New York City Subway Route Riddles

BM5 via Woodhaven

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes. The (C) was the longest service at the 4 borough point, but now runs in 2 boroughs. It used to run rush hours, now daily

I was about to say the (C) but I couldn't remember if it ran on weekends. Guess not.

I'll go then.

I used to run an odd number of cars. Who am i?

(3). Used to be 9 car trains.

Nope, the bus number and train number must be the same. The bus's terminal must be somewhere along the route. Obviously its an IRT line :P In fact this occurs twice within the boros.

(5) @ Simpson St.

Bx5 @ Simpson St. That's one, I think.

(5) @ Simpson St.

Bx5 @ Simpson St. That's one, I think.

Correct. Also correct is the M5 at South Ferry with (5) at Bowling Green. The (6) and Bx6 does indeed meet at Hunts Pt, but that isn't the Bx6's terminal. Same deal with the Bx1 and (1). Pass or go :)

Correct. Also correct is the M5 at South Ferry with (5) at Bowling Green. The (6) and Bx6 does indeed meet at Hunts Pt, but that isn't the Bx6's terminal. Same deal with the Bx1 and (1). Pass or go :)

Pass. And the (5) is at Bowling Green, the M5 is at South Ferry, so, no.

Ok I will go. I am a line that used to go to Queens, Manhattan, and Brooklyn. Then I only went to Manhattan and Queens. Then I was cancelled. I used to run Express everywhere except for two areas in which I could have run peak direction Express. When I only went to Manhattan and Queens, I was fully Local.

During my tenure, I ran Express with two other lines in Manhattan. I ran Express in Brooklyn with one other friend. One of the lines that I ran Express in Manhattan with was taken away. Then I was moved to the Local, while a Local line got a promotion to the Express. I also got my R68 cars taken from this promoted line from R40S/R40Ms.

HINT: The line that stole my Express in Manhattan ran Express in Brooklyn with me.

I few routes you need to name:

EASY...

My friend, my cousin, and I ran together on the 6 Av line. My friend went via Brighton to Coney Island while I went via West End to Coney Island. My cousin went with my friend but ended earlier than my friend. Now I swapped with my friend and I took the place of my cousin. My cousin left us, but he still is with me on the Brighton Line.

Who is the friend?

Who is the cousin?

And who am I?

Well, my cousin and I go can go to the same terminal during rush hours, but while he runs Local to it, I will run Express to it. This terminal is my cousins original terminal. At my terminal, I meet up with two twin brothers, one can be seen all the time, but the other tends to hide for most of the day. My cousin and I both run Local in Manhattan. I was given many proposals to run Express with my cousin along a short part of his line, which he shares with his second cousin.

HINT: My cousins terminal is in Queens.

Who am I?

Who is the cousin?

Who are the brothers?

Who is the second cousin?

It been 24 hours

It mighty easy.

A stop in Brooklyn is a terminal in some way. one was in different era, the other is still doing this They came from Brooklyn terminal.

Name the terminal

name 2 trains

There was third train had stopped at this terminal but it was temporary during the midday hours.(many will argue about this one but i seen it done for while while it didn't say it on the map)

Well, my cousin and I go can go to the same terminal during rush hours, but while he runs Local to it, I will run Express to it. This terminal is my cousins original terminal. At my terminal, I meet up with two twin brothers, one can be seen all the time, but the other tends to hide for most of the day. My cousin and I both run Local in Manhattan. I was given many proposals to run Express with my cousin along a short part of his line, which he shares with his second cousin.

HINT: My cousins terminal is in Queens.

Who am I?

Who is the cousin?

Who are the brothers?

Who is the second cousin?

Answer was;

Who am I? (E)

Who is the cousin? (F)

Who are the brothers? (J)(Z)

Who is the second cousin? (G)

It been 24 hours

It mighty easy.

A stop in Brooklyn is a terminal in some way. one was in different era, the other is still doing this They came from Brooklyn terminal.

Name the terminal

name 2 trains

There was third train had stopped at this terminal but it was temporary during the midday hours.(many will argue about this one but i seen it done for while while it didn't say it on the map)

Bay Parkway

(D)(W)

(M)

Name the terminal

name 2 trains

It was 36 street.

(B) train was terminated in the late night hours back in the 80. (coney island to 36 street) (brooklyn to brooklyn)

(R) train is the one still doing it today during late night hours. (95 street to 36 street) (brooklyn to brooklyn)

(M) train was coming from Manhattan that terminated on the Brooklyn bound express track to go back to Manhattan. This didn't last long but i remember it very well with brown M while this route got kick off the Brighton Line. I saw this after school while waiting for (R) train at 36 street. The (N) was local in Brooklyn during this era. I know the (B) was still going over the West end Line.

Archived