A set of R44 on the 207st scrap line

R33WF

They are going to get cut up. Reefing program is history.

Cut up?

What about the asbestos?

Do you know the reason of the reef program? Because it would cost NYCT more money to remove the asbestos than they would get for the scrap value of each individual car.

Since the reef program is history, the cars will be disposed of some other way. Once NYCT finds a taker, whatever happens is of no matter to NYCT. If cut up, it won't be done anywhere near here.

Retired PATH cars have been trucked to Ohio, M1's were sent to Mexico We'll see what happens to the R44's and for that matter the NH M2's. I'm hearing the car bodies will go to a landfill, but not around here.

Was there a misspell? Like Lead poisoning.

Those cars dont have lead in them and you don't know what your talking about, that's what's so funny.

Also, the last I heard what that the cars would be trucked out to New Jersey and they would be cut up there. They were supposed to open a contract in May, then June, and now I hear August sooo, yea.

So they are going to the Naporano scrapyard? If that's the case shoot I didn't think Naporano still scrapped rail equipment.

The last I heard, that's where there going. Again, this was supposed to happen already, but of course it hasn't.

With "horses" or a diesel.

Cut up?

What about the asbestos?

Do you know the reason of the reef program? Because it would cost NYCT more money to remove the asbestos than they would get for the scrap value of each individual car.

Since the reef program is history, the cars will be disposed of some other way. Once NYCT finds a taker, whatever happens is of no matter to NYCT. If cut up, it won't be done anywhere near here.

Retired PATH cars have been trucked to Ohio, M1's were sent to Mexico We'll see what happens to the R44's and for that matter the NH M2's. I'm hearing the car bodies will go to a landfill, but not around here.

Those cars dont have lead in them and you don't know what your talking about, that's what's so funny.

Also, the last I heard what that the cars would be trucked out to New Jersey and they would be cut up there. They were supposed to open a contract in May, then June, and now I hear August sooo, yea.

Thank god for you two! People that knows what they are talking about.

Archived