Leaving things the way they are

lilbluefoxie

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lance25

Yeah and...? There are diamond crossovers in either direction just south of 57 St-7 Av so theoretically, the (W), if resurrected, could run from 96 St/2 Av to wherever as either the Broadway Local or Express with the current service pattern unaffected if the (MTA) wanted it to be that way. The Broadway Line is nothing if not flexible in terms of routing options.

Yeah and...? There are diamond crossovers in either direction just south of 57 St-7 Av so theoretically, the (W), if resurrected, could run from 96 St/2 Av to wherever as either the Broadway Local or Express with the current service pattern unaffected if the (MTA) wanted it to be that way. The Broadway Line is nothing if not flexible in terms of routing options.

You can run a train as a Broadway Local or express from SAS/63rd just like the 6th Ave line. That why i would not be surprised if Astoria line residents want the (Q) to stay permanetly on their line in Queens, the (MTA) changes their mind and has the (W) as the SAS line serving Broadway stations.

You can run a train as a Broadway Local or express from SAS/63rd just like the 6th Ave line. That why i would not be surprised if Astoria line residents want the (Q) to stay permanetly on their line in Queens, the (MTA) changes their mind and has the (W) as the SAS line serving Broadway stations.

However, to get up on G4 track going north, must be on either express track at 57-7, which was mentioned earlier in the thread. Going south, G3 empties into either express track, only switching over to the local south of 57. That also doesnt address late night issues as the SAS will be a 24/7 line.

You mean 24/7 line right?

Was correcting the typo when you posted, lol. What I wonder is whether they will continue to run three services at 49st once something (presumably (Q)) goes to 96st. Yes the (N) probably will go back to express again and the (W) might rise from the dead, but I wonder if it will start its express run from 57 or 34? Obviously with 57 being the terminal for the (Q) before the cuts, the (N) had to stop at 49 and use switches between 42 and 34.

Guest lance25

It'll probably revert back to the pre-Summer 2010 service pattern with the (N), (R) and whatever other line that serves Astoria stopping at 49 St while the Second Avenue line skips the station. Ever since 1990, three lines have served 49 St except during Manhattan Bridge construction on the south side where the (N) and (R) were the only Broadway lines.

The (T) should be connected to Culver Line. It seems like the Culver Line needs it more. They can build a connection north of Houston Street so the (T) can share the Rutgers Street Tunnel with the (F). It would eliminate the need to build phase 4 of the Second Avenue Subway.

How about no

I know about the 480' issue, but we are a LONG way off from the (T) getting that far down. By the time that happens, I would think they would be lengthening the stations anyway because the entire stretch of Eastern Division stations would be lengthened to accommodate 10-car (or more) trains. That lengthening might have to happen in the next decade or so as parts of Brooklyn continue to become gentrified with longer trains becoming necessary.

utf-8BaHVoLmpwZw.jpg

By what measure is the M Myrtle Avenue Line change a success? The MTA has killed Sixth Avenue access to the East Side (53rd St.) with about 10 -12 minute headways during morning rush hours.

The wrong Sixth Avenue local is operating via 53rd. However, I won't open that can of worms.

The wrong Sixth Avenue local is operating via 53rd. However, I won't open that can of worms.
I don't want to do this, but...

Most, if not, some of us know your gripe about the (F) operating via 63 Street. If you actually notice, it has been like that for 10 years now and the service pattern won't likely change at all because (F) riders accept the current service pattern. If Hillside Ave and Queens Blvd riders object this service pattern (I'm sure they did when the changes occurred on 12/17/01 if I'm not mistaken) then they would've bitched about it a long time ago and maybe the (F) would've gone back to the 53 St connector like before. You have to accept that and move on. Or else, there's always the (E) since it still goes to 53 St (and some go to 179 St).

I don't want to do this, but...

Most, if not, some of us know your gripe about the (F) operating via 63 Street. If you actually notice, it has been like that for 10 years now and the service pattern won't likely change at all because (F) riders accept the current service pattern. If Hillside Ave and Queens Blvd riders object this service pattern (I'm sure they did when the changes occurred on 12/17/01 if I'm not mistaken) then they would've bitched about it a long time ago and maybe the (F) would've gone back to the 53 St connector like before. You have to accept that and move on. Or else, there's always the (E) since it still goes to 53 St (and some go to 179 St).

Man Forest Glen let go. While at the start I agreed the (F) should have stayed on 53rd, it is what is. It's almost 10 years later and I am sure there more important things in your life than the routing of a NYC subway line.

I think the only way he'll only accept it is if the (M) went express in queens somehow lol. And there's no problem with sixth avenue access to the east side in the AM rush as those trains arrive nowhere near full (reverse peak direction).

There were (and remain to this day) some very good reasons why the MTA put the F-train on the 63rd Street tunnel. There were (and remain to this day) why the MTA created the V-train in the first place, and later the M-train traveling along Queens Blvd.

The transit authority is capable of running its trains in a variety of ways, with a variety of routes and pathways - and that is what helps make "being a transit fan" fun. However there is a difference between "what could be done" and "what should be done" - and the ability to tell the difference is always what is needed.

There are times when there are debates about where a particular line should or should not run, etc. However at the end of the day, it is the MTA's railroad and it is their job to run as they see fit.

Just keeping it real.

Mike

Sorry to burst anyone's bubble, but I thought this thread was about leaving things the way they are, not thinking about ways to mess with the system.

Yeah, that always happens around here a lot, forgot to warn ya about it. Its like every other thread somehow has a "the (W) should be..." this or "the (T) should run..." that. Yeah it gets annoying at times but you'll get used to it...

...Eventually

Mta need to go

And where would they go?

Ignore him, because most of his posts are nothing but one-liners anyways.

Don't forget the (Z) extension to Bay Parkway.

You want super delays on the (Z) IRT? Best option is either 1)(Z) runs between Broadway Jct and Bay Parkway rush hours or 2)best option-a restored version of the Brown (R) running between Chambers and either 95th or Bay Parkway peak direction-rush hours only.

You want super delays on the (Z) IRT? Best option is either 1)(Z) runs between Broadway Jct and Bay Parkway rush hours or 2)best option-a restored version of the Brown (R) running between Chambers and either 95th or Bay Parkway peak direction-rush hours only.

He wasn't saying it should happen SB, he was just adding to my point about someone bringing up a useless extension that had nothing to do with the original topic...look below...

Yeah, that always happens around here a lot, forgot to warn ya about it. Its like every other thread somehow has a "the (W) should be..." this or "the (T) should run..." that. Yeah it gets annoying at times but you'll get used to it...

...Eventually

Archived