8006 is out of control with the 1-3 rule

sealteam1962

1-3 rule is b.s seems that after the 30 days are up after drug test everyone is getting the letter you were considered but not selected transit took are money:mad::tdown:

Like i was telling someone earlier this is a very stupid rule. Nothing about it makes any sense. Even when used on promotional lists I've yet to bump into any evidence that Transit uses it to weed out employees with less than stellar records. It's just so ridiculous, on promo they can go through 3 excellent employees and be forced to skip one and then further down the list be forced to promote some lazy humanoid, this scenario is totally realistic given the fact that Transit isn't required to tell us under what circumstance they use such thieving rules. On O/C lists, who knows how they handle it? Little to no work experience, criminal history, bad credit score, fired by a previous employer, bad dental records?? who the @!#$%! knows?? They don't even give you a reason. For that I believe some of you guys should get together and show this to someone that looks into these types of matters. I'd personally ask 2-3 lawyers. All of us on a waiting list should take this pretty dam seriously.

Like i was telling someone earlier this is a very stupid rule. Nothing about it makes any sense. Even when used on promotional lists I've yet to bump into any evidence that Transit uses it to weed out employees with less than stellar records. It's just so ridiculous, on promo they can go through 3 excellent employees and be forced to skip one and then further down the list be forced to promote some lazy humanoid, this scenario is totally realistic given the fact that Transit isn't required to tell us under what circumstance they use such thieving rules. On O/C lists, who knows how they handle it? Little to no work experience, criminal history, bad credit score, fired by a previous employer, bad dental records?? who the @!#$%! knows?? They don't even give you a reason. For that I believe some of you guys should get together and show this to someone that looks into these types of matters. I'd personally ask 2-3 lawyers. All of us on a waiting list should take this pretty dam seriously.

Transit is not required to disqualify one of three applicants.

The rule ONLY requires Transit to NOT disqualify three consecutive applicants on a list. There must be some cause for not considering someone.

Perhaps in Sealteam's case (speculating here) it had to do with his previous employment history at MTA. No one can know for sure except the person making the decision.

However there is NO rule stating that TA "must" disqualify one of every three people, even if they are "excellent"

Transit is not required to disqualify one of three applicants.

The rule ONLY requires Transit to NOT disqualify three consecutive applicants on a list. There must be some cause for not considering someone.

Perhaps in Sealteam's case (speculating here) it had to do with his previous employment history at MTA. No one can know for sure except the person making the decision.

However there is NO rule stating that TA "must" disqualify one of every three people, even if they are "excellent"

Thank you for clarifying, i appreciate it. However, the rule still remains slightly confusing because if that's the case then it's likely to be in effect at all times, but yet it isn't? It looks like it just boils down to a luck of the draw, either that or any ex MTA employee will never get another opportunity and Transit will not say why.

Thank you for clarifying, i appreciate it. However, the rule still remains slightly confusing because if that's the case then it's likely to be in effect at all times, but yet it isn't? It looks like it just boils down to a luck of the draw, either that or any ex MTA employee will never get another opportunity and Transit will not say why.
i sent letters spoke to someone now im going there,also the list is still giving drug tests and almost everyone now is getting the same letter after 3o days this is very fishy and not right::confused::mad::tdown::P

as i said was turned down for reasons unknown.so i sent a letter asking to be reinstated..it came back did not tell me why but had 3 possible reasons which did not apply to me 1 prior work history i broke my leg and got the flu had to be forced to resign i had doctors notes we get sick or hurt only human ???.2 criminal history i have none ?3 prior medical history im sure my leg is healed after 3 years.they are just getting rid of people so they can put out another bus operator test in jan 2012 to get more money and do the same b.s to everyone all over again it has turned into a lottery .:mad::tdown:

as i said was turned down for reasons unknown.so i sent a letter asking to be reinstated..it came back did not tell me why but had 3 possible reasons which did not apply to me 1 prior work history i broke my leg and got the flu had to be forced to resign i had doctors notes we get sick or hurt only human ???.2 criminal history i have none ?3 prior medical history im sure my leg is healed after 3 years.they are just getting rid of people so they can put out another bus operator test in jan 2012 to get more money and do the same b.s to everyone all over again it has turned into a lottery .:mad::tdown:

Seal the reason you were rejected was prior work history. Since you resigned in liu of termination the mta looks at this the same way as a termination . Even though you had

Documentation you were on probation so yes you got penalized for being human .

Had you been off probation you would have never been forced to resign .

Question has any other candidate for Bus operator get passed over and dropped from the list? for no reason? I haven't heard of any, but then again why would we. If TA checks and decides its hiring selection by utilizing 1-3 they still need to consider the top three in a row. The written test is the first step not the only step. The TA apparently has other steps they want you to clear

Employment history,criminal history or medical fitness among others as criteria for consideration for appointment, I don't think they're just taking our money, I think that they are just being selective and want the best qualified.

Question has any other candidate for Bus operator get passed over and dropped from the list? for no reason? I haven't heard of any, but then again why would we. If TA checks and decides its hiring selection by utilizing 1-3 they still need to consider the top three in a row. The written test is the first step not the only step. The TA apparently has other steps they want you to clear

Employment history,criminal history or medical fitness among others as criteria for consideration for appointment, I don't think they're just taking our money, I think that they are just being selective and want the best qualified.

yes there was only a handful of people that was on this forum with the same thing i am fully qualified for this job nothing hiding look there aint many that know about this forum that got the same letter including about 5 people my freinds also that aint on here just look at the facts how fast they went through this list well over 1200 plus and just a few classes with that said they aint doing the hiring process the correct way and since we send our money not to dcas any more just transit does not take a phd education to see they are taking our money.and another bus exam coming up go figure that .another exam do the same thing more money and they will keep doing this 1-3 rule which they dont even tell you what the decision was its b.s thats going on:mad:

The past employment is BS. What person hasnt been fired from a job or quit. Ive been fired from a couple. NJT didnt even check my employment history.

It's not that you've been fired or quit. The MTA wants the information on your application to match what they have on you. So your best bet is to not lie about anything as it will cost you dearly. So if you got terminated put it down on the application, if you resigned put it as well. There is no formal interviewer with the employment process of nycta, so you won't have to explain yourself if you're selected for employment.

The list is good till Aug. 2013, I bet they will extend it or use it concurrently with

the next list. I seem to remember them doing that with the last one. That expands there pool of qualified people. Although I haven't seen any announcement for the next exam on DCAS, someone said they are giving it in 2012 or would that be posted on MTA site ? either way it seems TA makes the the decision on hiring.

So Will, when you hand in the 21 page application, do they just check it over to make sure you fully answered it and that is it? If I had a problem at my last job ( I was asked to resign) and fully disclose it in the notes page, are they going to start questioning me about it? My application is 100% honest so I'm not hiding anything.

• 2 weeks later...
The list is good till Aug. 2013, I bet they will extend it or use it concurrently with

the next list. I seem to remember them doing that with the last one. That expands there pool of qualified people. Although I haven't seen any announcement for the next exam on DCAS, someone said they are giving it in 2012 or would that be posted on MTA site ? either way it seems TA makes the the decision on hiring.

they are not even doing the hiring like they use to like i said me and many others were fully qualified for bus operator they are just giving hundreds of people a letter you were considered but not selected .i went by livings street last week there were 4 people outside saying they wont let them up to complain about the letter they got this is getting to be a big money maker now for mta they will keep on doing this now with bus operator testing since dcas dont handle it anymore they are robbing our money :mad::tdown: i hope they get investigated for this scam

• 2 weeks later...

It is the general rule for all government agency. I scored in the top 3 for the promotion in the DMV and they passed me all the way to someone who scored a 75, so they could be reach. It is pure bs. The 5 new supervisors I have now. scored lower than me on the test, less time on the job, but they're bowling buddies with the regional director. The mother F*CKERS were in the same bowling team! So it doesn't matter where you go, private sector or public sector. It all comes down to who you know, and who you can brown nose.

I say report this to your senators and congressman/woman. maybe there can be a investigation into this matter. Complain about it here just vents your frustration but does nothing. Here is some contact information to get the ball rolling.

Senators | New York State Senate

Directory of Representatives · House.gov

Senator Charles E. Schumer

Kirsten Gillibrand - United States Senator for New York: Services

Archived