BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

PAUSEEEE!!! STOP STOP STOP!

since when do Orion Vs have TAPE!?!?!? i was dumb shocked when i saw an Orion on the S53 with tape...i was sitting across from door...and when i was about to get off..i reach to pull the cord...no cord..then i look for the other one...thinking that one broke....no cord...then i see yellow tape...WTF...mind f**ked me really bad! only bus i knew that had tape were the RTS, Orion VII OGs...wow for this...

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

since when do Orion Vs have TAPE!?!?!? i was dumb shocked when i saw an Orion on the S53 with tape...i was sitting across from door...and when i was about to get off..i reach to pull the cord...no cord..then i look for the other one...thinking that one broke....no cord...then i see yellow tape...WTF...mind f**ked me really bad! only bus i knew that had tape were the RTS, Orion VII OGs...wow for this...

They originally came with tape. One of the other guys here bought up the tape > cord conversions a while back

Edited by SevenEleven

PAUSEEEE!!! STOP STOP STOP!

LOL.... You're like obsessed with those friggin' cords... You can thank the idiots that break them for them having to be taken out.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

So there's this driver on the 13 who doesn't like me taking pics of his bus, right? Well, I saw him driving the 100, so i'm really excited because I can finally take pics of the 13 at night, so guess who his replacement is? The ONLY driver in Albany Division who thinks it's illegal to take pictures of buses.

So there's this driver on the 13 who doesn't like me taking pics of his bus, right? Well, I saw him driving the 100, so i'm really excited because I can finally take pics of the 13 at night, so guess who his replacement is? The ONLY driver in Albany Division who thinks it's illegal to take pictures of buses.

Continue to take pics, that's what I say... if they give you trouble just throw the rules at 'em...

Continue to take pics, that's what I say... if they give you trouble just throw the rules at 'em...

But the problem is CDTA has no official documentation saying it's legal. I already explained to the B/O that I film in front of numerous supervisors all of which have told me I can film, I went to CDTA directly, and they told me it was fine, and that all drivers in the division think it's legal, but she still said no. (The only division that thinks it's illegal is Troy, but only the drivers who were drivers near 9/11)

Edited by CDTA

LOL.... You're like obsessed with those friggin' cords... You can think the idiots that break them for them having to be taken out.

yeahh i lovee the cords...i always wanna pull them.... if someone pulls for my stop...i get off at next stop and make sure i get to pull!

i always wait for an XD40...or a Orion 3G or LFS...i only take the Orion V if theres 2 in a row...

yeahh i lovee the cords...i always wanna pull them.... if someone pulls for my stop...i get off at next stop and make sure i get to pull!

i always wait for an XD40...or a Orion 3G or LFS...i only take the Orion V if theres 2 in a row...

A bit much? What if the next stop is on the S89 in NJ? :lol:

Obsessive much?

Why he'll walk back across the Bayonne Bridge, of course! ;) (Not that I would recommend it, from personal experience, but anyway)

What if it's the last bus of the night?

Why he'll walk back across the Bayonne Bridge, of course! ;) (Not that I would recommend it, from personal experience, but anyway)

What if it's the last bus of the night?

The other option would be the walk of shame off the bus. :D

To XxLiLGiJoE17xX, we're only joking man.

So im riding the s78 and i see pple going through the back door...I say to myself...why doesn't the door stay open?? Soo its an NG so I looked around the back door and I was checking out how the back door is bigger than front....just normal observations....when all of a sudden....I see duct tape..yes duct tape on the sensors up top...those 3sensors......WTH....is this legal?!?!?!

So im riding the s78 and i see pple going through the back door...I say to myself...why doesn't the door stay open?? Soo its an NG so I looked around the back door and I was checking out how the back door is bigger than front....just normal observations....when all of a sudden....I see duct tape..yes duct tape on the sensors up top...those 3sensors......WTH....is this legal?!?!?!

No, that's not suppose to be there, but bus drivers put it there. Just like they use to cut the wires on the touch tape on the rear doors of the Orion V's.

No, that's not suppose to be there, but bus drivers put it there. Just like they use to cut the wires on the touch tape on the rear doors of the Orion V's.

F***ing staten island B/Os mann...SMH...thats why those Orion Vs doors dont stay open...and u see the broken glass at the top...makes sense...but why would they but tape on the sensors?? farebeating purpose?? idk but next time...im snatching it off...

F***ing staten island B/Os mann...SMH...thats why those Orion Vs doors dont stay open...and u see the broken glass at the top...makes sense...but why would they but tape on the sensors?? farebeating purpose?? idk but next time...im snatching it off...

Are those the same sensors that make that announcement "Please Step Away From the Doors"? If so, that's probably why. It's annoying as hell for both the B/O and passengers to listen to that. If it's something that keeps the door open once the tape is pushed and the passenger is getting off so it doesn't slam in their face, then the B/O probably likes to keep things moving. It's annoying when the back door takes its time to close when nobody's there. The doors aren't that heavy where it's that hard to just hold them open yourself.

If the B/O wants to put duct take up and risk getting in trouble, it's their problem.