Grasmere station rehabilitation

Y2Julio

Grasmere Station will be rehabilitated soon. There is a temporary station platform being erected north of the station that will serve as Grasmere station while the old platform and station house are removed and rebuilt.

Grasmere Station will be rehabilitated soon. There is a temporary station platform being erected north of the station that will serve as Grasmere station while the old platform and station house are removed and rebuilt.

when they doing Atlantic station lol

Is the (MTA) planning to add Turnstiles here?
Don't know but it might be a good place to do so. The temporary platform will be 3 car lengths just like Richmond Valley station which should make things interesting during rush hour since Grasmere gets high volume due to the transfer to the S53.
when they doing Atlantic station lol

Yeah, I haven't heard anything recently about Ar Kill Road station. Is it already under construction?

Well I've seen the plans for Arthur Kill station, the issue is funding. Which with SIRT being the red headed step-child, won't be happening anytime soon.

I would not be surprised if the MTA installs turnstiles at Grasmere! :eek: (At least that would mean another MVM location on staten island.)

They really should. Would help increase the Railroad's abysmal fare box recovery ratio.

If it were up to me I would put them in all stations.

Well it seems like they are going to install turnstiles at Grasmere once it's rebuilt. They are also considering putting them at Eltingville.

Good. Because It really sickens me, SI Riders get a nice free ride almost everywhere under Tompskin. While us outer boroughs pay. So what if its a single line? Treat it like a bus, which you still have to pay to go from point A to B. Just like the S78.

For transfers, your Metrocard got ya covered!

Sorry teens, gotta pay up.

The funny thing about transfer with SIRT is, they get two transfers versus one with NYCT. So people aren't really "paying" in the traditional form.

So If I swipe once on the SIRT, and use the transfer on the NYCT, will I still have another transfer for another NYCT route?

Well it seems like they are going to install turnstiles at Grasmere once it's rebuilt. They are also considering putting them at Eltingville.

Last time I checked I believe five other stations are getting rehabbed as well. I believe they are also rehabbing the bridge that passes over the unbuilt Willowbrook Parkway Extension.

Last time I checked I believe five other stations are getting rehabbed as well. I believe they are also rehabbing the bridge that passes over the unbuilt Willowbrook Parkway Extension.

Yeah, they're doing the Willowbrook bridge work this weekend.

• 1 month later...

Wow, gotta check that site soon. Thx for the pixs!

What they should do is add Ticket Machines at Stations, this way things would operate more efficiently and like a light rail/commuter rail.

They did collect tickets (or if not fares) before on board the SIROTA, but stopped doing it and gave people a free ride except St. George (And now Tompskin)

I agree. Either that or Proof-of-Payment machines like the ones used for +SBS. But either way something has to be done asap about it.

Ugh. You sound like VG8.

In any case, POP would likely be cheaper than turnstiles, since you have a lot of stations with very low usage (especially towards the southern end of the line). But the thing is that you might not get that much revenue when you consider the cost of the fare inspectors. I mean, a good portion of the riders get off at St. George and Tompkinsville, and a lot of the other riders are transferring to buses. (And aside from that, it would mean all that money spent on installing turnstiles at Tompkinsville would be wasted)

It seems like it would complicate matters, though. I mean, if somebody's traveling between Eltingville and Tompkinsville, then you have to program it not to take off an extra fare.

Where is that? Great Kills?

They did collect tickets (or if not fares) before on board the SIROTA, but stopped doing it and gave people a free ride except St. George (And now Tompskin)

You guys do realize you have to pay to leave at Tomkins and St. George too right?

It's Tompkinsville, not Tomkins.

Ugh. You sound like VG8.

In any case, POP would likely be cheaper than turnstiles, since you have a lot of stations with very low usage (especially towards the southern end of the line). But the thing is that you might not get that much revenue when you consider the cost of the fare inspectors. I mean, a good portion of the riders get off at St. George and Tompkinsville, and a lot of the other riders are transferring to buses. (And aside from that, it would mean all that money spent on installing turnstiles at Tompkinsville would be wasted)

It seems like it would complicate matters, though. I mean, if somebody's traveling between Eltingville and Tompkinsville, then you have to program it not to take off an extra fare.

Where is that? Great Kills?

It's Tompkinsville, not Tomkins.

I know that, I sometimes don't write ville..

I know that, I sometimes don't write ville..

It's better to write in full or some people would be lost, I even started to stop say "Jammie" or "Stammie" and EWR people people were lost on my nicknames to Jamaica and Stamford and Newark City respectively. Just sayin'!

Archived