Random Thoughts Thread - Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE)

User

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always dreamed of seeing an NG in all white...

I saw one at Jamaica while I was busfanning. Ironically I couldn't take a picture because I was eating.

Anyways, I find it funny how you can still see the LIB decals on the O5's.

The wrapped NGs also show them. Looks kind of cool. I do want to see a white NG CNG.

N32 I was on earlier almost got into an accident after some bro in an Infiniti G35 makes a u-turn with the NG I was on only 4 feet away... the B/O caught it just in time. It turned out that bro was on his phone...

Well, by White you mean not wrapped but striped with no ads?

N32 I was on earlier almost got into an accident after some bro in an Infiniti G35 makes a u-turn with the NG I was on only 4 feet away... the B/O caught it just in time. It turned out that bro was on his phone...

How people blame the bus driver all the time, no the bus driver is the professional one, the regular car drivers don't know sh!t!!

SERVICE ALERT:

n58 -- EXPECT ROUTE DELAYS

Sunday May 6th, 7:00 a.m. until 7:30 p.m.

The n58 buses will be detoured off of Middle Neck Road in Great Neck between Fairview Avenue and Hicks Lane, due to the Old Village Crafts Fair. Buses will turn off of Middle Neck Road at Fairview Ave (northbound) or Hicks Lane (southbound) and travel down Forest Row. Buses will follow their regular route after 7:30 p.m. when the fair has concluded.

Please allow additional travel time to ensure you arrive at your destination on time.

n43 -- EXPECT ROUTE DELAYS

Sunday May 6th, 8:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m.

n43 buses will be detoured off of the NCC campus in Garden City, due to the Long Island Marathon. Southbound buses will run west on Stewart Avenue, turn left on Quentin Roosevelt Blvd and the turn right on to Commercial Avenue. They will then turn left on to Oak Street and travel south to the Hempstead Turnpike. The bus will then turn left on to the Turnpike and travel to Uniondale Avenue where it will resume its regular route.

Northbound buses will turn left on to Hempstead Turnpike from Uniondale Avenue and travel west to Oak Street. Buses will then travel north up Oak Street and turn right on to Commercial Avenue . At Quentin Roosevelt Boulevard buses will turn left and then make a right on to Stewart Avenue. Buses will resume their regular route at Merchants Concourse.

Please allow additional travel time on this morning, to ensure you arrive at your destination on time.

why is the n48 cut when it has a route along an unshared road and the n49 not being cut when all of its traveled routes are shared with another bus?

Front St, n48

Hemp. Tpke n70/71/72

Newbridge Road n50

n79 -- EXPECT ROUTE DELAYS

Sunday May 6th, 8:00 a.m. until 10:00 a.m.

n79 buses will be detoured off of Old Country Road and Manetto Hill Road, due to the Woodbury Walk A Thon Walk.

Eastbound buses will turn left off of Old Country Road on to Central Park Road. They will then travel and turn right on to Main Parkway. From Main Parkway they will turn left on to Manetto Hill Road and resume their regular route.

Westbound busses will turn off of Manetto Hill Road by turning right on to Main Parkway. They will then travel and turn left on to Central Park Road. Buses will travel south on Central Park Road and turn right on to Old Country Road and resume their regular route.

Please allow additional travel time to ensure you arrive at your destination on time.

I got a question. The Long Island Bus signs that are up and around the county now. When were they put up? I know the N43 was created in 2003 and those signs look different than the ones on the rest of the routes. So when were those signs put up around the county by the (MTA)?

I got a question. The Long Island Bus signs that are up and around the county now. When were they put up? I know the N43 was created in 2003 and those signs look different than the ones on the rest of the routes. So when were those signs put up around the county by the (MTA)?

My guess is sometime in the 90's because I know for fact when I was a little boy the N16 signs were always the same on Hempstead ave when I used to go over there when I was a little boy.

My guess is sometime in the 90's because I know for fact when I was a little boy the N16 signs were always the same on Hempstead ave when I used to go over there when I was a little boy.

Really? Wow, I didn't think they were that old. They were printing signs back then?

n79 -- EXPECT ROUTE DELAYS

Sunday May 6th, 8:00 a.m. until 10:00 a.m.

n79 buses will be detoured off of Old Country Road and Manetto Hill Road, due to the Woodbury Walk A Thon Walk.

Eastbound buses will turn left off of Old Country Road on to Central Park Road. They will then travel and turn right on to Main Parkway. From Main Parkway they will turn left on to Manetto Hill Road and resume their regular route.

Westbound busses will turn off of Manetto Hill Road by turning right on to Main Parkway. They will then travel and turn left on to Central Park Road. Buses will travel south on Central Park Road and turn right on to Old Country Road and resume their regular route.

Luckily this only affects a couple of trips. Main Pkwy is no place for a bus.

The N6 pissed me off yesterday. I'm trying to get to the city and the drivers kept passing my stop, not to mention that the Kentucky Derby was yesterday and so a lot of people went to the racetrack. The N6 was pretty busy, especially when the races were over. Of course if a driver doesn't pick ANYONE up, then the stop is going to have MORE people for the next bus, which the driver of keeps going because of the amount of people.

So, a bus pulls up to the stop and the B/O doesn't open the front door. I had enough, I went right to the back door and got on when a lady got off, and so did a few other people waiting. The driver then has an issue that I didn't pay, He focused on me because I yelled up front "I'll pay at the subway" and he's like "no you pay now" and I'm like "Yeah, If you wanted me to pay you should have opened the door, I don't have time for games, I'm not getting passed by 5 buses" He kept telling me to come to the front, and yet the door was still closed. Once he opened it, I had this girl that was at the bus stop hold the back door open for me. I went up front dipped my card and went back to the back door.

I HAD A FREAKING SEAT before Springfield Blvd! That's what pisses me off, YOU KNOW WE"RE ALMOST IN QUEENS, and that everyone will be alighting the bus, stop the bullshit and pick the passengers up. We don't have all day to be waiting for buses to pass by. Same thing eastbound, stop the bullshit, you know a lot of people get off at Elmont Road.

NICE better get that N6 under control.

Edited by N6 Limited