Bus Roadeo 2008

UlmerPark B6

I can't wait. I'll be there Saturday and Sunday for the Pull out when they all go back to their respective depots. Does anyone know if it's better to drive, or go by MTA???

I would take ride the MTA. Get to Kings Plaza and take the shuttle bus if they even do have on this year. I would imagine anyway. (I stupidly walked to where the roadeo was from the first stop in Brooklyn on the Q35 after the bridge and didn't even realize there was a shuttle bus until I was trying go back to get the Q35)

So I'll be seeing ya that saturday?

I would take ride the MTA. Get to Kings Plaza and take the shuttle bus if they even do have on this year. I would imagine anyway. (I stupidly walked to where the roadeo was from the first stop in Brooklyn on the Q35 after the bridge and didn't even realize there was a shuttle bus until I was trying go back to get the Q35)

So I'll be seeing ya that saturday?

I was thinking that too. May as well catch the bus. Gas it too high, and there will be nowhere to park. And yes, you'll be seeing me on Sat. I'll have on a white tee with a big ENY logo on it.

Yooooooooooooooo I wanna go!!!!

Where is floyd bennet field @?

What can you and do you do at the rodeo?

And if I go I'm Chill with You ENY! Ok

Lol... Thats cool dude. It's south Brooklyn in Mill basin, just south of Kings Plaza. Theres lot's to see more so than do. All the depots will bring their best buses, there will be contests between drivers, all the pbl buses will be there in original paint. Lots of bus stuff. I'll be there all day both days. What subway line are you near? You can take the (2) or (5) to BK College, take to Q35 to the field, or B41 to Kings Plaza, then the Shuttle.

Heres some clips from last years MTAB roadeo.

Videos Courtesy my boy Ray of TTMG

My favorite RTS CNG

The best looking Triboro bus ever

I was thinking that too. May as well catch the bus. Gas it too high, and there will be nowhere to park. And yes, you'll be seeing me on Sat. I'll have on a white tee with a big ENY logo on it.

LOL! Ight, I'll remember to look out for someone with that.

You can take the (2) or (5) to BK College, take to Q35 to the field, or B41 to Kings Plaza, then the Shuttle.
Actually, I wouldn't take the Q35 because remember, I had like the longest of walks to get where the actual roadeo is, lol. Just take anything to Kings Plaza, B41 or Q35, whatever from Brooklyn College to Kings Plaza. From there take the shuttle.

Does anybody know what bus they use for the shuttle? Do they borrow an RTS from flatbush being that its like two blocks away from kings plaza LOL.
It might be an MCI, thats what was used last year.

DSC02204.jpg

(Picture taken while walking trying to get to roadeo.....)

Just look out for a bus that has the destination sign reading 'Special Event'.

IIRC the NYCT Bus Roadeos in 2005-2007 ran from 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM each day.

You guys probably know this, but this year the MTAB and NYCT Roadeos will be combined into a single event on 6/21-6/22.

For those who have not yet attended one, I sincerely recommend it.

For bus fans, there is a lot to see and do: check out select members of the Vintage Bus Fleet (not all of them are displayed, but there are always a few; maybe the MTAB historical buses will be on display,too), see the latest buses on display (so spotless that you'd think you were at the NY Auto Show), ride an antique bus on one of the aircraft runways at Floyd Bennett Field, see the B/O's out the RTS's through their paces in the Roadeo obstacle course.

Military aviation buffs can visit the adjacent museum in an old hangar, and model RR fans can see the Brooklyn Model Railroad Club working their huge, elaborate layout.

It is a very cool, family type event with lots of friendly people who like buses.

Archived