Favorite "stop requested" sound?!

MiXxDiDdY

What's everybody's favorite "stop requested" sound on an NJT bus?!

1. The "ding" sound from the Flxibles/Nova A's (1995-96)/Volvo Artics

2. The "beep" sound from the Nova B's (1999-2000)/Neoplan Artics

3. The "Stop Requested" voice from the NABIs

?!?!

I like the one from the Nova Bs and Neoplans.

Also, I like the ring on the MCIs and the dong on the HBLR LRVs. I've recently been told that the Newark LRVs had their announcements were changed including the stop request when pressed, "STOP REQUEST ACTIVATED".

i like the Stop Requested from the NABI's more even though that failed on me since one day i was on the 90 and the driver had the AC on way to high and i pressed it getting ready to get off and he passed my stop so sad that he somehow never heard Stop Requested :P

personally, the NABI bell is a distraction when the PA is announcing what street and transfer. The B/O needs to pay attention to the LCD lights to make sure that the stop was requested. I had a few incidents where I had to pay more attention to that bell. But, I like the MCI bell more than the NABI. They should put that on the NABI's, IMO, especially when the PA is making it's announcements. No one driving a MCI, as long as I know, ever missed a stop with that bell. One thing, the wheelchair bell on a NABI reminds me of closing door sound on a MTA or PATH subway train. I like that sound.

personally, the NABI bell is a distraction when the PA is announcing what street and transfer. The B/O needs to pay attention to the LCD lights to make sure that the stop was requested. I had a few incidents where I had to pay more attention to that bell. But, I like the MCI bell more than the NABI. They should put that on the NABI's, IMO, especially when the PA is making it's announcements. No one driving a MCI, as long as I know, ever missed a stop with that bell. One thing, the wheelchair bell on a NABI reminds me of closing door sound on a MTA or PATH subway train. I like that sound.

I get so annoyed with the MCI ding that sometimes I dont even hear it when it goes off l0l. It really becomes annoying when you have stops every other block.

"Hmmm. It kinda surprises me how many people like the NABI's "Stop Requested" voice. Don't get me wrong, it's okay with me too. But I personally prefer the "ding" sound from the Flxibles and Nova As."

The Stop Request Bells on the MCI sound similar to the Gillig Low Floors.

• 2 months later...

Archived