Random Thoughts Thread - Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE)

User

Guest MTA Bus

I think that the N6x is not liked by most members on this site. NICE should change the N6x back into the N6 Limited. That way, the N6 local won't be jam packed. Also, it should run 7 days a week. On weekends, it should run from 7 AM to 9 PM at 10 minute headways.

Edited by MTA Bus

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name=MTA Bus' timestamp='1344133250' post='566117]

I think that the N6x is not liked by most members on this site. NICE should change the N6x back into the N6 Limited. That way, the N6 local won't be jam packed.

I've been pushing for that since April 8th. They never should have touched the N6 in the first place. I like the idea of the N22 Limited and N22 Express, but the N6 is half the length of that. An express is not the answer.

18:15 eastbound N78 never shows up. Passengers to the 18:50 N79, which left 3 minutes hot.

On the way, we passed two N79's about 5min apart (they're supposed to be an hour apart). The first one was packed with standees front to back, the second had about 5 passengers on it.

I wonder what happened to the passengers for the last westbound N78 (which is what the 18:15 turns for)

Yesterday the 79 80 81 all had detours due to a parade on Broadway and ended next to a fair on East Barclay street. Why wasn't this listed on the website? Plainview road was closed at Park ave and so was Old country road. Northbound side of Broadway was closed with only one lane squeezing by southbound.

Edited by Marctalky1

[sARCASM]

Good thing you guys are catching those typos! You're really sticking it to Veolia, what an incompetent company they must be. We all know how this looks and is proof the ()' /> should come back, because we all know ()' /> does t make typos. It's not like they have enough typos and spelling errors in the WALL of train stations to keep Greg Mocker busy for months pointing them out on the news.

Also Bravo pointing out how every detour doesn't end up on the website. What's the problem? Is NICE not notified of these detours? Is there no one there on off business hours to put these up last minute if NICE finds out about them last minute? You know what, it doesn't matter! This is just more proof that NICE is inferiorer because WE ALL KNOW would do a better job alerting LIB riders of detours and service disruptions.

[/sARCASM]

Edited by Burrstone

[sARCASM]

Good thing you guys are catching those typos! You're really sticking it to Veolia, what an incompetent company they must be. We all know how this looks and is proof the ()' /> should come back, because we all know ()' /> does t make typos. It's not like they have enough typos and spelling errors in the WALL of train stations to keep Greg Mocker busy for months pointing them out on the news.

Also Bravo pointing out how every detour doesn't end up on the website. What's the problem? Is NICE not notified of these detours? Is there no one there on off business hours to put these up last minute if NICE finds out about them last minute? You know what, it doesn't matter! This is just more proof that NICE is inferiorer because WE ALL KNOW would do a better job alerting LIB riders of detours and service disruptions.

[/sARCASM]

I feel like the site is maintained by someone out of county and there is a long lead time for detours to be posted. When I've seen weekend detours they were never posted prior to Friday afternoon and some detours weren't removed until two business days after they're over with. With such a tight deadline something's bound to be missed.

Edited by Amtrak7

From my years after years of riding (MTA) Long Island Bus, I can tell you I've NEVER seen such a horrible bus system as what it is like today. Every single ride from 1996 all the way to 2006 [10 years, and every Saturday until 2002, every other Saturday until 2006], the ride was flawless, the N93 Hub Shuttle even runs consistently, the annoucements was 98% of the time working flawlewssly, their annoucements are even better than NYCT/MTA Bus and NYC Subway! From my sporadic revisits in 2008 thru 2010, I can tell their service is as good as before, but some bad apples from the NYC Side of the border has been intruding in, however after rumors of LI Bus being privatized came afloat I went back into obeserving in depth of the service and many route. From my review in Q1 and Q2 of 2011, LI Bus has been operation on par with their levels in the 2008-2010 "low level" review. However, Q3 is the Quarter that seen the decline in service levels and reliability, Q4 continues the ongoing decline trend in service levels and reliability, however there is no noticable dramatic drop in July thru November. However, right after the Thanksgiving holiday, the dramatic drop has happened, December 2011 is the month that seen the worst service in LI Bus history under my observations and December-31st-2011 closes my books on LI Bus Observations. I cite staff leaving and some underfunding as reasons why the service level tumbled. (NOTE: Observations include obeservation data from other transit fans and members on NYC Transit Forums, I give them credit for sharing information on the state of (MTA) LI Bus.)

But, that didn't stop me, I continued obeserving the newly formed NICE Bus operated by Veolia Transdev under Nassau Co. However, service has not been reliable and really bus breakdowns are happening more than what my December 2011 data shows. Also, from what speculation and comments from Bus Operators and Operations Dispatchers and Supervisors and such, I heard talks about Bus Maintenance staff, staff from other Veolia Operations and such filling in the Bus Operators position, also I heard them using third party maintainers and towing companies to fix the buses. The non NICE, but Veolia Transdev maintenance and service reliability record are also in question since Veolia operations in Monmouth County, NJ and Las Vegas, NV has been poor. Even overseas in Australia, their record are not good. However I suggest Nassau Co. boost the funding to NICE Bus and then I'll reevaluate and make a final say, however currently, Nassau County and NICE Bus share the blame, and I would not blame the (MTA) on anything what-so-ever.

True spoken like a very intelligent man QJT salutes you B)

I think that the N6x is not liked by most members on this site. NICE should change the N6x back into the N6 Limited. That way, the N6 local won't be jam packed. Also, it should run 7 days a week. On weekends, it should run from 7 AM to 9 PM at 10 minute headways.

As much as I was scratching my head about N6X the numbers are no longer in your favor man. N6x is now a success with the mecham stop and the 169th stop I believe it should have all N6x trips originate at 165th cause if it's so much faster than the N6 local then there is no reason it shouldn't originate from 165th and travel the full route. Lately the N6x has been CRUSHED ever since the new stops. Unfortunately N6x now just plain works can't do anything about that. N6 ltd was fine but with N6X being successful now nothing can be done to change it back. At first it was stupid but then they were swift and corrected their mistake now it works. NICE just has the BALLZ to try new things even if they are questionable.

The site should be hosted and designed outside of the county, I have a good feeling of where the site is hosted and who runs it, but I won't say it because it's private infomation and I don't have permission to release it. However, just a spoiler alert, it's in a state West of the Mississippi.

There was never any doubt in mind that the n6x would be a success for what it is suppose to do. But at what cost? Thousands of riders are vein left out waiting longer and longer for the local bus. The n6x is it's own route without a successful supplement. For the n6x to be a true success, the n6 local should run more frequent during rush hour.or having a limited with it. The n6x helps a few sure but they are running less buses on a route that can't handle less buses

As much as I was scratching my head about N6X the numbers are no longer in your favor man. N6x is now a success with the mecham stop and the 169th stop I believe it should have all N6x trips originate at 165th cause if it's so much faster than the N6 local then there is no reason it shouldn't originate from 165th and travel the full route. Lately the N6x has been CRUSHED ever since the new stops. Unfortunately N6x now just plain works can't do anything about that. N6 ltd was fine but with N6X being successful now nothing can be done to change it back. At first it was stupid but then they were swift and corrected their mistake now it works. NICE just has the BALLZ to try new things even if they are questionable.

I have yet to see a "crush loaded" N6L, I did see an SRO N6L, but then it was followed by an N6L with 5 people on board. They should spread out the runs. Every 10 mins is too frequent. The buses originally turned at 179th street to save on mileage and time, which would mean more trips with less buses and gas.

There was never any doubt in mind that the n6x would be a success for what it is suppose to do. But at what cost? Thousands of riders are vein left out waiting longer and longer for the local bus. The n6x is it's own route without a successful supplement. For the n6x to be a true success, the n6 local should run more frequent during rush hour.or having a limited with it. The n6x helps a few sure but they are running less buses on a route that can't handle less buses

I agree, they should run more locals and less expresses, But their main purpose was to have more trips with less buses.

I have yet to see a "crush loaded" N6L, I did see an SRO N6L, but then it was followed by an N6L with 5 people on board. They should spread out the runs. Every 10 mins is too frequent. The buses originally turned at 179th street to save on mileage and time, which would mean more trips with less buses and gas.

I agree, they should run more locals and less expresses, But their main purpose was to have more trips with less buses.

you need to get out more cause I experienced it first hand 2 months after N6x it just plain works ppl got used to it to the point where even every 10 mins is perfect. Sorry but the expresses are no longer as empty as they were when they first started I will not argue further with you cause experience doesn't lie I saw them back to back CRUSHED. There is nothing that can stip it once a change becomes successful it will not be reversed. N6X if were to be less frequent then ppl would be face to glass those 2 stops work. If N6L was not crushed it will truely never return frankly nothing is wrong with the current N6x & local setup now NICE fixed most of the early problems just extend all N6x trips to 165th then change routing to reach mecham faster then thats it. More locals can be added or artics or any higher capacity bus on N6 locals at rush hour can help. Edited by qjtransitmaster

You mean n6x, not n6L?

you need to get out more cause I experienced it first hand 2 months after N6x it just plain works ppl got used to it to the point where even every 10 mins is perfect. Sorry but the expresses are no longer as empty as they were when they first started I will not argue further with you cause experience doesn't lie I saw them back to back CRUSHED. There is nothing that can stip it once a change becomes successful it will not be reversed. N6X if were to be less frequent then ppl would be face to glass those 2 stops work. If N6L was not crushed it will truely never return frankly nothing is wrong with the current N6x & local setup now NICE fixed most of the early problems just extend all N6x trips to 165th then change routing to reach mecham faster then thats it. More locals can be added or artics or any higher capacity bus on N6 locals at rush hour can help.

... I'm just gonna say you're wrong. We're all tired of explaining this to you ...

You mean n6x, not n6L?

... I'm just gonna say you're wrong. We're all tired of explaining this to you ...

Well I will show ya a vid I am not lying about what I saw you don't have to believe the truth it hurts deal with it. Again I was personally ON THE N6X NUFF SAID. My eyes can't possibly be wrong. This is why I block some ppl here. Too much disrespect disagree but don't attack ones character. I started retaliating silently. Not gonna argue here just stating reality. N6 ltd in my opinion should have only lost 1 stop which was elmont rd. Just stating what I saw which was real so end of discussion next. Edited by qjtransitmaster