are (5025 exam-#,4,886)

(8006 exam-#3,758). Nobody gets a 100.

True, but with vet's prefence you have people scoring 100 and 105. I don't know what the easiest test is, but I would bet it is condcutor. The test was a joke. I have not taken a B/O exam so I can't comment on it.

true, but with vet's prefence you have people scoring 100 and 105. I don't know what the easiest test is, but i would bet it is condcutor. The test was a joke. I have not taken a b/o exam so i can't comment on it.
....such a joke? Why didn't you get 100? Was spelling preference or conductor correctly on the test?

I only got one question wrong. The maps on the exam were very unclear so that is probably where I missed the question.

I know of people who got very high Scores(Two of em got at least a 100) on the T/O test..

Then flunked out of Schoolcar because they talked too much,couldnt stop a train properly if thier life depended on it, and could not follow simple instruction...

In other words...

Common sense>>>>Book Smarts...

I know of people who got very high Scores(Two of em got at least a 100) on the T/O test..

Then flunked out of Schoolcar because they talked too much,couldnt stop a train properly if thier life depended on it, and could not follow simple instruction...

In other words...

Common sense>>>>Book Smarts...

Hahahahaha RTO man you are 100% correct give me someone with common sense and can be taught ditto

Archived