Your opinions on Greg Mocker

Nexis4Jersey

The whole Pix News at 10 is a joke. They should bring back Kaity Tong and Jim Watkins.

This.

I mean, I shouldn't be able to see the guy in the back no one cares about, playing solitaire.... the "exit" signs above each doorway, as the reporter walks from place to place...

How tacky can ya get....

----------------------------

far as this Greg Mocker... you know the only reason you're bringing him up was b/c pinepower hooked up w/ him a while back (and continues to sackride on him; "on the trail of something different"... lol...)

The guy's (mocker) an afterthought.... A complete bore, just like the rest of the 10 o'clock news on ch 11..... I stumbled onto 2 or 3 segments of his, and I couldn't continue watching... he tries to be funny & hardcore (with his issues) at the same time, and it aint workin.....

This.

I mean, I shouldn't be able to see the guy in the back no one cares about, playing solitaire.... the "exit" signs above each doorway, as the reporter walks from place to place...

How tacky can ya get....

----------------------------

far as this Greg Mocker... you know the only reason you're bringing him up was b/c pinepower hooked up w/ him a while back (and continues to sackride on him; "on the trail of something different"... lol...)

The guy's (mocker) an afterthought.... A complete bore, just like the rest of the 10 o'clock news on ch 11..... I stumbled onto 2 or 3 segments of his, and I couldn't continue watching... he tries to be funny & hardcore (with his issues) at the same time, and it aint workin.....

Thats not why i'm bringing this up....i guess your mind reader was off..... I like him and PIX 11 , but they seem to completely ignore NJ , Westchester and CT unless something big happens which is a disappointment.

Thats not why i'm bringing this up....i guess your mind reader was off..... I like him and PIX 11 , but they seem to completely ignore NJ , Westchester and CT unless something big happens which is a disappointment.

Why should they run stories about what happens out side of NYC, aren't they an NYC news channel?

Nexis most of the major NYC stations (i.e Fox/CH.5, Ch.2, 4, 7 and 11) don't cover Northern NJ, LI and CT all the time either. If you have cable that why there NY1 for expanded NYC news, News 12 for Long Island, Westchester and Northern NJ, and RNN (Regional News Network)as well.

The main reason why the bosses at Ch.11 got rid of Kaity and Watkins as Anchors was because of low ratings(Ch.5/Fox kicks their butt in ratings for 10pm)and also to get a younger audience from their CW shows.

They (WPIX management is gambling)that a quasi 10pm newscast that a cross between the 'Today' show, 20/20 or 60 minutes and a radio newstalk show is the new wave of newscasts. Ch.11/WPIX even canned their daily 3-4 minute sports news segment.

Personally I think something like this 'new' format with Jodi Applegate as "Host" (WPIX does not call her an anchor in this show)should be tried at the dinner time hour at 6pm or 'middle of the day between 10am-2pm instead of endless Jerry Springer re-runs. At 10pm it should 'hard news' IMO focusing on the day's headlines and kept Kaity and Watkins.

Back to topic. I don't watch the PIX news that much anymore since Kaity and Watkins left so I don't know much about Mr. Mocker.:eek:

Hes good. I like his thing about the ugly subway stations. We tell the MTA, they don't listen, but when he tells them, they listen. He also is neat and prevents parks from getting trashed and others. I like him. He forces the city to fix bad things.

Hes good. I like his thing about the ugly subway stations. We tell the MTA, they don't listen, but when he tells them, they listen. He also is neat and prevents parks from getting trashed and others. I like him. He forces the city to fix bad things.

You should get him to go do and do a story on the Casey Stengel Depot. B)

I don't believe that....

The fact that they air too much city related news, is ya boy Pinepower's argument....

you just added NJ, CT, and Westchester to it come on here & say, nah anhh, you're wrong...

(What a terrible attempt @ CT)

He has more of a case than you do, and I still don't think our news stations should cover LI news....

Who the hell tunes into a NY news station, for Westchester & CT local news... And an argument can be made that channel 9's shows too much NJ related news....

That's how I know you're full of it.

I don't believe that....

The fact that they only cater to the city, is ya boy Pinepower's argument....

you just added NJ, CT, and Westchester to it to disprove me... What a terrible attempt @ CT.

He has more of a case than you do, and I still don't think our news stations should cover LI news....

Who the hell tunes into a NY news station, for Westchester & CT local news... And an argument can be made that channel 9's shows too much NJ related news....

That's how I know you're full of it.

Being fair B35 not everyone has cable for access to NY1, News12 or further north from the '5' boros, YNN(Your News Network.)

So I think most of NYC local news station i.e Ch. 2, 4, 5/9, 7 and 11 do a descent job in most cases focusing mainly on the '5' boros and sometimes on the rest of the region as well.

Why should they run stories about what happens out side of NYC, aren't they an NYC news channel?

He knew what he was doin when he mentioned that....

talk about bringing up something so outlandish; Westchester & Connecticut....

all of a sudden, this guy Nexis is so concerned about our news & what's on it, when he's quick to make his slick little comments about NYC folk when he posts in the shoutbox....

Being fair B35 not everyone has cable for access to NY1, News12 or further north from the '5' boros, YNN(Your News Network.)

So I think most of NYC local news station i.e Ch. 2, 4, 5/9, 7 and 11 do a descent job in most cases focusing mainly on the '5' boros and sometimes on the rest of the region as well.

Which is what they should be doing.

I used to be a huge fan of him, exposing serious problems with the MTA. But that changed after seeing that he doesn't care about Long Island Bus. I made a video bashing him, which got him "somewhat" involved, interviewing me on a bus. But he failed to show crowded buses in his report despite me pointing them out at Roosevelt Field. He always loves riding the subway but couldn't seem to get off LI Bus fast enough.

Now we have the kind of stuff that would be right up his alley going on in Nassau, with the county willing to pay Charles Wang $400 Million for a new coliseum (if the public falls for it) and $25 Million to replace the Eisenhower Pk Aquatic Center, but no money to pay the MTA for bus service!

But Mocker has been absent. He's a traitor in my opinion. A typical NYC snob, now complaining that the subway tunnels are dirty. Show me one subway tunnel in the world that doesn't have dust and mold!

He says he's on the trail of something different but when that trail is outside of the 5 boroughs it seems he could care less. The whole PIX News is going in this direction though, seems to be a very city-centric newscast that doesn't report major stories outside of the city. Mocker may not even be at fault here, he is just being told to report on only city stories by Tribune mgmt. And being that Tribune (which owns the station) is in serious financial trouble it's no suprise, they probably want to save on gas by not traveling out of the city.

But it still pisses me off, this fake sympathy for us. Apparently 100,000 stranded daily riders on Long Island are less important than 1000 or less express bus riders in the city or a 20 people upset over sidewalk cracks.

Mocker said to me several times that he was going to get involved in the LI Bus issue, and when the recent development came out with the coliseum he said he's ask Mangano the question. But he never did. I used to be a big fan of the guy but in the past month or so he is like a broken record. I dont like being lied to, period. Some of you guys were able to see he didn't give a damn about LI Bus in the interview, but I was being too nieve as always.

Now I see Mocker for who he is, a fraud. And to add I stopped watching PIX News at 10pm for good. Fox aint great but they do a better job covering the region fairly.

And you can add Long Island to that list too!

Well there is WLNY 10/55 which is pretty good despite their low budget. And Fios 1 is getting better. Both stations have covered the LI Bus situation, but I still wish someone would ask Mangano why he has 400 Million for Wang and zilch for bus service.

Now, he expands Ugliest Subway Contest to PATH Commuters, MTA/NJT Commuter Railroads, and Staten Island Railway.

I guess he doesn't know about PATH Photo policy either.

I cant complain about an ugly subway, because you never usually wait that long. Ugly bus stops, well we have plenty of those..

I can agree w/that. I'm not a big fan on Channel 11 or Mocker quite frankly.

I stared at Jodi Applegate's legs for a few of the newscasts...then I heard her talk and realized she's a complete airhead. Out of the whole hour, only about 15 minutes of it is actual news. They even replaced Sal Marciano because he's "too old". The sports coverage sucks. Ironically, the closest thing to news is Kaity Tong's two minute segment from Williamsburg, Brooklyn. I hate the Lionel segments.

I used to be a huge fan of him, exposing serious problems with the MTA. But that changed after seeing that he doesn't care about Long Island Bus. I made a video bashing him, which got him "somewhat" involved, interviewing me on a bus. But he failed to show crowded buses in his report despite me pointing them out at Roosevelt Field. He always loves riding the subway but couldn't seem to get off LI Bus fast enough.

Now we have the kind of stuff that would be right up his alley going on in Nassau, with the county willing to pay Charles Wang $400 Million for a new coliseum (if the public falls for it) and $25 Million to replace the Eisenhower Pk Aquatic Center, but no money to pay the MTA for bus service!

But Mocker has been absent. He's a traitor in my opinion. A typical NYC snob, now complaining that the subway tunnels are dirty. Show me one subway tunnel in the world that doesn't have dust and mold!

He says he's on the trail of something different but when that trail is outside of the 5 boroughs it seems he could care less. The whole PIX News is going in this direction though, seems to be a very city-centric newscast that doesn't report major stories outside of the city. Mocker may not even be at fault here, he is just being told to report on only city stories by Tribune mgmt. And being that Tribune (which owns the station) is in serious financial trouble it's no suprise, they probably want to save on gas by not traveling out of the city.

But it still pisses me off, this fake sympathy for us. Apparently 100,000 stranded daily riders on Long Island are less important than 1000 or less express bus riders in the city or a 20 people upset over sidewalk cracks.

Mocker said to me several times that he was going to get involved in the LI Bus issue, and when the recent development came out with the coliseum he said he's ask Mangano the question. But he never did. I used to be a big fan of the guy but in the past month or so he is like a broken record. I dont like being lied to, period. Some of you guys were able to see he didn't give a damn about LI Bus in the interview, but I was being too nieve as always.

Now I see Mocker for who he is, a fraud. And to add I stopped watching PIX News at 10pm for good. Fox aint great but they do a better job covering the region fairly.

ahem....

(from:http://nyctransitforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=404879#post404879)

2) the greg mocker get-together/"interview"... was a joke.

for those that bothered watching.... ever noticed how ever JQP was babbling on about, well, whatever he was babbling on about, Mocker either paid him no mind, or gave simplistic responses... you know, the type of responses you say to people to make sure you hear them, but not necessarily listening to him..... no where throughout that vid did I sense any type of concern about Long Island Bus out of him (Mocker)...

---------------

LMAO @ your reply there... not at you, but the content (for once)....

Nowwwwwww it dawns on you.

Tried to tell you he was full of it, a few months back.... but you were too stuck on cloud 9 to consider any of it, and even deeming that post of mine, a threat to your person... as laughable as that all was....

Look homeboy, TV personalities are all alike; it aint about one person (or a collective group of people's) problems.... You think you mattered that day, but as cold as this may sound, you wadn't a blip on his radar.... They're all about THEIR image (and are damn good at "fake sympathy"... reality TV shows are full of people like that... lol).... and as long as he's gettin paid to do a job, he's not gonna break kayfabe to attempt to truly satisfy some somebody....

Even if it's something He, Himself believes is unfair, unjust, or flat out wrong.

That's TV land for ya..... He's not a "traitor", b/c he never seriously cared about LIB in the first place (I picked up on that, the minute I noticed his demeanor in that video where he spent part of the day with you).... Two-faced would be a more appropriate term...

...Which is one of the main reasons why I would never want to meet any TV personality.... they're all wolves in sheep's clothing.... and my eyes are the shears.

Archived