In the '48, Who was 13 and 14?

The Real

In the second pic, the place looks way too old and dark to be zerega. I would think that's one of the new flyer facilities in Canada close to the US/NY border

Something along the lines of that, just not in Canada, LOL!

Oh i thought that was zerega , my bad .

So much for them being at QV.....

Actually incorrect, they are QV assigned by database, they are just at the Vendor for a little bit of re-work before going out into service. 4810 should be joining these buses at the service center at some point since it has not received the upgrades these units (4813, 14, 15 and 16) are receiving. There is also several Orion 7s and 2 MCIs inside this service center as well for work.

North Eastern Satellite Facility @ JFK. The only reason 4813 is still there is because the plates and registration weren't ready. That bus is ready to go. In my opinion the Nova LFS will not be selected if anyone in their right mind is making the choice...fuel tank leaks...the driveshaft on 8061 broke off of the bus!!! Non-responsive steering at times...No leg room...only 32 seats. The XD40 has 38 seats and a whole lot of room for standees so clearly the question is XD or NG.

North Eastern Satellite Facility @ JFK. The only reason 4813 is still there is because the plates and registration weren't ready. That bus is ready to go. In my opinion the Nova LFS will not be selected if anyone in their right mind is making the choice...fuel tank leaks...the driveshaft on 8061 broke off of the bus!!! Non-responsive steering at times...No leg room...only 32 seats. The XD40 has 38 seats and a whole lot of room for standees so clearly the question is XD or NG.

Actually 4813, 4814, 4815 and 4816 were all there...all plated with registrations and fareboxes. (see photos in original post). These buses all went through Zerega first to get their plates and regs or they would not have been street legal to move down to the NESF. NESF just does contract maintenance for the MTA as there was Orion 7 HEVs and MCIs at the facility as well. NESF is not responsible for plating, registrations and farebox installment. These buses are also databased at Queens Village so when these mechanical adjustments are completed, they will be going straight to QV. The remaining coaches are having these adjustments made at New Flyer before delivery.

I spoke to the gentleman in charge, they are making last minute adjustments on various mechanical parts of the coaches at the request of the MTA. This has also delayed the delivery of other coaches.

4814 had been sitting at NESF since October 6th.

Actually 4813, 4814, 4815 and 4816 were all there...all plated with registrations and fareboxes. (see photos in original post). These buses all went through Zerega first to get their plates and regs or they would not have been street legal to move down to the NESF. NESF just does contract maintenance for the MTA as there was Orion 7 HEVs and MCIs at the facility as well. NESF is not responsible for plating, registrations and farebox installment. These buses are also databased at Queens Village so when these mechanical adjustments are completed, they will be going straight to QV. The remaining coaches are having these adjustments made at New Flyer before delivery.

I spoke to the gentleman in charge, they are making last minute adjustments on various mechanical parts of the coaches at the request of the MTA. This has also delayed the delivery of other coaches.

4814 had been sitting at NESF since October 6th.

I sure hope that these last minute things that are being done to these buses don't make these buses worse when they hit the road. When can we expect these buses to finally be in passenger service?

I sure hope that these last minute things that are being done to these buses don't make these buses worse when they hit the road. When can we expect these buses to finally be in passenger service?

Latest intel is saying operator training is suppose to finally commence sometime this coming week, so probably in the next week to two weeks you'll start seeing these trickle into service.

To be truthfully honest, I see it being Orion. But then again, only time will truly tell. The evaluations won't be complete until the beginning of 2013 now. However, we will know who is on top long before then.

Archived