This could ruin your day while riding NICE

Marctalky1

I feel the big need to start this thread on when buses leave early. It happened to me to today when making a connection and I feel we need to prevent it. Is it possible when you need to make a connection can any bus tell passengers to board the same bus but behind. I was on an n16 going to hempstead only. the one behind me was going to RVC LIRR at DSS. The RVC one PASSED US. As soon we got to hempstead it was 10 13 and as soon as it was 10 14 THE N49 STARTED TO PULL OUT!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: I called 228-4000 they gave THE DRIVER the benefit of the doubt saying that my cell phone IS NOT a a viable source of time. Even though it left 1 minute early this ruin my day cause now I couldn't make the N79. Instead I took the n40 to mineola took the train to hicksville and then took a stupid overpriced cab home with a 2 dollar service charge to stop at the atm for my lack of cash on me. (Don't give me an answer that I should have went to Roosevelt field. I didn't want to wait outside on this windy day) One minute does make a big difference!

At meeting, Mike Seltzer said NICE are not suppose to leave 1/2 mins early on schedule and they say they look at that.

Slightly little-off topic, I know how you feel.

Even the Bee-Line buses are also famous for leaving 1-2 mins early.

When I called they didn't care that it left 1 min early!

We are talking about a minute here, do you know for sure the drivers watch didn't read the time he was supposed to pull out?

IMHO you are planning your connection too closely hoping that everything will work out. If your bus was caught in traffic, hit one extra red light, or had a wheel chair coming on/off you would have been in the same position.

We are talking about a minute here, do you know for sure the drivers watch didn't read the time he was supposed to pull out?

IMHO you are planning your connection too closely hoping that everything will work out. If your bus was caught in traffic, hit one extra red light, or had a wheel chair coming on/off you would have been in the same position.

supposed to arrive at 9 01 but this driver always takes his time down charles linberg staying all the way to the right at cradle of aviation and west drive.

Isn't knowing this more of a reason to plan a connection with more time?

That's just my opinion, seems better than constantly being pissed, being stranded, and shelling out extra cash for a taxi because everything didn't go right and you missed your minute connection.

Isn't knowing this more of a reason to plan a connection with more time?

That's just my opinion, seems better than constantly being pissed, being stranded, and shelling out extra cash for a taxi because everything didn't go right and you missed your minute connection.

No this meant that now I have to wait an extra hour because the 79 only runs every hour!

When I called they didn't care that it left 1 min early!

Obviously NICE should have informed you that the driver would be taken out back and beaten with a sock full of pennies because you said he left a minute early.

Being serious, the bus is gone, what did you want NICE to say on the phone or do for you at that moment?

Obviously NICE should have informed you that the driver would be taken out back and beaten with a sock full of pennies because you said he left a minute early.

Being serious, the bus is gone, what did you want NICE to say on the phone or do for you at that moment?

in an ideal situation tell the bus to go back LOL.

In the railroad industry, the train crew has to compare their watches to a "standard" clock at the sign up point. Is there a standard clock NICE crews use to compare their watches?

One minute is not enough time for a connection.:)

The bus was running late and traffic and due to heavy boarding at NCC and DSS (this place pisses me off) and was due in at 10 01 no problem on my planning.

The bus was running late and traffic and due to heavy boarding at NCC and DSS (this place pisses me off) and was due in at 10 01 no problem on my planning.

Your public profile shows you're 19 years old. If you expect to get through life, you have to understand that the world doesn't always operate as scheduled and you have to allow for the possibility that something can go wrong and plan accordingly.:( NICE adjusts the running time to allow for unplanned delays and on some days, it's just not enough.

I suggest you allow more time in your planning.

Your public profile shows you're 19 years old. If you expect to get through life, you have to understand that the world doesn't always operate as scheduled and you have to allow for the possibility that something can go wrong and plan accordingly.:( NICE adjusts the running time to allow for unplanned delays and on some days, it's just not enough.

I suggest you allow more time in your planning.

YOUR PISSING ME OFF:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: DID U EVEN LOOK AT SCHEDULES BECAUSE I DID. WHAT CAN I DO IF IT SAYS THAT ITS SUPPOSED TO GET IN AT 10 01 AND ITS ON TIME AT NCC HOW IS IT MY FAULT FOR NOT PLANNING IT RIGHT WHEN IM NOT THE ONE DRIVING THE N16 I DO EVERYTHING AS PLANNED ON THE SCHEDULE THERE SHOULD BE NO PROBLEM. THIS IDIOT DRIVER DIDNT TELL ANYONE TO GET ON THE N16 GOING RVC WHICH HAD NOBODY ON IT!!!! I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF AN N16 BEING LATE BECAUSE I HELD IT UP IM THE ONLY ONE THAT CARES BECAUSE EVERYONE ELSE GOES ON THE N6 AFTER BUT ME WHICH COMES EVERY TIME I BLINK MY EYE. DONT TELL ME HOW TO PLAN MY SCHEDULE WHEN I KNOW ALL THE SCHEDULES ON THE BUSES THAT I TAKE. IT DOESNT WORK OUT WHEN YOU MISS BUSES THAT ONLY RUN EVERY HOUR. Geez I got that out of the way.:)

YOUR PISSING ME OFF:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: DID U EVEN LOOK AT SCHEDULES BECAUSE I DID. WHAT CAN I DO IF IT SAYS THAT ITS SUPPOSED TO GET IN AT 10 01 AND ITS ON TIME AT NCC HOW IS IT MY FAULT FOR NOT PLANNING IT RIGHT WHEN IM NOT THE ONE DRIVING THE N16 I DO EVERYTHING AS PLANNED ON THE SCHEDULE THERE SHOULD BE NO PROBLEM. THIS IDIOT DRIVER DIDNT TELL ANYONE TO GET ON THE N16 GOING RVC WHICH HAD NOBODY ON IT!!!! I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF AN N16 BEING LATE BECAUSE I HELD IT UP IM THE ONLY ONE THAT CARES BECAUSE EVERYONE ELSE GOES ON THE N6 AFTER BUT ME WHICH COMES EVERY TIME I BLINK MY EYE. DONT TELL ME HOW TO PLAN MY SCHEDULE WHEN I KNOW ALL THE SCHEDULES ON THE BUSES THAT I TAKE. IT DOESNT WORK OUT WHEN YOU MISS BUSES THAT ONLY RUN EVERY HOUR. Geez I got that out of the way.:(

If missing the bus is a 7:mad: rating, you're in for a rough life when something more important goes wrong. I didn't write it was your fault the bus was late. It is your fault that you didn't plan enough time into your schedule to make a reasonable connection.

Did you think of asking the operator to radio the dispatcher and hold the bus for you? You can act as self righteous as you want but the point is YOU missed the connection. And you know what? It will happen again.

Sorry dude, but you really should have gone to the mall... all the time you spent raging and waiting you could have spent swinging back around. You were going to be stuck outside no matter what.

What happens when this is only of a lot of options starting in April?

If missing the bus is a 7:mad: rating, you're in for a rough life when something more important goes wrong. I didn't write it was your fault the bus was late. It is your fault that you didn't plan enough time into your schedule to make a reasonable connection.

Did you think of asking the operator to radio the dispatcher and hold the bus for you? You can act as self righteous as you want but the point is YOU missed the connection. And you know what? It will happen again.

If the bus was supposed to arrive at 10:01 and the N49 was supposed to leave at 10:14, I think 13 minutes should be plenty of time to make a connection.

If the bus was supposed to arrive at 10:01 and the N49 was supposed to leave at 10:14, I think 13 minutes should be plenty of time to make a connection.

Checkmate thank you, you are the only one that understands that its not my fault I took the bus when it was running on time and was running about 15 mins late why why should it take a half hour to go to Hempstead from NCC, The n43 doesn't go to Hempstead yet!

Archived