New Jersey Transit/Private Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

The TransitMan

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok while i was in downtown today waiting for the 43 going down Raymond Blvd. to Penn Station i see a Coach USA Nabi on the 44 of course and i have to say that i couldn't catch the number of it since i was to far but damn it looked awesome.

Man, youre so lucky! Cant wait to eventually see one on the 24/31.

Man, youre so lucky! Cant wait to eventually see one on the 24/31.

I guess i am haha but i wonder what numbers would they use when they actually get them.

Not sure why are they using them on the 44 only right now or maybe they're using it on the 12 also but who knows because i never spotted one on the 24 or 31.

"They might just use the same number pattern as the rest of the NJT NABI's just with "3" in front of it (like instead of just 6100, it'd be 36100, etc). Kinda how they did with the Novas.

This might sound weird but I really cant wait to see how the 24/44/31 look with orange LED destination signs. Lol I been seeein them with just the green flipdots for so long"

"They might just use the same number pattern as the rest of the NJT NABI's just with "3" in front of it (like instead of just 6100, it'd be 36100, etc). Kinda how they did with the Novas.

This might sound weird but I really cant wait to see how the 24/44/31 look with orange LED destination signs. Lol I been seeein them with just the green flipdots for so long"

Well, the R&Ts and the one(s) in service with Newark Airport Express don't have the 3 in front like the Novas, but that could change. This is Coach USA after all.

Stand By for new buses. Baby NABI's are arriving.

nabitransitbus.jpg

Stand By for new buses. Baby NABI's are arriving.

nabitransitbus.jpg

What i'm trying to wonder why out of all the numbers would they use 62? lmao when its not going over there and its like hell let them use one on that route it would of gotten so full from Penn Station that it would of skipped Broad and Market St.

I thought i should share this.

While i was on the 31 in downtown and when the bus was passing Washington St. i happen to look to the left and i see a Nova on the 66.

I couldn't see what the number was for that bus but i'm going to guess that a Nabi broke down and they sent a Nova from Orange for them to use.

I don't want to start a thread about this, and this thread seems more fit for some questions I want to ask:

1. Are there any Flxibles today in NJ Transit (in-service, stored, preserved, etc...)

2. What are routes GO25 and GO28? What is GO?

I don't want to start a thread about this, and this thread seems more fit for some questions I want to ask:

1. Are there any Flxibles today in NJ Transit (in-service, stored, preserved, etc...)

2. What are routes GO25 and GO28? What is GO?

There are no Flxible buses in NJT. 99% were destroyed when the NABI's came. Some were brought at the scrapyard before destruction and saved for historical purposes by outside organizations not related to NJT.

GO Bus is a Rapid Bus Service, where the bus services specific bus stops and those stops ONLY. Passengers enter in the front and leave in the back. GO 25 is a cousin of the 25 bus route, with service during the rush hour periods. GO28 is a nearly 24 hour bus service with service to Newark Airport to Downtown Newark, with service on Springfield Avenue.

GO Bus is NJT owned and operated using specific NJT Buses to service the routes, instead of using any bus for the Go routes.

Edited by SirJokaPlaya

while we are on the subject of GO Bus

does anybody know when the NOVAs on the GO 25 will be replaced by NABIs?

I was wondering this too. Will they order more suburban NABIs to replace the suburban Novas used on the GO 25 or just steal a couple from another garage?!

I was wondering this too. Will they order more suburban NABIs to replace the suburban Novas used on the GO 25 or just steal a couple from another garage?!

No more Suburbans are coming. My guess is they will use the other NABI's that are coming in soon and have those buses with the GoBus Wrap on them. Or just maybe trade some Suburbans for Transits for Hilton.

No more Suburbans are coming. My guess is they will use the other NABI's that are coming in soon and have those buses with the GoBus Wrap on them. Or just maybe trade some Suburbans for Transits for Hilton.

Yea, if no more suburbans are coming in, then they'll probably trade. They use suburban Novas on that route, so I cant see them using transit NABIs as replacements lol. The question is, from where tho?!

Yea, if no more suburbans are coming in, then they'll probably trade. They use suburban Novas on that route, so I cant see them using transit NABIs as replacements lol. The question is, from where tho?!

Why not? Who says the GO25 has to be on Suburbans? Besides, that's a rush hour service down Bloomfield Avenue, where that street really needs express bus service. If the neighborhood wasn't so crappy, they might have gotten Metro D's Suburbans when they were available. Yet, and this might sound bad, but Newark, Irvington, Bloomfield, Maplewood: Those towns are not Disneyland. Not safe, history of violence, history of robberies on NJT buses when the 107 and 108 took cash, now fareboxes. The same thing that happened in Philadelphia with the 400, 403, 459, and 463 after reported incidents of robberies, even on NBC10 Philly News when a B/O talked to reporters. It's funny that out of all the NYC lines that NJT have, only 5 are Exact Fare: 107, 108, 123, 125, and 126 (Though 123, 125, and 126 can use MCI's if necessary because I have done and seen all three use MCI's before).

BTW, I made an error on a previous post: GO25 services Springfield Avenue while the GO28 services Bloomfield Avenue. Sorry.