Random Thoughts Thread - Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE)

User

Does anyone know how they polish the Alcoa wheels? I saw a vid on YouTube made by a trucker - he sanded the wheels with some random grit flypaper, wiped the dust off, and then took out some sort of tool and polished it. I can't remember the vid since it was on my other laptop and that won't get back from repairs for another week.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't care, I hope you were stranded on that corner for hours while you and pine power jerked each other off while bitching about Veolia.

are%20you%20frustrated.jpg

STOP.

Rode 1842 on the N6 today. Wasn't really impressed

No real reason to be. Looks almost the same, sounds the same, will get treated the same.

Downloaded a schedule today and the number on the bus caught my eye. How odd,it's not like they did a photoshoot with a random bus and kept the number, they obviously put a number on that bus. Why 1452? the numbering doesn't even go with that model Orion. We also know now we'll never see that sort of number on a new Orion (unless they renumber the fleet). I really wonder why 1452? Maybe a special number for Veolia or whoever made the schedule?

2jfb1vd.jpg

Downloaded a schedule today and the number on the bus caught my eye. How odd,it's not like they did a photoshoot with a random bus and kept the number, they obviously put a number on that bus. Why 1452? the numbering doesn't even go with that model Orion. We also know now we'll never see that sort of number on a new Orion (unless they renumber the fleet). I really wonder why 1452? Maybe a special number for Veolia or whoever made the schedule?

2jfb1vd.jpg

Is this the first time you've seen a NICE schedule, because that bus has been on the front of all of them since the beginning of the year. Yeah, its a random number because its taken from the rendering that Nassau County put out at the end of last year to show what the bus service would look like this year and on.

Is this the first time you've seen a NICE schedule, because that bus has been on the front of all of them since the beginning of the year.

No. When did they redisign the frint of the schedule? When the changed service? The last time I saw a schedule it had drivers looking all happy and the cover said "your bus service is now called nice" or something like that. Now the cover has a screenshot of their of their website with Setzer on it.

Then again I don't look at schedules that often, who does seriously? Why would anyone want to look at a schedule when they could look at the interactive system map at home on their computer or on their phone when they're out.

Yeah, its a random number because its taken from the rendering that Nassau County put out at the end of last year to show what the bus service would look like this year and on.

Hmm odd, I dunno how many times I looked at that rendering and never noticed. I guess I did notice and I just don't remember it, It's been a long and busy year.

Now that I'm bored though (LOL) I really do wonder why 1492, it seems odd that they would just pick a random number of 1492, it was chosen for a reason. I guess we'll never know, of well.

No. When did they redisign the frint of the schedule? When the changed service? The last time I saw a schedule it had drivers looking all happy and the cover said "your bus service is now called nice" or something like that. Now the cover has a screenshot of their of their website with Setzer on it.

Then again I don't look at schedules that often, who does seriously? Why would anyone want to look at a schedule when they could look at the interactive system map at home on their computer or on their phone when they're out.

The website thing is on the back of the schedule now, and replaced the "Your bus service is now called NICE" thing that was on the back of the schedules from the beginning of the year to April.

Hmm odd, I dunno how many times I looked at that rendering and never noticed. I guess I did notice and I just don't remember it, It's been a long and busy year.

Now that I'm bored though (LOL) I really do wonder why 1492, it seems odd that they would just pick a random number of 1492, it was chosen for a reason. I guess we'll never know, of well.

Yeah, I don't get the 1492 either!

I saw two 1850s in Great Neck today, one on the n58 and one on the n20 to Hicksville. This was my first close up view of the NICE 3Gs and they look great. It still looks like the CDs haven't been programmed for the 3Gs or the drivers are turning them off for no reason.

Yesterday, after TAC meeting, they give some public tour of new bus.

I even saw many of my B/O friends.

I even saw their MUSEUM Bus, GMC New Look sitting all the way by the corner.

You actually went to that meeting? Anything close to interesting said there?

I was little late because I had to wait in my house for Fed Ex and vegetables.

At Jamaica Station, I got on wrong car on Babylon Branch and I almost missed my connection but made to Oyster Bay Branch. Then I took taxi for $9 to depot.

By the time I got there, it was already public comment.

I only heard few testimonies because I was late.

I forgot how many people, but not so much as MTA Melville Public Hearing.

Good to see the proof that 1808 is alive! Although it could just be the time that the photo was uploaded, Flickr says the photo was taken 5 hours ago today. It could be from the EXIF data of the photo, but I'm not sure.

Nope, I took the picture yesterday morning. It's at Grand Ave.

1804 - Gone, Done deal.

Not sure of what extra bus your talking about.

MTA Buses - Those were never actually fully built, but the frames went onto the NICE buses.

WTH? Orion was suppose to ship in a replacement for #1804. A while back, the order was increased to 45 buses (this was back in August I believe). That's where the extra bus comes from because they were going to also replace #1808, but they fixed it, so the order was going to be #1840-1883, and a new #1804. Edited by jgood6195

Yes the order included buses to replace 1804 and 1808...

As far as the demo buses concerned, I think CENTRO in the Syracuse area bought them. This was mentioned somewhere on these forums before, I don't remember where.

Correct!

One of the new 3Gs up there!

Centro1202_20120904_JDevlin.JPG

Hows the extended N24 doing along Old Country Road this holiday season? Are there a lot of thru-riders east of the mall now that they don't have to transfer to the N78/N79? Also, there's the addition of the new shopping center with Trader Joes and container store/etc.

As far as I've seen, since the n24 extension, those buses have gotten good ridership along Old Country Rd.