Leaving things the way they are

lilbluefoxie

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There Are A Few That Were Forgotten:

The "do something with the L-train" crowd - a) send some L-trains (or whatever letter) out of Canarsie to run on the J-line at Eastern Parkway, and then across the Williamsburg Bridge to link up with the Sixth Avenue local to go out over the 63rd Street tunnel to Archer Avenue - Please! Right Now! (smile)

Please! Please! Make each every variation of every line have their own route designation! For example - each of the current A-train routes would get their own letter, the A, H, etc. The #6 would also get the #8 - because there's a green decal on the signage rolls. The #5 would get an #11 because of the WPR terminal, while the #2 would get a #12 for its super-express!

Please! Please! Make every route an EXPRESS route! Why? We're nutty transit fans who like express trains - that's why! It does not matter if the express route makes no sense, has no ridership, local stations get little to zero service if the scheme is implemented, or the that express tracks would be filled with 30,000 trains per hour - it does not matter. We're transit fans and we just have to have EXPRESS trains!

Please! Please! Propose to spend billions of dollars on new routes, new tunnels, new everything all based upon a fantasy map, that will be changed next week because I forgot something!

All 0f the above is in jest.

Mike

There Are A Few That Were Forgotten:

The "do something with the L-train" crowd - a) send some L-trains (or whatever letter) out of Canarsie to run on the J-line at Eastern Parkway, and then across the Williamsburg Bridge to link up with the Sixth Avenue local to go out over the 63rd Street tunnel to Archer Avenue - Please! Right Now! (smile)

Please! Please! Make each every variation of every line have their own route designation! For example - each of the current A-train routes would get their own letter, the A, H, etc. The #6 would also get the #8 - because there's a green decal on the signage rolls. The #5 would get an #11 because of the WPR terminal, while the #2 would get a #12 for its super-express!

Please! Please! Make every route an EXPRESS route! Why? We're nutty transit fans who like express trains - that's why! It does not matter if the express route makes no sense, has no ridership, local stations get little to zero service if the scheme is implemented, or the that express trains would be filled with 30,000 trains per hour - it does not matter. We're transit fans and we just have to have EXPRESS trains!

Please! Please! Propose to spend billions of dollars on new routes, new tunnels, new everything all based upon a fantasy map, that will be changed next went because I forgot something!

All 0f the above is in jest.

Mike

Best post yet lol

Man Forest Glen let go. While at the start I agreed the (F) should have stayed on 53rd, it is what is. It's almost 10 years later and I am sure there more important things in your life than the routing of a NYC subway line.

Yes, there are more important things in life. One of them is getting to work on time - which is often difficult when having to wait ten minutes for the M connection for the 53rd Street stations.

Regarding a few comments that the D train provides sufficient service for Brooklyn, I suspect - and I apologize if I am wrong - that the comments are not from people who live there. There are two to three F trains to Brooklyn in the late afternoon/early evening rush hour for every D train. I won't dispute the claim that the M train was underused running via the West End tracks - though I recall it being quite crowded whenever I had need to take it - but if that was the case, it was perhaps because people did not want to have to make all the local stops on 4th Ave before getting to the city.

The West End line needs the equivalent of the Brighton service (two lines: Q and B) and the F train (frequency equivalent to two lines).

I'm not saying that Queens and The Bronx don't need additional service. Just that Brooklyn needs it, as well. :)

Yes, there are more important things in life. One of them is getting to work on time - which is often difficult when having to wait ten minutes for the M connection for the 53rd Street stations.

Regarding a few comments that the D train provides sufficient service for Brooklyn, I suspect - and I apologize if I am wrong - that the comments are not from people who live there. There are two to three F trains to Brooklyn in the late afternoon/early evening rush hour for every D train. I won't dispute the claim that the M train was underused running via the West End tracks - though I recall it being quite crowded whenever I had need to take it - but if that was the case, it was perhaps because people did not want to have to make all the local stops on 4th Ave before getting to the city.

The West End line needs the equivalent of the Brighton service (two lines: Q and B) and the F train (frequency equivalent to two lines).

I'm not saying that Queens and The Bronx don't need additional service. Just that Brooklyn needs it, as well. :)

Welcome to the boards Culver. I think that a Local West End train to lower Manhattan either via Nassau or the (R) line can work. It should a rush hour 'peak direction only' (To Manhattan AM from Manhattan PM)similar to the old Brown (R) Nassau line that ran 25 years ago. Between Chambers and either Bay Pwy or 95th.

I used to live in SW Brooklyn until 7 years ago so i know the area well. With that said, since I am only visit that area on weekends on occasion when in NYC, not sure which needs it more, the Bay Ridge coordior (R) or the West End?

Sorry to burst anyone's bubble, but I thought this thread was about leaving things the way they are, not thinking about ways to mess with the system.

^^Did anyone even read this post??^^

Guest lance25

What are you, the forum police? Conversations tend to stray from their original topic. Get over it and leave the moderating to the moderators.

I know about the 480' issue, but we are a LONG way off from the (T) getting that far down. By the time that happens, I would think they would be lengthening the stations anyway because the entire stretch of Eastern Division stations would be lengthened to accommodate 10-car (or more) trains. That lengthening might have to happen in the next decade or so as parts of Brooklyn continue to become gentrified with longer trains becoming necessary.

They had 100 years to do it, I doubt they're going to do it in 20.

Sorry to burst anyone's bubble, but I thought this thread was about leaving things the way they are, not thinking about ways to mess with the system.

Are you a mod?

What are you, the forum police? Conversations tend to stray from their original topic. Get over it and leave the moderating to the moderators.

Are you a mod?
Yep, I see nothing wrong with the responses here. Imagine how boring this thread would be if EVERYONE agreed with lilbluefoxie. Not much discussion would be generated at all. I'm not saying that I disagree with him, but if no one agrees with him, (s)he is entitled to their opinion and explain why the current service pattern isn't "perfect" as long as (s)he gives valid reasons. I'm sure one example can be found here. ;)

Yep, I see nothing wrong with the responses here. Imagine how boring this thread would be if EVERYONE agreed with lilbluefoxie. Not much discussion would be generated at all. I'm not saying that I disagree with him, but if no one agrees with him, (s)he is entitled to their opinion and explain why the current service pattern isn't "perfect" as long as (s)he gives valid reasons. I'm sure one example can be found here. :P

I'm not Talking about agreeing or disagreeing with lilbluefoxie. In fact, the point of my first post was to get back to that discussion. I'm not going to apologize, because I did nothing wrong. I am not trying to be a moderator or anything, I am merely trying to respect lilbluefoxie by getting back to the original discussion.

Lance25, you can cut it out with the insults. I cannot see why so many people gave you thanks.

I am not trying to be a moderator or anything, I am merely trying to respect lilbluefoxie by getting back to the original discussion.

Lance25, you can cut it out with the insults. I cannot see why so many people gave you thanks.

You have to realize that some topics will go "off-topic", but that's perfectly normal. It's not the first time it happens, and it won't be the last time it happens. There's no need for anyone to demand us to go back on topic, unless a moderator says so. It's either play along or don't reply to the topic, simple. It can't be that hard, right? Don't be like a certain selfish someone that intentionally demands us to get back on topic just because he wants it to be that way. You're relatively new here, so I'll cut you some slack.

Archived