West End / Brighton

Never rode the 160 (M)ikey ( due to Arizona ) so, after hearing and viewing photos of the 160 (M)'s, decided to catch it at Bay Parkway. Ill tell ya, they're nice..:cool:

DSCN0230.jpg

DSCN0232.jpg

DSCN0239.jpg

DSCN0241.jpg

DSCN0246.jpg

This (M) was so late, it ran Express to Bay Parkway..

DSCN0249.jpg

DSCN0252.jpg

DSCN0253.jpg

DSCN0257.jpg

Then, they turned him at Bay Parkway (Im sure they did, I was at 18 Av), and it ran Express back to the city.

DSCN0261.jpg

DSCN0263.jpg

DSCN0265.jpg

DSCN0266.jpg

DSCN0272.jpg

DSCN0284.jpg

DSCN0292.jpg

DSCN0296.jpg

DSCN0297.jpg

DSCN0298.jpg

DSCN0303.jpg

Zachary

I never knew the D train had 8 cars, thought the whole system except the (C) and (G) trains had 10 cars lol.

Love the (:( shots! That's my favorite line, too bad there's no weekend service.

Any train with 75ft cars has only 8 cars. Any train with 60ft cars has 10.

Correct, however, excluding the following:

Franklin Av (S) Shuttle has 2 R68-75' cars

Broad Channel (S) Shuttle has 4 R44-75' Cars Off Season only

(C) Train has 8 R32/R38 - 60' Cars

(J)(L)(M)(Z) - 8 R143 / R160 / R42 - 60' Cars <--I Combined all 3, I know no 143s on the (J)(Z)

(G) Train - 4 R46 75' Cars

Zachary

Great pics Zach!

I especially like the last R160 shot (car #8528), and the reflection of the tracks and the train headlights visible in the rear window of the R160. That one's a classic!

Also, what's with the new tracks at Ocean Pkwy, the trackbed and tracks look but a few days old!

Correct, however, excluding the following:

Franklin Av (S) Shuttle has 2 R68-75' cars

Broad Channel (S) Shuttle has 4 R44-75' Cars Off Season only

(C) Train has 8 R32/R38 - 60' Cars

(J)(L)(M)(Z) - 8 R143 / R160 / R42 - 60' Cars <--I Combined all 3, I know no 143s on the (J)(Z)

(G) Train - 4 R46 75' Cars

Zachary

What about the Grand Central (S)..is it 2 or 3 cars??? I forget

Try riding the (M) from Metropolitan Avenue, through Brooklyn, go through the Bridge, then Lower Manhattan, and back to Brooklyn, via 4th Avenue, and via West End to Bay Parkway Brooklyn. It's a long ride, but it's worth it. 43 stops during rush hour! Great times! An hour an a half ride.

Try riding the (M) from Metropolitan Avenue, through Brooklyn, go through the Bridge, then Lower Manhattan, and back to Brooklyn, via 4th Avenue, and via West End to Bay Parkway Brooklyn. It's a long ride, but it's worth it. 43 stops during rush hour! Great times! An hour an a half ride.

Its actually 37 stops, and its actually timed at approximately 1 Hour and 10 Minutes (a little more for some trips by about 2-5 mins) or so. Delays and backup could change that but not for much unless something really goes FUBAR.

And I've done the trip before and it was just over an hour.

Archived