Random Thoughts Thread - Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE)

User

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love how people out here assume that everyone of age has a license and car... even some of my school's faculty are from the city but they've forgotten about how bad it is out here. I have to leave my last class at 2:05 sharp or else that N35 is gone and that's another 30-40 minutes tacked on because I had to wait for another bus plus the transfer to the second one. Now I have to take the 22 or 24 and that's a good 20 minutes longer than I want to be out. It's exhausting.

I've been meaning to ask this question for a very long time. Why do people at 60 Charles Lindbergh Blvd mistake the Roosevelt Field bound N16 for the Rockville Centre Bound N16? These people have a nasty habit of asking the bus driver if the N16 is going to Hempstead, despite the fact that the luminators show Roosevelt Field in All Caps and in bold.

The same reason why people sitting above the rear wheels walk all the way to the front (and some are still nice enough to thank the B/O), the reason that they get on the bus and spend a minute in front of the farebox digging for money or their MetroCard, the reason why they still manage to talk over a loud engine + transmission over the phone, and the reason why people cling onto the frontmost poles when the seats are barely filled.

Before NICE changed the signs, did the N6/22/24 read "165 ST TERM/TERMINAL" or "165TH?" I thought the Horizons showed 165TH at one point (BEFORE THE TAKEOVER).

I think they used to read 165 St Bus Terminal on the NGs and 165th St Bus Terminal on the Orion Vs.

Just got off 1790.

1) The bus left Hicksville a minute early. Why would the driver do this, given that the n78 is not a route with runtime issues?

2) Is it me or has NICE increased the volume on the Clever Devices?

Just got off 1790.

1) The bus left Hicksville a minute early. Why would the driver do this, given that the n78 is not a route with runtime issues?

2) Is it me or has NICE increased the volume on the Clever Devices?

Maybe he knew there was traffic on Old Country Rd?

And each announcement has a different volume depending on how it's programmed. Some stops announce loud, some announce very low. NICE has to balance them all out.

They need those announcements turned up... how else will all these idiots on their phones and with their music player volumes all the way up hear anything? Then people can hit the tape and yell at the B/O after their stop is three blocks behind them.

They can learn how to read the Clever Devices