Hey All

DevilBus65

Hello everyone my name is John and I have been in the bus business for 21 years. I was an Operator for 21 years starting out at Steinway Transit. I was there for the merge with Queens Transit and the takeover by the MTA as well. I recently was a part of the first class of Union Dispatchers that were hired by MTA Bus. I am currently the Midnight Crew Dispatcher at College Point Depot.

Welcome to NYC Transit Forums! Wow....... You were at Steinway? That must have been fun! Did you drive GM New Look's? Even though I was only 5, I remember when they changed the name to Queens Surface Corp. in 1988. I always thought it was a really nice garage too. I guess that's why it is home to MTA Bus Headquarters now!

Welcome to NYC Transit Forums! Wow....... You were at Steinway? That must have been fun! Did you drive GM New Look's? Even though I was only 5, I remember when they changed the name to Queens Surface Corp. in 1988. I always thought it was a really nice garage too. I guess that's why it is home to MTA Bus Headquarters now!

Yeah Steinway was a blast.But we are far better off now.New equipment and a better work ethic although it was nice to be more free since I was only a kid when I started. We had a bunch of different buses too. It was a treat to drive and old RTS II because they were the only buses a rookie could get that had A/C since they were the new buses. We also had Canadians that were wide bodies and as fast as car.We aslo had some Grumman Flxibles too,although they were beat on they were still pretty cool to drive. We also had buses that you needed to quick shift to get them into speed. All in all Steinway had some great memories for me.

Archived