What would you think of an extension of the BX24?

TriboroughBridge

My Bx8/24 plan didn't get a great response. However, I do have some predictions for the Bx24:

1. If Councilman James Vacca moves up to a higher chair (such as Council Speaker or even Borough President or Mayor), he will demand for a Bx24 extension to Westchester Square.

If not, the Bx24 will result in one of the following:

2. Running every 45-60 minutes

3. Getting canned and the BxM9 gets extended north into Country Club as a compromise.

BUT Bxm9 will need to become OPEN-DOOR for that to work along with a new transfer policy for express buses

HMM interesting post good to know didn't know about Bx31 like that. OK what buses do BX21 use?? what bus goes to westchester sq without going through the projects???

The Bx21 comes from the same depot as the Bx31, West Farms. No bus goes to Westchester Square without going through projects. Another thing, stop trying to make express buses open door

That's because its true. They rejected the idea of having the revival of the Bx14 run back to Parkchester and hated the Bx8 with the loud buses + going outside their boundaries, hence why we have the Bx24 with one bus on the route every day from Pelham Bay to Country Club. If they didnt like these ideas, what makes you think they'll like the idea of the Bx24 going all the way to WPR or even East 180th? :P

These people will always complain about the BX24. They just want the BX14 back, like if thats gonna happen.

The only good solution I would do is combine the BX23/BX24 as one. But from post i heard, people in that snobby club doesn't get along with those in Co-Op.

OR Bx21??

As Cait said! They are also gonna want reduced service on the BX21 (Due to way too many buses), which can't happen as that route is HEAVILY used and it will make the route to long.

My Bx8/24 plan didn't get a great response. However, I do have some predictions for the Bx24:

1. If Councilman James Vacca moves up to a higher chair (such as Council Speaker or even Borough President or Mayor), he will demand for a Bx24 extension to Westchester Square.

3. Getting canned and the BxM9 gets extended north into Country Club as a compromise.

The Bx24 has one bus, so it doesn't make sense to run it less often than every 30 minutes.

The BxM9 going into Country Club wouldn't really help a lot of the riders, since they can't use it to go within The Bronx. However, if the Bx5 were brought back to Bruckner Blvd, that would somewhat serve their neighborhood.

As Cait said! They are also gonna want reduced service on the BX21 (Due to way too many buses), which can't happen as that route is HEAVILY used and it will make the route to long.

They could always short-turn some buses (I'm not supporting extending the Bx21 there, but I'm just saying that service on the route wouldn't have to be reduced if it were)

The Bx21 comes from the same depot as the Bx31, West Farms. No bus goes to Westchester Square without going through projects. Another thing, stop trying to make express buses open door

I said IF that happened BXM9 extension isn't my idea. Plus only a few express buses can become open-door none of em in SI though or bronx. Only 3 BM lines that don't have local bus alternatives one due to low off peak use. Queens as others have said off peak use is low plus changes to off-peak routing would have to be made before open door policy can work. As they are now it's impossible except 2 queens lines.

I said IF that happened BXM9 extension isn't my idea. Plus only a few express buses can become open-door none of em in SI though or bronx. Only 3 BM lines that don't have local bus alternatives one due to low off peak use. Queens as others have said off peak use is low plus changes to off-peak routing would have to be made before open door policy can work. As they are now it's impossible except 2 queens lines.

Open door Express routes...dude, this isnt New Jersey Transit...and do you know how incredibly stupid New Yorkers can be? There are some that blindly walk into Express Buses thinking its local...

Open door Express routes...dude, this isnt New Jersey Transit...and do you know how incredibly stupid New Yorkers can be? There are some that blindly walk into Express Buses thinking its local...

I know I saw it on the BM5. I said open door express would ONLY work if certain things were put in place and if transfer policy was modified. Otherwise it wouldn't work.

I saw NY stupidity first hand. Some asked if BM5 went to new lots!!!!!!!! We agree on something.

Plus it would only work on select routes anyway. But in peak direction it can't work however due to high volumes of ppl heading to manhattan at rush hr. However a relabeling to enhance visibility may need to be done. Like call em manhattan direct rather than express bus. This gives ppl the impression that there are lines that go direct to manhattan from where they are. Add all except SI lines to an updated subway map so more ppl know about em. Then at off peak realign some lines to enhance and consolidate ridership. I will tell some details later but it has to be thought out. Each line is different.

I know I saw it on the BM5. I said open door express would ONLY work if certain things were put in place and if transfer policy was modified. Otherwise it wouldn't work.

I saw NY stupidity first hand. Some asked if BM5 went to new lots!!!!!!!! We agree on something.

Plus it would only work on select routes anyway. But in peak direction it can't work however due to high volumes of ppl heading to manhattan at rush hr. However a relabeling to enhance visibility may need to be done. Like call em manhattan direct rather than express bus. This gives ppl the impression that there are lines that go direct to manhattan from where they are. Add all except SI lines to an updated subway map so more ppl know about em. Then at off peak realign some lines to enhance and consolidate ridership. I will tell some details later but it has to be thought out. Each line is different.

Got news for you.....

- Stupidity is thinking buses can go through barricades....

- Stupidity is talking about making NYC's express buses open door...

- Stupidity is believing "impressions" holds just as much water as the actual usage of a bus by REAL people....

- Stupidity is being told time & time again (not just with opinions, but with actual FACTS) as to why your ideas don't work... acknowledging them... and afterwards, STILL trying to convey & convince others on ways your ideas can work....

you're the type to come up with whatever combination of words possible to convince people that 2 + 2 is 5, after being tossed 2 pennies by 2 different people..... You don't know when to stand down, even when shown to be wrong.... That last paragraph of yours is the perfect example of that...

There's a point when stupidity surpasses shear stubbornness.....

You're the perfect example of that.

You continue to post actual ideas.... So much for just wanting data.....

1) he can demand for it until he's blue in the face.... same goes for CC patrons themselves....

2) iono about that..... I can actually see that extension to westchester sq. happening, before a headway increase.... What should happen IMO though, is a headway increase - You don't use the things, you don't get the desired service (no matter how much you b****).... Simple concept.

3) their gripe/concern is not lack of access to the express bus.... their gripe is gettin to major destinations (to them) within the borough; namely the commercial areas that is westchester sq & parkchester, and the hospitals themselves....

I hope you guys dont think I'm part of these stuck up country club people. I live in Crown heights.

I'm fine with pretty much everything in the (MTA) system. I dont care if I have to take 2 buses & then a train or what neighborhood I go through, as long as it get me to where I'm going & back, within a reasonable amount of time

I just noticed that...

Interlining wouldn't work unless the Bx8 is moved back to or split with Gun Hill. The concept of interlining is based on runs/routes that interline with one another based on runs (I believe). For example, Q44 school trippers from the Jamaica Depot to Jamaica-Merrick Blvd interlines with the Q17 as those buses start on the Q17 at Jamaica-Merrick Blvd, several M9 runs interline with the M22 by finishing at City Hall, layover at East Broadway and/or deadhead to the F.D.R from my observations & several Q31 school trippers interline with both the Q83 and Q46.

It's not exactly about how close by one route is to another, its mostly based on depot-by-depot runs. Your proposal is based on streamlining two routes to acquire ease of access between two routes serving different neighborhoods. Overall, the result of that coin flip is ultimately decided by those Country Club folk...

Quoted for emphasis..... I don't think some folks here realize that.....

I didn't even see the part where he suggested interlining the two routes.... his 24 proposal jumped out at me, and I focused my commentary just off that....

But yeh, the 8 runs out of WF.... the 24 runs out of GH..... the 8 isn't split w/ GH, so how those 2 routes would interline is beyond me.....

that would be like FedEx ground conducting specific intricate business details with FedEx express....

The (Bx8) has rush hours runs from GH, according to Media wiki

2) iono about that..... I can actually see that extension to westchester sq. happening, before a headway increase.... What should happen IMO though, is a headway increase - You don't use the things, you don't get the desired service (no matter how much you b****).... Simple concept.

If the route is kept the same, it makes no sense for there to be a headway increase (unless they interline it with the Bx5 or something, which is never going to happen). The reason is that it only takes 16-19 minutes to make the loop, so there's no point in having 41 minutes of layover.

Now, if it were extended to Westchester Square, that would add maybe 10 minutes onto the trip, making it a 29 minute trip and allowing the headway to be increased to 40 minutes. They have access to the destinations they want, but the route would run less frequently.

If the route is kept the same, it makes no sense for there to be a headway increase (unless they interline it with the Bx5 or something, which is never going to happen). The reason is that it only takes 16-19 minutes to make the loop, so there's no point in having 41 minutes of layover.

heh.... you're reaching with this one.....

Why do you think b/o's tend to crawl high headway & lowly used routes.....

Anyway, It makes no sense to give them 30 min headways either, with usage as low as it is..... Your point would be reinforced if they actually took the things.... This is part of the reason why CC's getting the backlash that they are on these discussion forums......

Say what you will, but I'd rather have a b/o takin a 41 min. break b/w runs, as opposed to in service buses carrying air at the rate that they are on the Bx24...... the b/o's gonna get paid regardless if his bus is in service or on layover/OOS..... consistently running empty (or as close to empty as you can get) buses is a waste of resources....

Got news for you.....

- Stupidity is thinking buses can go through barricades....

- Stupidity is talking about making NYC's express buses open door...

- Stupidity is believing "impressions" holds just as much water as the actual usage of a bus by REAL people....

- Stupidity is being told time & time again (not just with opinions, but with actual FACTS) as to why your ideas don't work... acknowledging them... and afterwards, STILL trying to convey & convince others on ways your ideas can work....

you're the type to come up with whatever combination of words possible to convince people that 2 + 2 is 5, after being tossed 2 pennies by 2 different people..... You don't know when to stand down, even when shown to be wrong.... That last paragraph of yours is the perfect example of that...

There's a point when stupidity surpasses shear stubbornness.....

You're the perfect example of that.

You continue to post actual ideas.... So much for just wanting data.....

The thing is you never heard which express routes I mentioned could be open door so your statement about stupidity is invalid plus I never said in Manhattan either. When I mention the actual NYC rtes to be open door then you can say whatever but therefore you do not know what lines I suggested therefore you are again bashing the unknown which is actually in fact THE TRUE MEANING OF STUPIDITY. nuff said In person some B/Os agree with me when they know what I mention not unknown vauge descriptions. I don't think buses can go through barracages that one was an area I wasn't familiar with if I knew that area I'd never mention Q104. Again don't bash what you don't know cause when you realize what the unknown is you will usually lose badly. Also The real actual ideas of major regions were never mentioned in detail here so you can't knock something you never saw or heard as stupid.

Ohh which true ideas and plans did I mention in detail here??? what are they??? If you know then which ones are they I mean regions in full NOT route by route changes. If you can't find any then you know my point

The thing is you never heard which express routes I mentioned could be open door so your statement about stupidity is invalid plus I never said in Manhattan either. When I mention the actual NYC rtes to be open door then you can say whatever but therefore you do not know what lines I suggested therefore you are again bashing the unknown which is actually in fact THE TRUE MEANING OF STUPIDITY. nuff said In person some B/Os agree with me when they know what I mention not unknown vauge descriptions. I don't think buses can go through barracages that one was an area I wasn't familiar with if I knew that area I'd never mention Q104. Again don't bash what you don't know cause when you realize what the unknown is you will usually lose badly. Also The real actual ideas of major regions were never mentioned in detail here so you can't knock something you never saw or heard as stupid.

Bold #1. Stop lying to yourself and everyone else here, you've posted in quite a few threads about which routes should be open door expresses AND open door expresses IN Manhattan...

Bold #2. When you mentioned that, you said it can go through and THEN you said they can go around another block. You obviously didnt know the area. Again, stop lying to yourself and everyone else here.

Bold #3. This ain't no damn competition, no one is winning or losing. By that statement, you evidently lost and are lost with no knowledge of specific areas you have mentioned in the past and the present....

Bold #4. About 99.9% of the ideas you've mentioned were full of illogical stupid-ness.... Examples? Bx41 "SBS" to LGA, BxM7 to Riverdale/BxM11 to Co-Op City, Bx31 to Country Club and a whole load of other posts I can dig up. Having local routes use expressways/highways, extending the Q11 (or 21, I forgot which one of the routes it was) to Long Beach, the shit storm you've caused in the NJ Transit Section, and a whole lot more....

Bold #1. Stop lying to yourself and everyone else here, you've posted in quite a few threads about which routes should be open door expresses AND open door expresses IN Manhattan...

Bold #2. When you mentioned that, you said it can go through and THEN you said they can go around another block. You obviously didnt know the area. Again, stop lying to yourself and everyone else here.

Bold #3. This ain't no damn competition, no one is winning or losing. By that statement, you evidently lost and are lost with no knowledge of specific areas you have mentioned in the past and the present....

Bold #4. About 99.9% of the ideas you've mentioned were full of illogical stupid-ness....

Not really My final plan DOES NOT MAKE express lines open-door in manhattan plus SI lines and BXM lines are unchanged. rush hour service is also closed door. Only a few lines with unique segments that parralell no local bus become open-door. And at off peak some get merged then open door to increase yield however I didn't name the exact QM lines yet.

However bold #3 you have a point sort of

Bold #4 I never mentioned in detail any comprehensive plans at all. NJ not mentioned NYS also not mentioned none of em were mentioned here in detail

Not really My final plan DOES NOT MAKE express lines open-door in manhattan plus SI lines and BXM lines are unchanged. rush hour service is also closed door. Only a few lines with unique segments that parralell no local bus become open-door. And at off peak some get merged then open door to increase yield however I didn't name the exact QM lines yet.

However bold #3 you have a point sort of

Bold #4 I never mentioned in detail any comprehensive plans at all. NJ not mentioned NYS also not mentioned none of em were mentioned here in detail

Your final plans DO NOT/WILL NOT make any sense at all....

And since when were any of your plans comprehensive at all.....? You need to stop with these so-called "plans" because every time someone proves your plan wrong, you try to rewrite the script to make it sound brand new, when its ultimately a shitty idea.

Your final plans DO NOT/WILL NOT make any sense at all....

And since when were any of your plans comprehensive at all.....? You need to stop with these so-called "plans" because every time someone proves your plan wrong, you try to rewrite the script to make it sound brand new, when its ultimately a shitty idea.

They were from the beginning HOWEVER I never mentioned ANY of them here at all. The ideas I mentioned here HAVE NOTHING TO DO with any of the plans I actually made cause none were mentioned in detail. I never created a plan for any of you to see anyway. Those ideas I made were new ones I tried to come up with on the fly. The real proposals I have were long finished and I already completed em before I came to these forums. The only changes I made were based on ridership levels and patterns I was unaware of. So it's not up to you to judge anything cause you never saw them I'd rather let actual riders and consultants be the judge of that. Again the unknown can only NOT work if it's known.

Therefore stop trying to predict the unknown. Done lets kill this and not discuss this any further

Ohh which true ideas and plans did I mention in detail here??? what are they??? If you know then which ones are they I mean regions in full NOT route by route changes. If you can't find any then you know my point

What is this guy babbling about now...

Great, here we go with this covert BS again.... I, along w/ the rest of us, don't have to see whatever specific ideas you've laid out for this "plan", and you have no one to blame but yourself with that...

BrooklynBus' sig says it best.... "know the past, predict the future".

You make that 'ish waayy too easy ! Especially with the fact that you say you post "decoy" ideas.... smfh...

You reap what you sow dude, so the burden of gettin people to believe this particular plan will be nothin short of stupid, is you..... You've given no one on this forum any indication that you know what the hell you're talkin about.... The only person claiming that your ideas make any sense is you...

You don't get a pat on the back for believing your own damn hype.....

Bold #4. About 99.9% of the ideas you've mentioned were full of illogical stupid-ness.... Examples? Bx41 "SBS" to LGA, BxM7 to Riverdale/BxM11 to Co-Op City, Bx31 to Country Club and a whole load of other posts I can dig up. Having local routes use expressways/highways, extending the Q11 (or 21, I forgot which one of the routes it was) to Long Beach, the shit storm you've caused in the NJ Transit Section, and a whole lot more....

+10 internetz for you....

Like I said in another thread... when he gets sonned by someone, he starts backtracking.... doesn't know when to STFU..... talk about digging ya own grave....

lol @ extend N73/74 to long beach... I remember that one !

heh.... you're reaching with this one.....

Why do you think b/o's tend to crawl high headway & lowly used routes.....

Anyway, It makes no sense to give them 30 min headways either, with usage as low as it is..... Your point would be reinforced if they actually took the things.... This is part of the reason why CC's getting the backlash that they are on these discussion forums......

Say what you will, but I'd rather have a b/o takin a 41 min. break b/w runs, as opposed to in service buses carrying air at the rate that they are on the Bx24...... the b/o's gonna get paid regardless if his bus is in service or on layover/OOS..... consistently running empty (or as close to empty as you can get) buses is a waste of resources....

MTA has to give Country Club 30 minute headways, it is the minimum allowed daytime headway for NYCT (MTA Bus has no minimum).

MTA has to give Country Club 30 minute headways, it is the minimum allowed daytime headway for NYCT (MTA Bus has no minimum).

well that explains a lot....

having brought that up, I'll buy as far more plausible over refuting an increase in headways b/c of an increase in layover time.....

And that's my point: The B/O is getting paid anyway. Having the bus sit there for 41 minutes is a waste of resources. Sure, you're not going to get many riders, but if you can help 1 or 2 riders get to their destination 30 minutes earlier, then I see no reason to have him sit idle.

And that's my point: The B/O is getting paid anyway. Having the bus sit there for 41 minutes is a waste of resources. Sure, you're not going to get many riders, but if you can help 1 or 2 riders get to their destination 30 minutes earlier, then I see no reason to have him sit idle.

Having the bus sit (while powered off) for w/e amt. of mins. at a terminal, is no different than a bus sitting powered off inside a depot for the same amt. of time....

So every bus inside a depot is wasting resources? So every parked vehicle turned off is wasting resources? I don't get you sometimes.....

Archived