Subway - What If?

VWM

There's no need to suspend the E. Just run them down 6th av, switch at W4th and end as normal to WTC and probably suspend the M at Essex.

Metro: does the switch affect just the E? Ie: can either A and/or C trains pass thru normally?

I was going for the middle track from the lower triggering some kind of chain reaction of all three components on that set alone, actually. It would only be temporary,  a whole day. I think I agree with Quill's arrangement.

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Then I rise up from the Ashes and rule the MTA with an iron fist....

(G) becomes full length

Fish the R38s out the water, clean them and run them on the (4)

Everything runs on 5 minute headways at all times

The R32s get the boor and get replaced by more R143s...we bully Kawasaki to build more

...sorry, I couldn't help it lol

And bring back The older RTS's, Orion V's and return MTA LIBus!

What am i doing???? Im being like all of you! I just came back from a break of trains and its been 13 Months since  last posted! But if you dont want me here fine. Ill tend to my own threads.. :(

I'm sorry, but your posting What If's that are not really par. I'd suggest putting more time into making them. I suggest you use the NYC Subway Track Maps:

http://nycsubway.org/wiki/New_York_City_Subway_Track_Maps

Then there is less service to Jamaica. Jamaica riders take the (M) to the (J), instead of the (E).

Lot more people takes the E, you can't just sign them up as extra Fs either. If people need the M, they can take the F to Delancy-Essex like they always did. Plus anytime there's something really wrong, the M on 6th av is usually among the first to get suspended.

I wanted to do one so let me try:

Due to a Major Occupy Wall St. protest with countless thousands blocking ways to enter/exit the subway/buses and its uncontrollable, all trains/buses under Chambers Street are rerouted......Who can reroute this?

Last Stops:

(1)(2)(3)  - Chambers Street

(A)(C)(E)  - Canal Street

(J)(Z)(6)  - Canal Street

(R)  - Canal Street

(4)(5)  - 14 Street (Brooklyn Bridge Station is blocked)

Remember all tracks after these stops are not passable

Edited by Transit2010

I wanted to do one so let me try:

Due to a Major Occupy Wall St. protest with countless thousands blocking ways to enter/exit the subway/buses and its uncontrollable, all trains/buses under Chambers Street are rerouted......Who can reroute this?

Last Stops:

1/2/3  - Chambers Street

A/C/E  - Canal Street

J/Z/6  - Canal Street

R  - Canal Street

4/5  - 14 Street (Brooklyn Bridge Station is blocked)

Remember all tracks after these stops are not passable

This assumes the (C) is all R-32s and those cars can be borrowed temporarily by other lines:

(A) and (E) both operate on the express track in Manhattan and terminate at 34th Street-Penn Station with LIMITED service to and from 14th Street (both express tracks are used in both directions between those stations for such trains).

(A) also runs in Brooklyn as a local from High Street-Lefferts Boulevard, Queens.

Special Shuttle operates on the express tracks from Broadway Junction-Howard Beach (this assumes Far Rockaway service has NOT resumed).

(C) is suspended.

(J) is re-routed after Essex Street via the (M) to West 4th Street and then via the (C), replacing it to 168th Street (using equipment from the (C) on a temporary basis as needed).  For (A) stations between Jay Street-Lefferts Boulevard or Howard Beach, please take the re-routed (J) train OR from 14th Street, the (L) to Broadway Junction.

Single-track shuttle operates from Essex Street-Canal Street.

(Q) is re-routed in Queens to 71st-Continental to replace the (R) in Queens and runs normal in Manhattan.

Extra (N) service replaces the (Q) between Ditmars Boulevard and Lexington Avenue.

(R) runs in Brooklyn ONLY between 95th Street and Jay Street-Metrotech with LIMITED service to Court Street-Borough Hall.

(1) runs 242nd Street, Bronx-Chambers Street, Manhattan

(2) runs in two sections:

241st Street-Wakefield, Bronx-Chambers Street, Manhattan (local Times Square-Chambers Street)

Borough Hall (4) platform-Flatbush Avenue in Brooklyn

Single-track shuttle trains operate on both local tracks between Borough Hall (2) / (3) platforms and Nevins Street in both directions.

(3) runs 14th Street to 148th Street-Lenox Terminal in Manhattan ONLY!!

(4) and (6) run on the local track in Manhattan between 125th Street and Grand Central, where they terminate.

(4) also runs in Brooklyn from Borough Hall-New Lots Avenue.

(5) runs 86th Street, Manhattan-Dyre Avenue, Bronx ONLY!!

Edited by Wallyhorse

(J) via CPW local... not out of the way at ALL. Also, why not suspend the (3) and use the (2) instead.

Combo of the (J) and (C).  I clearly noted that the (J) would borrow cars from the (C) as needed for this (assuming the (C) was all-R32s as I also noted at the beginning).  Easier to suspend the (C) and have the (J) replace it (though that also could be done the other way with the (C) replacing the (J) to Jamaica Center).

I also use both the (2) and (3) with the (1) in this, very similar to the post-9/11 setup (with the obvious except of the (1) and (2) continuing to Brooklyn as the (2) would be split). 

Good luck with (J) to 168th, my friend.

NEXT: Due to Wally's unrealistic solution, passengers have fainted onto the tracks in the following places:

Essex Street (J)(M)(Z)

42nd Street-Bryant Park (B)(D)(F)(M)

All tracks @ these stations are affected. Good luck.

(B) trains run via 8th Ave and Fulton locals to Euclid, to help with lack of (J) service to Manhattan

(D) trains run in two sections, 205th (via 8th Ave Express) to Canal Street and 34th-HSQ to Coney Island

(F) trains run in two sections, Jamaica-179 to 47-50th Sts/Rock Ctr and 34th-HSQ to Coney Island

(M) trains run in two sections, 34th to 2nd Ave and Marcy to Metro Ave

(J) trains run in two sections, Jamaica Ctr to Marcy and Essex to Brighton Beach (replacing (B) service)

(Z) trains suspeneded

(Q) SELECT trains run via Queens Blvd Local to 71st

B39 buses run every 5 minutes

Edited by Quill Depot

I'll give another shot...

There is a Power Outage At Grand Central. There is no LIRR,MN,(S),(4),(5) or (6) trains.

EDIT: Including the (7) also. What is the reroute?

(4)...Bronx to 59 St express

(5)...Bronx shuttle

(6)...Bronx to 59 St local

(7)...Main St to Vernon-Jackson

(S)...use the M42 upstairs

For Bowling Green-59 St, use the (N) or (R)

NEXT: A blizzard has struck the city. The Broadway Line (the 1) is impassible north of Dyckman. The White Plains Road and Dyre lines are impassable north of Intervale Ave. This needs an immediate plan!

(1) No trains north of 168th St

(2)(5) No trains north of 3rd Avenue

Hurricane Allison has hit New York and flooded the  (L) south of Broadway Junction. What are you going to do with this flooding catastrophe?

P.S. I don't care if the name Allison has been retired from the Atlantic hurricane names list.

(L) suspended between Myrtle and Rockaway Parkway. (S) between Myrtle and Broadway Junction, shuttle buses between Broadway Junction and Rockaway Parkway.

There is a stalled train at 137 St On the (1) Line. The Uptown Track , Downtown Track , and Yard are inpassable. What is the reroute

(1) South Ferry to Harlem - 148th Street

Expect Delays at this time.

Edited by RFC