R42 On the (C) in Service!!!

tvega961

1) This is NOT EXCLUSIVE , the R42s have been on the (C) before... Last time 2009.

2) When was this taken, was it in service and why was it there?

3) Great Catch!

If you ask me that's pretty exclusive, so your also saying that something like a R62 on the (4) would not be exclusive, just because its been on there before?

If you ask me that's pretty exclusive, so your also saying that something like a R62 on the (4) would not be exclusive, just because its been on there before?

If it is Exclusive, then it would be something never spotted before and posted on online Rob. This isnt exclusive as its already been posted on Youtube before.

Plus the use of Exclusive will piss some people off...

Just because the R42s have not been seen on the (C) for 2 years, doesnt mean the word Exclusive should be used.. "Special" would do even better then that word.

It's possible R42s might be moving over to the (C) while R32s are moved to the (J)/(Z) lines. That's pretty much a theory there. That is a very awesome catch especially since the train has ten cars.

I dont think thats the reason, I dont see a point of the R32s being moved to the (J)/(Z) if the R32s have A/C problems.

If it is Exclusive, then it would be something never spotted before and posted on online Rob. This isnt exclusive as its already been posted on Youtube before.

Plus the use of Exclusive will piss some people off...

Just because the R42s have not been seen on the (C) for 2 years, doesnt mean the word Exclusive should be used.. "Special" would do even better then that word.

Lol.....well if you dont like it, go do something about it! It's not always about who was the first to get it or anything. It's not a stupid race or competition, I keep blurting this shit out each and every time. If you dont like it, go call the foamer police. Now you're gonna make rules for a trend I started a lil over 3 years ago, man go sit down somewhere, leave the kid alone because it's not that serious. I think its pretty cool of him catching this!

To tvega961 : Excellent catch! Though this makes me wonder how the C/Rs are positioned in their cars since last time around, there was some issue with the R40M/R42s that had them stop all the way at the front of the platform instead of the middle (technically 8 car mark)

@ Shane...when the R40s and R42s were on the (C) the conductor was positioned at the 5/3 position (five cara from the front, three from the back, but you probably know that)...this is a 10 car set so the conductor would becat the 5/5 mark.

Lol.....well if you dont like it, go do something about it! It's not always about who was the first to get it or anything. It's not a stupid race or competition, I keep blurting this shit out each and every time. If you dont like it, go call the foamer police. Now you're gonna make rules for a trend I started a lil over 3 years ago, man go sit down somewhere, leave the kid alone because it's not that serious. I think its pretty cool of him catching this!

To tvega961 : Excellent catch! Though this makes me wonder how the C/Rs are positioned in their cars since last time around, there was some issue with the R40M/R42s that had them stop all the way at the front of the platform instead of the middle (technically 8 car mark)

I dont why your bsing now, because TBH, if someone else were to post it, im pretty sure you would end up bashing.. I bet if I posted it Exclusive, lets see what comes out... Especially since your the one who mostly uses it, so how about you sit down instead of telling me that..

I never mentioned you Shane anywhere..

Do I care if is worded Exclusive? No. Im wording that it would BEST not for it to be used....... If he wants to use it feel free.. But i know you will be the first crying out loud over the word.

Lets see what ill pull out next time...........

I dont why your bsing now, because TBH, if someone else were to post it, im pretty sure you would end up bashing.. I bet if I posted it Exclusive, lets see what comes out... Especially since your the one who mostly uses it, so how about you sit down instead of telling me that..

I never mentioned you Shane anywhere..

Do I care if is worded Exclusive? No. Im not wording that it would BEST not for it to be used.......

Lets see what ill pull out next time...........

Very funny, paranoia/speculation/rumors runs rampant huh :(

As for that 2nd part, you obviously cared enough to go on a rant in this thread! Like I said, leave the kid alone!

@ Shane...when the R40s and R42s were on the (C) the conductor was positioned at the 5/3 position (five cara from the front, three from the back, but you probably know that)...this is a 10 car set so the conductor would becat the 5/5 mark.

Thanks, I didnt know how to word the position situation clearly lol.

Very funny, paranoia runs rampant huh :(

As for that 2nd part, you obviously cared enough to go on a rant in this thread! Like I said, leave the kid alone!

Ok you can do the same yourself when other people uses Exclusive.. :(

You pick on others a well sir..

1) This is NOT EXCLUSIVE , the R42s have been on the (C) before... Last time 2009.

2) When was this taken, was it in service and why was it there?

3) Great Catch!

It is a exclusive because yes people have caught 8 car trains but no 10 car (C) trains in service.

Actually a 10 car train of R42s will align with the C/R board perfectly because the 5 & 6th cars are B cabs. But with a 8 car train of R42s stopping at the 8 car marker the ends with the cab would align with the C/R board. Since the R42 cabs do not have C/R controls in the cabs and only the B cabs can be used.

It is a exclusive because yes people have caught 8 car trains but no 10 car (C) trains in service.

Actually a 10 car train of R42s will align perfectly because the 5 & 6th cars are B cabs. But with a 8 car train of R42s stopping at the 8 car marker the ends with the cab would align with the C/R board. Since the R42 cabs do not have C/R controls in the cabs.

Well it does make sense i guess.. Tho im still wondering for why that set is there.

That was then, this is now. Get your head out of the past!

uh huh.. Yeah now lets not kill the thread over a word, ty...

uh huh.. Yeah now lets not kill the thread over a word, ty...

Practice what you preach, buddy.

Actually a 10 car train of R42s will align with the C/R board perfectly because the 5 & 6th cars are B cabs. But with a 8 car train of R42s stopping at the 8 car marker the ends with the cab would align with the C/R board. Since the R42 cabs do not have C/R controls in the cabs and only the B cabs can be used.

Yeah, LRG explained that to me. I havent been all train-savvy as of late.

I wonder if anything went out to the East in exchange...

Good question. Could you imagine what could be going through the minds of some folk right now? "OMG R32s ON THE (J) OR R143 THIS/THAT!"

Though I would admit, it would be pretty damn interesting to see an R143 out on the (J) line (which would likely never happen).

that 42 was not in service. it was a school car doing road ops. they keep people in the middle and last car to make sure noone climbs on. i'm sure people also saw the 160 that has been going to bedford park on a weekly basis.

Archived