Questions about NYCT Bus/MTA Bus Training

RTS4Life

Just wanna let you guys know I qualified on day 7 and I appreciate all the advice that was given, I start line training tomorrow and I look forward to learning how to drive the hybrids, thanks to all

Congrats on your achievement brother. Good luck during the rest of your probation.

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats Bro.. I just came to Gunhill also.. I like it so far, but I live in Brooklyn so the commute sucks.

Unless you are on the extra list, you won't see the good routes.. More than likely, you will be on/able to pick the BX12, BX5,BX4,BX40,BX42,BX39..

Congrats Bro.. I just came to Gunhill also.. I like it so far, but I live in Brooklyn so the commute sucks.

Unless you are on the extra list, you won't see the good routes.. More than likely, you will be on/able to pick the BX12, BX5,BX4,BX40,BX42,BX39..

Yeah and each one of those lines are crap LOL. The Bx39 might have been okay before TA extended it to Wakefield. But the Bx12 is self explanatory and the rest are all concentrated in the South Bronx mostly. They all end their routes in Throggs Neck or Pelham Bay, but the majority of your riders will be boarding at the other end of the lines.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to let you guys know, I qualified on day 7 today. I would like to thank all you guys for giving alot of advise and some good useful tips. I'm going to be working out of college point, so bring on those new CNG C40 everyone is talking about lol. Thanks to all again.:cool::tup:

Congrats man, I too am on the 2901 list with a # of 1046. Is this your first time driving a bus when you went in for training or you had driven buses or trucks before?

Thanks bro, well I have three and a half years with connecticut transit. At ct transit we drive new flyers, novas, cng, mci, and lfs artics. But I did not go with the cocky attitude like if I know everything. I took my ct transit skills and apply it with my listening and following instruction skills toward my instructor.:tup:

Thanks bro, well I have three and a half years with connecticut transit. At ct transit we drive new flyers, novas, cng, mci, and lfs artics. But I did not go with the cocky attitude like if I know everything. I took my ct transit skills and apply it with my listening and following instruction skills toward my instructor.:tup:

Right, Thats the right approach because if I do get called up for it, I don't want to let them know what I know. Good job 10-4.

Thanks jaydubs it was a long 7 days lol, I report to zerega tomorrow to get hybrid training. So how's everything going with you at your depot bro.

Hey Gun Hill is cool. Routes are cool for the most part, even though this is the end of week 3 for line training and i haven't did every route yet. I start artic training tomorrow, looking forward to that...I guess. Just waiting for graduation and finally being on my own and making a wrong turn along my route. LOL. :(

Do the same bro, then you should be good, my list # was 15 that's why I got called so fast but they will get to you.:tup:

Congrats once again Transit Bx, and welcome to the family. Oh and by the way where do you live in The Bronx? I live in the north east bronx off of boston road.

Congrats once again Transit Bx, and welcome to the family. Oh and by the way where do you live in The Bronx? I live in the north east bronx off of boston road.

Hey thanks again willbx, and I live north east/west off grand councourse around fordom. Hey what station you work out of?

O

Hey thanks again willbx, and I live north east/west off grand councourse around fordom. Hey what station you work out of?

Well at the moment I'm PM extra since being reinstated. I picked night RDOs, and I have to go pick the jobs on Monday @ 13:30.

Good to hear you maid it. Tell us how was your 7days. and anyone hear from Tim. Welcome to the family good luck with everything. and remember no overtime yet pass that year.

Hey thanks RTS. My 7days was a great experience overall. Especially doing the el pillers and during days 5 and 6, but MTA have a great training staff, it may be to short of a training for some ppl to do it within 7 to 10 days, it also may be to long of a training for some ppl like myself lol. CT transit training don't have anything on MTA training. I'm just glad that I made it on day7. Today I was at zerega training on the hybrids.

O ok so when u have a steady station for a week let me know bro.:tup:

Nah 5 days jobs are over for me. I worked 2 five day booths and hated them both. People like to get too familiar with you when they see you on a daily basis. And anyway with RDO's I will be working the same job once a week on a certain day or 2 times a week. I'm not sure whether I want to work 2 nights one place followed by another 2 nights then 1 night somewhere else. Or just work 5 different places every night of the week. But either way I have to wait til then to see what's up on the board for me to pick.

Mabstoa don't cover queens. Just Manhattan and Bronx Surface. Bronx

Mabstoa DEPOT BELOW

Gun Hill Depot

Kingsbridge Depot

Mother Clara Hale Depot - formerly 146th Street Depot temporarily closed for rebuilding.

West Farms Depot - formerly Coliseum Depot

Amsterdam Depot- temporarily reopened while Mother Clara Hale depot is rebuilding,temporarily closed for service cuts.

Manhattan Division100th Street Depot

Manhattanville Depot - formerly 132nd Street Depot

Michael J. Quill Depot - formerly West Side Depot

MTA BUS DEPOT

Baisley Park Depot

College Point Depot

Eastchester Depot

Far Rockaway Depot

John F. Kennedy Depot

LaGuardia Depot

Spring Creek Depot

Yonkers Depot