what if MTA got NABI??? what would the buses be able to do??

qjtransitmaster

will the NABI buses be short enough to use the belt parkway beyond sheepshead bay between JFK and coney island?? I had a friend drive me there were no low bridges lower than 10''6 or low enough to block a bus. The MCI ones and prevosts are obviously too big but. Can RTS and NABI buses or even LF new novas use the belt up to JFK??

will the NABI buses be short enough to use the belt parkway beyond sheepshead bay between JFK and coney island?? I had a friend drive me there were no low bridges lower than 10''6 or low enough to block a bus. The MCI ones and prevosts are obviously too big but. Can RTS and NABI buses or even LF new novas use the belt up to JFK??

No buses can in that area. Its not even about the size but the bridge has a weight limit to it (I think 4 tons)

No matter what bus you buy, it can't do it if its over that weight limit

I'm sorry, but the title of your post sounds crazy! Most transit buses are similar in height depending on what's on the roof. As FP already said, its about weight now height.

If you wanted to know about the height of the buses, you would have been better off looking up the specs online.

The "what can it do" just made me lol.

well theres one bus that on the belt , its the b83 , it come on, on erskine and get off at pennsylvania one stop but all vechile over 3 tons must exit the belt parkway at exit 13 rockaway pkwy which is a exit after pennsylvania

Nothing over 3 tons can travel on the belt between Rockaway Pkwy & Flatbush Av

PERFECT THX now you gave me ideas on what can and can't be done on the belt looks like bus service via belt isn't impossible after all.

Unless your "bus" is one of them Ford vans, then you can kiss whatever plan you have goodbye cuz its not gonna work

I agree that bus on Belt Parkway wouldn't work.

When I was on School Bus on Belt Parkway before Low Bridge near Flatbush Av on westbound direction, we spotted trailer truck getting pulled over by NYPD or maybe highway patrol.

Slightly off-topic, little off-topic, this are videos I found School Bus with children and one of white school bus (training bus) driving illegal on Brooklyn Bridge, and white bus has front door open.

Unless your "bus" is one of them Ford vans, then you can kiss whatever plan you have goodbye cuz its not gonna work

to tell you the truth I was thinking about the dollar vans maybe they can run a belt express service who knows it may be profitable.

In addition the MTA remember what you said between Rockaway parkway and flatbush ave buses can't use belt that is what you said. Meaning the other segments can be used just not between those points. I know understand that point fully. meaning a bus can go between sheepshead bay and kings plaza or rockaway park vis belt as long as the leave at flatbush ave. A bus can go from gateway mall to canarsie pier but no further. A bus can go east of canarsie and even into queens so to speak. I even talked with a few B/Os to confirm this myself. It's possible as long as the bus doesn't use those forbidden zones between rockaway and flatbush due to weight restricted bridge. Also DH buses go on belt to sheepshead sometimes. Meaning a bus can use it from bay ridge to sheepshead bay coney island hospital.

I agree that bus on Belt Parkway wouldn't work.

When I was on School Bus on Belt Parkway before Low Bridge near Flatbush Av on westbound direction, we spotted trailer truck getting pulled over by NYPD or maybe highway patrol.

Slightly off-topic, little off-topic, this are videos I found School Bus with children and one of white school bus (training bus) driving illegal on Brooklyn Bridge, and white bus has front door open.

dude you act like I am stupid cmon I know the brooklyn bridge can't handle buses and I also know that there are parts of the belt that can't have buses however parts can east of rockaway parkway and west of flat bush that is good enough. Now stay with me here and post relevant info got it. cause as long as the weight limits are known that is good enough to know where it can go thus proving that impossible apparently isn't as impossible as you make it out to be. nuff said now take a good look at the traffic patterns then look at the restrictions and where they are placed. now you know what can and can't be done now try to think outside the box cause this status quo nonsense and limit talk is getting annoying its loser talk

Is this a topic about NABIs or other stuff? It appears we veered way off-topic.

How in the hell did this go from NABI to whether or not buses can go down the Belt?

This is just another one of his schemes to make a bus go on the highway

Archived