LFW Gen-III

C40LFR

This bus is not really doing it for me. This bus looks like all the others. Nothing real original here. This bus would probably look better in person though. Don't forget that these are just renderings and that the actual models will have some changes(Framed Windows, door/Window layout, etc) according to the agency's specs.

This bus is not really doing it for me. This bus looks like all the others. Nothing real original here. This bus would probably look better in person though. Don't forget that these are just renderings and that the actual models will have some changes(Framed Windows, door/Window layout, etc) according to the agency's specs.

Ditto, I guess we'll have to wait for APTA to come around for a good look at the bus (if it shows up).

If it is there I will get some pictures, should be a hell of a show!! LACMTA also asked NABI for a 40' composite bus, don't know where that stands.

NO. NO more NABI's. When the already-old D40LFs, C40LFs, and Neoplans go, LACMTA will be 100% NABI except for the South Bay's Orion VI's. We need another manufacturer. Why doesn't LACMTA look at New Flyer? or any other bus manufacturer for that matter?

NO. NO more NABI's. When the already-old D40LFs, C40LFs, and Neoplans go, LACMTA will be 100% NABI except for the South Bay's Orion VI's. We need another manufacturer. Why doesn't LACMTA look at New Flyer? or any other bus manufacturer for that matter?

The simple answer to that (not saying it is right or not) is that NABI is a fantastic partner to them. If you look at the RFP's LACMTA is not looking for the lowest bid, but the better partnerships. With a huge facility up near the Inland Empire service is not an issue, add to that the Metro 45C, and the 42 and 60 BRT's have a good performance record. Big Blue just went all NABI because NFI left something to be desired, and the 40LFW in that livery is sweet!! Let's see who gets the 700 CNG contract now being reviewed, but it will depend on partnership, not price, as a deciding factor. May the best deal win!!

• 2 weeks later...

You will be happy to learn that it looks like LACMTA will purchase 700 C40LFR's

• 2 months later...

As of last week the LACMTA has decided todelay the purchase of 700 40' CNG buses till 2013, however since they stood to lose a ton of federal money they will purchase a total of 150 additional Metro 45C (100 2011 and 50 early 2012)!!

http://www.metro.net/board/Items/2011/12_December/20111215RBMItem54.pdf

• 3 weeks later...

The 45C is a very well built bus. I've been impressed by them, and they have a sexy design. I am happy LACMTA brought back this bus. The 45C was discontinued in 2005 then brought back when LACMTA ordered more. My guess was the original 100 2004 45C-LFW units currently used for Rapid Service performed very well and proved themselves and they bought more in 2008.

My guess the reason for the discount was to keep the 45C in production, as, sadly, LACMTA was and is the only agency that wasn't too much of a wussy to purchase a composite bus. I reallly wish more cities would by these....these are great buses.

The 45C is a very well built bus. I've been impressed by them, and they have a sexy design. I am happy LACMTA brought back this bus. The 45C was discontinued in 2005 then brought back when LACMTA ordered more. My guess was the original 100 2004 45C-LFW units currently used for Rapid Service performed very well and proved themselves and they bought more in 2008.

My guess the reason for the discount was to keep the 45C in production, as, sadly, LACMTA was and is the only agency that wasn't too much of a wussy to purchase a composite bus. I reallly wish more cities would by these....these are great buses.

Don't give up just yet, I spoke to an old friend at Valley Transit and I think they may go back to the Metro 45C in 2013 when they will put out an RFP for the 45C-LFW's now in service to be replaced. At the present time their best in field buses are the 45C-LFW, and the NABI 60BRT, which has been requiring a third the downtime of the New Flyer 60LFA.

Don't give up just yet, I spoke to an old friend at Valley Transit and I think they may go back to the Metro 45C in 2013 when they will put out an RFP for the 45C-LFW's now in service to be replaced. At the present time their best in field buses are the 45C-LFW, and the NABI 60BRT, which has been requiring a third the downtime of the New Flyer 60LFA.

Thats is correct. I'm actually making a 45C thread and im going to merge these posts into it. The more i look into this bus, the more facinating I find it.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived