Railfanning: 4/2-3/11 + R142A (5) train special

4P3607

Found an R142A (5) train! 2 of them infact. I am currently uploading the videos, so here is one video and some pictures from railfanning/busfanning from April 2 & 3...:

4031119.jpg

4031118.jpg

4031117.jpg

4031116.jpg

4031114.jpg

4031113.jpg

4031112.jpg

4031111.jpg

4031110.jpg

403119.jpg

403118.jpg

403117.jpg

403116.jpg

403115.jpg

More continue in the next post... VvV:cool:

nice photos, by any chance were you at Forest Hills station today filming trains?

no, last weekend I was. :(

I actually was fanning, I couple of M7's passed by. I then waited about 30 minutes, nothing was coming, so I decided to leave. As soon as Im halfway down the block, TWO M3's come out of nowhere and zoom past the station in both direction B):mad::cry:.

no, last weekend I was. :(

I actually was fanning, I couple of M7's passed by. I then waited about 30 minutes, nothing was coming, so I decided to leave. As soon as Im halfway down the block, TWO M3's come out of nowhere and zoom past the station in both direction B):mad::cry:.

that always seems to happen hehe. One time I was in Marcy Ave looking for an R42, I got bored after like 20-30 min and take an R160 J back, and im looking out the front as it goes over the Willaimbsurg Bridge and theres the R42 going the other direction

that always seems to happen hehe. One time I was in Marcy Ave looking for an R42, I got bored after like 20-30 min and take an R160 J back, and im looking out the front as it goes over the Willaimbsurg Bridge and theres the R42 going the other direction

lol, but even if you did wait you still would not be able to board it since its on the other side, & you'd have to pay another fare to get to it.

Props for catching R142As on the (5)! :drool:

I caught it at 42 St-GC. I wonder if they had on the MTA website...

"due to a flood condition at 42 Street-Grand Central, (4)(5)(6) service is running with delays"..

and flood stands for foam. Yes, I tried not to foam when seeing it but I couldn't help screaming "OH MY GOD!!!!!" about a million times B):P

Nice catch on the R142A (5) !!!!!

I would love to see that on that regular (5) route one day, as well as the (2), man IDK what I would do if I went down into the Flatbush Ave station and see a 142A.... *Insert foaming smile*

Thx, & yes, the only reason there were 2 R142A's on the (5) today & yesterday was because the (5) had NO access to East 180 St Yard (since it was terminating at 149 St-GC on the Jerome Av Line), so the (5) had to use cars from the (4). If you notice in the video, it has a (4) strip map.

Nice catch on the R142A (5) !!!!!

I would love to see that on that regular (5) route one day, as well as the (2), man IDK what I would do if I went down into the Flatbush Ave station and see a 142A.... *Insert foaming smile*

R142As did run on the (2) a few years ago, I think 2006. They were borrowed from the (6) and (4). It was because the R142s were being worked on. I got a few pics along Nostrand.

lol, they are almost the same thing, not really that big a deal. Save the foaming for if an R62/A showed up on the (2)/(5).

Guest lance25
what exactly is going on, on the Dyre Ave line that its closed completely like that?

They're working on signals around the E 180 St station.

R142As did run on the (2) a few years ago, I think 2006. They were borrowed from the (6) and (4). It was because the R142s were being worked on. I got a few pics along Nostrand.

lol, they are almost the same thing, not really that big a deal. Save the foaming for if an R62/A showed up on the (2)/(5).

Well to me the R142As feel and ride much different than the bombardier ones, when I ride on the (4) I usually wish the train is a 142A. cannot compare R68/As to the differences of the R142/A.

They're working on signals around the E 180 St station.

I don't think thats just the case. There also doing some signalling on the Dyre Branch as well as the 180th Rehab. Otherwise the (5) would run normal as a (S) single track.

Good Photos btw!

Well to me the R142As feel and ride much different than the bombardier ones, when I ride on the (4) I usually wish the train is a 142A. cannot compare R68/As to the differences of the R142/A.

Ride wise would be different. Otherwise, from a distance when taking pics, there's no real difference. That's what I mean.

Archived