Random Thoughts Thread - Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE)

User

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beginning at 3:00 P.M. this afternoon, NICE BUS will run Service on the N4 and N6, both routes will operate on a Sunday Schedule.

For tomorrow, Wednesday Oct 31st NICE BUS will run the following service utilizing a Sunday schedule:

N1

N4

N6

N20 Flushing to Roslyn only

N22

N24

N35

N40/41

N43

N49

N71/72

NICE BUS will not be collecting fares for this afternoon or Wednesday Service.

Limited Able-Ride service will be available beginning tomorrow morning. However, as operations return to normal, Able-Ride customers are being asked to consider postponing non-essential trips until next week.

NICE Bus/Able Ride will continue to assess the situation and work toward restoring full service as road conditions allow.

NICE Bus will also continue to provide aide in evacuation efforts through-out Nassau County by providing buses and operators in heavily damaged areas.

557739_489019331129774_831375025_n.jpg

NICE SERVICE RESTORATION UPDATE:

Beginning this afternoon, routes are being restored as road conditions permit. Starting tomorrow morning, NICE Bus will resume near normal service on many routes.

Routes will operate on a regular weekday schedule. We will NOT be collecting fares today, Thursday or Friday.

A frequently updated list of open routes and or detours will soon be available this evening by visiting NICEBUS.com.

I'm shocked that they don't have any schedules on the poles at the bus stops out in Nassau. I know that the buses are unreliable and everything, but it definitely helps to know whether the next bus is in 5 minutes or 55 minutes.

Do you mean in general or after restoring storm related service?

• 2 weeks later...

I notice they tow them backwards, aren't they supposed to be hooked facing forward?

I think it depends on the bus, but if you look closely as well, its not NICE towing, its a private truck and when we were behind it, the bus was moving sideways a bit.