Your opinion on the Casey Anthony Trial

R68 Subway Car

• 2 weeks later...
If anyone cares a verdict in this trial will be ready at around 215-230pm in Orlando.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/ondeadline/post/2011/07/casey-anthony-jury-reaches-verdict/1

Verdicts are in. Casey has been found 'not gulity' of murder/manslaughter of her daughter. However she is 'gulity' of minor charges for lying to police during her arrest.

It's OJ all over again...smh....

Yeah right, thats the dumbest comment..

Oj Had a trail of blood and a ton of evidence against him yet the jurors refused to find him guilty for obvious reasons.

Here there was no evidence and too much doubt. I dont know if this girl killed her kid, and by the looks of her from the beginning there was way too much doubt if she was even in on it.

In a U.S. court of law you need substantial evidence beyond a reasonable doubt, no circumstantial evidence. If she killed her daughter shell have to live with that for the rest of her life. But I dont think she did it. The kid probably did drown and someone tried to cover it.

Yeah right, thats the dumbest comment..

Oj Had a trail of blood and a ton of evidence against him yet the jurors refused to find him guilty for obvious reasons.

Here there was no evidence and too much doubt. I dont know if this girl killed her kid, and by the looks of her from the beginning there was way too much doubt if she was even in on it.

In a U.S. court of law you need substantial evidence beyond a reasonable doubt, no circumstantial evidence. If she killed her daughter shell have to live with that for the rest of her life. But I dont think she did it. The kid probably did drown and someone tried to cover it.

The glove dont fit.....lmao

I am sure shows like Nancy Grace will be covering this verdict for next few weeks. Not to mention there already talks for a movie about this case as well.

For those of you comparing this to OJ, it's apples and oranges. OJ was gulity IMO but he was found 'not gulity' only for the following reasons. 1)Botched/epic fail by the Prosecution 2)Racial element in which a mostly Black Jury wanted 'payback' after the Rodney King mess a few years earlier. 3)the 'glove' did not fit.

I am not surprised Casey was acquited on the murder charges. Thought there was possiblity she be found metally ill gulity of manslaughter.

Unlike OJ, there was reasonable doubt(from reading articles online/testimony)in this case.

This was a strange case. I hope she did not murder her daughter but if did IMO she pay a price in the afterlife by God IMO.:confused:

I am not surprised Casey was acquited on the murder charges. Thought there was possiblity she be found metally ill gulity of manslaughter.

Unlike OJ, there was reasonable doubt(from reading articles online/testimony)in this case.

Dont give that stupid whore any excuse, shes a baby killer who got away with it.

Dont give that stupid whore any excuse, shes a baby killer who got away with it.

Personally do I think Casey was 'gulity?" IMO yes. However the great acting job she performed incuding her crying till kingdom come when she was on the witness stand. Also add in the fact the not so great evidence by the Prosecution are the main reasons she basically might spend only a couple of years in jail instead of life without parole.

I was explaining Nova the reasons she set found not gulity of murder.

Personally do I think Casey was 'gulity?" IMO yes. However the great acting job she performed incuding her crying till kingdom come when she was on the witness stand. Also add in the fact the not so great evidence by the Prosecution are the main reasons she basically might spend only a couple of years in jail instead of life without parole.

I was explaining Nova the reasons she set found not gulity of murder.

Sorry, I read that the wrong way.

Scott Peterson was convicted on nothing but circumstantial evidence, and Casey also had a trail of blood that literally ran into her car.

BTW, don't take this as me saying OJ didn't do it.

While most of here on the boards are smart enough this was not the most important news story around, the majority of Americans and even tv viewers overseas was really into it. For instance HLN(CNN Headline News)and "True TV"(formerly Court TV)which provided almost wall-wall coverage of this case had their normal TV ratings double according to other website/nielsen.

Also IMO it helps that a fairly attractive young White Woman in her mid-20's (hate to bring the race thing up)getting accused of murder was a 'real life' reality tv show. This was the most covered murder case in several years since maybe Scott Paterson.

Yet you have a civil war in Libya, Americans soliders all over the world among news that been largely igroned by the mainstream media.

If Casey Anthony was overweight or an unattractive person of color i.e Black/Hispanic Woman I doubt this case gets this much national/international attention. Guys I never bring this race/infortainment view unless I beleive it's real. What you guys think?

I would say Casey killed her own daughter. If someone drowns you don't usually find blood on them, and not to mention the fact that it looked like the Caylee was buried like someone did murder her. I do believe that she was guilty of killing her own daughter. There is enough evidence including from the car to point out that she did something to her daughter. If her daughter did drown then why won't she get help? Plus her words were all over the place. It's like she is mentally challenged or has some disorder or something. I won't find that hard to believe that she went crazy and killed her own daughter. Ladies & Gentlemen I believe that she deserves to go to the chair and get fried, and you know it.

The most effed up aftermath I can see stemming from all this is Casey hiring a publicist and they write a book and make a movie, and she becomes filthy rich with royalties. Gotta love double jeopardy....

Archived