NICE Planned Service/Schedule Changes

tvega961

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jericho Turnpike and the Southern State are a good five miles away from each other.

Yes they are. Now, sorry for being rude, but what does this have to do with anything?

SL mentioned that Jericho Turnpike is used as a detour when the Southern State is backed up. I live literally right behind the Southern State and if people have to drive all the way up to Jericho Turnpike to get around a delay on the South Shore, something chaotic must have happened.

In other words, he must have meant the Northern State... and I'm not in a good mood.

Yes they are. Now, sorry for being rude, but what does this have to do with anything?

Shortline Bus wrote that Jericho Turnpike is used as an alternative route when the Southern State is jammed and Joel mentioned that the distance between the two is 5 miles.

A new posting is always placed last, even if it refers to a post that is much earlier. Sometimes the original post and replied post are separated by unrelated posts, which happened in this case.

Shortline Bus wrote that Jericho Turnpike is used as an alternative route when the Southern State is jammed and Joel mentioned that the distance between the two is 5 miles.

A new posting is always placed last, even if it refers to a post that is much earlier. Sometimes the original post and replied post are separated by unrelated posts, which happened in this case.

I known for the past 20 years bus fanning in LIB/NICE Buses, both Jericho and Hillside Avenue during rush hours (mainly friday nights and also Saturdays during the Christmas/New Years Holidays)can be a parking lot. So can Hempstead Turnpike. Maybe not so much from the Southern Pwy. but the cars are coming from somewhere i.e LIE or Northern State. So wanted to clairfy that.

How did we get on talking about Long Island parkways now? But since I DO live near the Southern State Parkway, I know the biggest bottlenecks in Nassau County are CIP/Belt (no suprise), 18 (EB ONLY), 19N (lots of cars get off there for Hempstead), 22 (EXTREMELY inefficent ramps onto and off of the Meadowbrook), 27 (Same reasons as 22), 28 (The ramps from the parkways become EXIT ONLY lanes for this interchange, leading to A LOT of weaving). 28A (NY 135) actually tends to not be as backed up, but it has really inadequate ramps.

At this point I think this topic has reached the end since it been 2 months into the current Nice Route set-up. Unless there several of you want the chat to continue with a good reason. This thread has also become unpinned.

When this is locked either today or shortly, feel free to discuss ffuture NICE service plans in attached link or similar topics. It's your call ladies and gents.

http://www.nyctransi...salsideas-2012/

At this point I think this topic has reached the end since it been 2 months into the current Nice Route set-up. Unless there several of you want the chat to continue with a good reason. This thread has also become unpinned.

When this is locked either today or shortly, feel free to discuss ffuture NICE service plans in attached link or similar topics. It's your call ladies and gents.

http://www.nyctransi...salsideas-2012/

Since they're going to be having service changes at the end of June, I think we should put a link at the end of this thread to the new thread discussing those service changes. That way, if there are any new members or anybody who happens to stumble across this thread, they know where to go to continue discussing the service changes (the ones that are actually planned, not just ideas).

Since they're going to be having service changes at the end of June, I think we should put a link at the end of this thread to the new thread discussing those service changes. That way, if there are any new members or anybody who happens to stumble across this thread, they know where to go to continue discussing the service changes (the ones that are actually planned, not just ideas).

Great idea buddy! :) Thus this thread is now history and closed.

To comment on the June 2012 Service changes. Here link.

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/35498-nice-planned-nice-service-cutsadjustments-in-june-2012/

NICE Will not do that. NICE is being too nice with the 80/81 and not too nice with the 6. As for the n79 to RF, I wouldn't do that. I personally think it was a good idea to truncate it to Hicksville. The reason is that mostly everyone gets off in Hicksville and More People get on. That was a good idea. As for the n24/n79, the schedules have to be cooridinated better, that's all. Besides, NICE gives two more transfers after getting on one bus route, so I dont see the logic in anyone complaining about this

Edited by Q23 Central Term

NICE Will not do that. NICE is being too nice with the 80/81 and not too nice with the 6. As for the n79 to RF, I personally think it was a good idea. The reason is that everyone gets off in Hicksville and More People get on. Thta was a good idea. As for the n24/n79, the schedules have to be cooridinated better, that's all. Besides, NICE gives two more transfers after getting on one bus route, so I dont see the logic in anyone complaining about this

Q23 have you been on NICE before? You aware as i brought before about the heavy traffic during rush hours and sometimes Saturday afternoons on Jericho?

Q23 have you been on NICE before? You aware as i brought before about the heavy traffic during rush hours and sometimes Saturday afternoons on Jericho?

Don't forget Old Country Road. It usually gets packed around holiday season.

Oh yes. Even almost 20 years ago waiting for a Queens-bound N22 or N24(forgot bus line i took lol)and going home then to Brooklyn couple of days before X-mas and the bus taking 40-plus minutes just to get to Mineola station.

Oh yes. Even almost 20 years ago waiting for a Queens-bound N22 or N24(forgot bus line i took lol)and going home then to Brooklyn couple of days before X-mas and the bus taking 40-plus minutes just to get to Mineola station.

I think this is another reason why Nice reduced the Old Country Rd Routes. Now its just the N15, N22 , N24. There is reduced N22 service on Old Country Road since the N22X and N22L bypass Old Country Road. Although, I've seen Glen Cove Road become a parking lot also.

Nice route changes

n6x: Extended to 169

n23: More Saturday Trips

n24: Two westbound trips on Saturday Combined

n27: Weekday off peak service extended to Roosevelt Field

n78/79: Modified service to ease connections to n24

n80/81: No changes, why am I not surprised.

Modified Schedule on

n1,n4,n6,n15,n16,n22, n22L, n22x,n23,n27, n31/32, n36, n78/79

Modified time span on

n1, n24, n78/79

Now you can discuss these. Any other info I will find out

Edited by Q23 Central Term